Love & Hate

Postpone All Answers
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

chapter 2: Love & Hate

 

09 / 09 / 2014    12:19 pm

     I hate her. I really ing hate her. She's gotten me in trouble in every single class I've had so far—I just can't escape her. I've known her for what? Four hours? And it's like she's glued to my side. She's either passing notes to me in class, or playing with my hair and during science class she had her hand running up and down my thigh! I told the teacher, but he took her word over mine and so I'm still stuck with her as my lab partner. But I swear to God, if she lays her dirty hands on me again I'll kill her.

     For a second I thought I had found peace; a Soojung-free-haven, but here she trots toward me, this time with a small group of girls following after her like a pack of feral mutts. All I wanted to do was have lunch in silence, but I guess that's too much to ask for.

     Soojung slides in beside me at the table and her followers file in across from us. "How's your lunch, baby Joy?" She asks with a sickeningly loving look.

     " off." I say, scooting away from her.

     She smirks, "Glad you're liking it." I grimace, directing my attention back to my lunch. "Lemme introduce you to the gang,"

     "I really don't care, Soojung."

     "Don't. Call. Me. That." she snaps loudly, and I jump a little in surprise, staring over at her with wide eyes. "Anyway~" she coos, smiling once more, (I'm a bit aghast at how quickly she can change from anger to cheerfulness.) "That there is Yeri," she points to one of the girls across from us.

     The girl, Yeri, grins cheekily with a flip of her strangely orange hair before throwing a wink in my direction. A purple head band crowns her head and her clothes, a simple long-sleeved dress, match it's color. She looks as though she's stepped right out of some '70s cartoon. "She's a ," Soojung informs smugly.

     I sputter. Did she really just call one of her friends a ?

     "I am not!" Yeri protests, crossing her thin arms over her chest. She stares daggers at Soojung who only continues to look horribly cocky.

     "She'll eat you out for five bucks. She's a ."

     The orange haired girl waves a dismissing hand before leaning over the table, "Like you didn't love it, Krystal." she whispers mockingly.

     I roll my eyes at their lover's quarrel, taking another bite of my sandwich. "I really do not care."

     Soojung smacks me surprisingly gently upside the head, "Oh, shut up, Joy, of course you do."

     I sigh in defeat, turning my attention to her, "Go on then," I gesture for her to continue, "Since you seem to know what I care about so well."

     She grins at me almost sincerely, almost as though she is excited I'm listening. "Alright then," She points to the dark haired girl typing on her phone beside Yeri, "That's our Irene, our soulful, depressed writer." The girl doesn't even acknowledge me nor Soojung, just simply continues typing away.

     "She never really says much." Yeri adds, "The most she says in a day is fifteen words."

     I look to Soojung and she shrugs. "Not like it matters."

     Soojung continues on about the girl beside Irene, Luna; who, Soojung says, would be the lead dancer if their little gang was an idol group. And also the one next to her, Amber, who Soojung doesn't even comment on.

     Lunch continues on as such, and I find myself a bit enthralled in their playfully cruel, homo chitchat, though all I wanted moments before was peace and quiet. I'm a bit too fascinated at how they can be so rude to each other and gossip horrible things about each other in front of each other and still seem so bonded together, like some weird mess of a sisterhood.

     I think I might actually be a bit jealous of it all. I've never really had friends like Soojung does: Ones you can be open with, and joke around with. Ones who don't care where you're from or who you really are. Even in my old town, I never trusted anyone as much as she seems to trust these girls.

     "You alright there, Joy?" Luna raises a heavily drawn on eyebrow, unwrapping Amber's arm from around her shoulders. She tucks a strand of her short, blonde hair behind her ear.

     I didn't realize I had been staring off into the distance. "Yeah." I nod a little too solemnly, "And my name isn't Joy."

     "She wants to be called by her given name," Soojung joins in, acting like it is the most boring thing in the world to do. "Sooyoung."

     "It means elegant flower." Irene speaks, her eyes still glued to her phone. I seem to be the only one shocked that she's spoken. "It's not so bad."

     "Well," Soojung wraps her arms around me, pressing her cheek to mine. I can feel her muscles grin against my skin. "If we're going by real names, I'm your elegant crystal then.~"

     All the girls laugh except for Irene whose attention is once more on her phone and me. Though, however surprising it may be, I'm not scowling.

  ~ ♥ ~  

     After lunch, the day seems to just fly by so quickly, and for whatever idiotic reason, I'm not longer so annoyed by Soojung.

Please log in to read the full chapter