Home Base

Should we act like nothing's wrong?

Soo Yun phone alarm went off like crazy at 6am, blasting off The Trax “Scorpio”. She started grumbling, coming out from her sheets. If it was one thing that she hated the most was waking up early, so she always tried to at least to start her day with a song she loved.

It might seem like something non important and silly,  but for the past few months everything in her body ached her when she woke up and every day she felt even more tired than the way she went to sleep the night before. It had being bothering it all this time, but since she had never had this problem before, she simply had decided to just endure it; it had to end at some time right?

That day it was the same, she sat on her bed for a few minutes and had to slowly begin massaging her legs to stop the ache enough to get up.

She finally grabbed her phone and shut the alarm off and made her way to the bathroom to get ready, she had already packed up her small suitcase the night before and all that was left was for her to get ready and that didn’t took her much time, all she needed was a quick shower and put on some clothes, wearing makeup was also going on break that week.

She was washing her face and took a glance at her reflection in the mirror, her face had finally began to show the signs of the semester that had just ended, she had big bags under her eyes, on top of that, dark circles made the look perfect and since she had cried last night, her face was a bit puffy.

“Well isn’t this a pretty sight to wake up in the morning? Just what I needed to see to cheer me up” she said to her reflection.

She began to brush her teeth, and was almost sure that if she had troubled waking up, Seung Hyun will never be up that early to pick her up, despite his promise the night before.

It was 6:23am sharp, when she heard the doorbell ringing, she immediately drop the pack of cookies she was eating, with a surprised look drawing all over her face. “It can’t be him right?” was all that came across her mind.

She made her way to the door and saw Seung Hyun all dress up and ready to go and couldn’t help to drop open at the shock that he kept his word after all.

“Shut your mouth, a fly might get in” he said walking into the house and pushing her chin up to close .

“Sorry, but I wasn’t expecting you, I mean you are not a morning person after all” she said looking for her bag and the carry on she was going to take with her “plus I can manage myself and you have to work at 8:00am and the last time I check the bus station I need to go and your workplace are at opposites sides of the city”

“Stop caring about it, I will make it on time, don’t worry” he said and smiled to her, grabbing onto the small carryon bag. He waited for her to turn off all the lights and to double check that all the windows were closed, until she finally made her way out of the house.

They began walking to catch the bus and he unconsciously grabbed her hand when it was time to get across the street.  Soo Yun tried to act cool, but inside she was confused as hell.

“Seung Hyun what the hell? What is with the hand? Are you planning to give me a heart attack?” she kept on wondering, since after crossing the street, he didn’t let go of her hand, not even one moment, he instead kept it closely wrapped around his.

They arrived at the bus stop and quickly walked all the way to the back, where the only two remaining empty seats were left. The ride went along quietly, since many people were already inside the bus, it wasn’t like they could do a lot of talking, but Seung Hyun kept holding tightly onto her hand, almost like he was afraid of letting her go.

Soo Yun on the other hand, was having a rush of emotions going through her head and her heart was beating nonstop, especially at the sight of some high school girls giving her looks at her hand entwined around Seung Hyun, she even tried to pull it back, but he didn’t even flinch.

After a long trip they arrived at the bus terminal at 7:20am, just to get to know that the tickets for the 8:00am bus were already sold out and she had to wait until the 9:00am one; Soo Yun reluctantly bought the ticket “What else could go wrong?” was the thought that came across her mind.

Seung Hyun could sensed that his friend was still in a very bad shape, so he grab her and motion her to the coffee shop that was inside the terminal, they asked for coffee and start chit chatting over petty stuff, he was trying to take her mind away of everything, telling her useless stories of his work and Soo Yun finally laugh about the silly things that Seung Hyun was telling her.

“You can be funny when you put your mind into you know that Seung Hyun?” she said to him with a small smile on her face.

“I am always funny, is just that I don’t like to brag about it in front of everyone” he said with a smirked across his face.

“Oh really? Is that so, so beside funny we are also cocky? Well I already knew that after all”

“Aigoo, can you believe this girl? Giving her Oppa attitude? Who does she think she is?”

“Oppa, which Oppa? I don’t see an Oppa around here? I think Bae Oppa is at classes” she said and soon felt a pinch on her cheeks.

“Nega, Seung Hyun Oppa and don’t you forget it, arasso?” he said not letting go of her chubby cheek.

“Arasso, arasso, aish! That hurts!!!!” she said but he still didn’t bulge.

“Said it”

“Seung Hyun Oppa” she said and he finally let go. She began rubbing her now red cheek and gave him a small punch on his side. He flinched a little but was still grinning like crazy, just like a child when playing a trick on someone and getting away with it.

“That hurts! And I hate when people grabbed my cheeks, I have always hated it ever since I was little” she said and finally looked at the time in the clock that was hanging on the wall; it marked 8:20am.

“OMO, Seung Hyun, palli you need to get going, look at the time, I have kept you way too long, you are going to be so late to work, I’m so sorry” she said embarrassed to have completely neglected about the things that were going on.

“Ani, don’t worry, I texted my boss while you where ordering your coffee telling him I was going to arrive a tad late since I had a personal business to attend, but I do need to get going now, is an hour away after all.

But text me as soon as you get on the bus, I want to know you are safely in it, also don’t fall sleep on the bus, you never know what weird people can do to you. Also call me when you get there, but most importantly sleep as soon as you can… you have eye bags bigger than Seungri’s and I’m perfectly aware that you haven’t catch a wink of sleep in the last 3 weeks”

“Ne, I will Seung Hyun don’t worry, thank you for everything” she told him and he gave her a quick bear hug before parting outside.

She sighed; a part of her wanted to hang onto those arms like there was no tomorrow. But right then she knew that there was not denying it, the boy rushing away from the coffee shop, had made a home base in her heart and she knew that there wasn’t going to be an easy way to thrown him out anytime soon. 

 

---------

A/N: hello! sorry for the late update, i had a crazy week, so I couldnt get a hold of this until now! thanks for my loyal friends for caring about my health, not healthy yet, but feeling better so dont worry! 
Hope you like this weeks update... and yes Elleally i know there is no Bae, but be patient! lol