001

RED

 

Lay's POV

 

 

            Hi, my name is  Zhang Yixing and I consider myself a nerd, probably because my best friend has labelled me as such. Being a nerd is not bad. You don't have to worry about which party to go on Friday Night because you're not going to any of them. Second thing of being a nerd that, it doesn't take long to get ready in the morning because there is nobody to impress for and your future basically laid out. College, job, and maybe a beautiful wife if you're lucky enough. 

 

 

Oh and one more thing, you don't have to worry about pesky high school drama because everyone in school is immature and annoying as .

 

 

I know what I've told you doesn't sound great, but that's my life. The truth is, it won't change. So, this life has already been chosen for me. It's predetermined and there's no exit sign. 

 

 

          There is this handsome boy who his girlfriend's face off. I don't know him, but he's the heartbreaker in school who probably has more girls his name out in ecstacy. Everyone knows what he did last weekend. Everyone knows he goes and s Ms. Ahn on Tuesdays. It's the day when her roommate works late.

 

 

I want that. Not the girlfriend, nor his handsomeness, or the attention. I want his confidence.

 

 

         The fact is I'm not the confident boy. I'm just the nerd who wears mega-thick glasses. I spent recess in library mostly, and I study hard for a good future. I'm okay being me. Because being a nerd means being myself and intellingent, I like the word 'nerd'. And that's what I want, to simply be me.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"Kim jongin, hurry up! I need to return the books back to the library by this morning!" Yixing snaps angrily at his best friend. Yixing paces back and forth in front of his best friend's mansion, scanning his watch panicky. Afraid of being late to school. Yixing sighs angrily. He's one and only best friend always late. How should he deal with this?

 

 

          Zhang Xixing and Kim Jongin have been best friend since they were in elementary school. Kim Jongin is known as the playboy who sweeps all the girls to his feet with his flawless look, dances well, rich and perfect academic. Who wouldn't know him, Jongin easily become the school crush and girls are head over heels with him.

 

 

Jongin rushes to wear his shoes as soon as he steps off from his mansion and apologizing to Yixing then he puts a loosen tie over his neck. His hair is unkempt as always, though Yixing has told him a hundred times to keep it combed.

 

 

          Yixing sighs slightly running a hand through his neatly trimmed hair. "Why are you late again?" Yixing asks Jongin eventhough he knows Jongin very well. Jongin just smiles his usual sorry smile to him in response.

 

 

"I knew it." Yixing rolls his eyes then takes his glasses off, neatly folds them and slids them into his pocket."Jongin, you shouldn't spend your parents' money on girls and clubs. You can join me studying and revising our works together instead of hanging out and dancing in the club." Yixing continues his nagging while Jongin just stands still and listens intently without any arguements nor agreements.

 

 

          Yixing and Jongin are very different in every aspect. Yixing is the shy nerd guy who probably spends recess in the school library meanwhile Jongin is the total opposite of his best friend.

 

 

          This expains well the reason why Jongin is not mad at all when Yixing nags him all the time. Jongin loves him so much. They have been sharing clothes, food and hell, Jongin could even shares his girlfriend with Yixing.

 

 

"Alright Xing, this will be the last time. I promise. I'll start studying from tomorrow and this time I am very sure." Jongin flashes his grin as he raises his hand and stucks his pinky finger out.

 

 

"Jonginnie, I don't believe in your promises anymore. You have promised me the same a thousand times and I'm sick of it." Yixing rejects Jongin's pinky finger as he nags and walks away towards Jongin's black yet luxurious car.

 

 

And then Jongin makes a sour face and imitates Yixing's voice. 

 

 

"Hurry up idiot, we are getting late!" Yixing shouts at him.

 

 

Jongin breathes a sigh of relief and breaks into a grin as he trails behind Yixing.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Jung Eunji. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

 

 

          Eunji prefer work than go to that ty school. School that contains 'pain in the ' students and teachers who don't even understand what is the meaning of privacy.

 

 

          Eunji plans to stop going to school because she knows she doesn't has a future anymore. Eventhough she works as a waitress in a coffee shop and night, she works in a club. She is very satisfied with it. If not because of the school giving her the monthly allowance, she would have quit all these crap years ago. Besides she doesn't bother to study anymore because she won't remember what she just studied. All she does most of the time is sleep and makes trouble, anyway. Her school counselor as clueless as to what to do with her anymore. Many of Eunji's classmates avoid her because she is wild at times and glums at other times, but she doesn't give a flying to those shady motherers. Nobody deserves her attention.

 

 

 


 

 

 

          Eunji's alarm clock rings for fifteen minutes through Eunji's ears, stirring her awake. Eunji slowly turns her head and turn the alarm clock off when she sees her alarm clock sitting on the nightstand on the left side of her bed. Eunji stretches her body lazily and redisposes her feet beneath the sheets. Eunji rubs her eyes repeatedly and tries to look the time with her still-blurry eyes. "What time is is now?"

 

 

Eunji widen her eyes and groans inwardly when the clock shows that it is already 7.25 a.m.. "Damn it!" Eunji bursts out. She doesn't want to wake up at all so she continues to sleep two minutes later, though. Eunji mumbles something about waking up an hour later.

 

 

          As Eunji's eyes begin to close and her mind starts to drift off to her dreamland with the comfort of her pilow,suddenly Mrs. Lim's words playing in her mind.

 

 

"If I were the principal of this school, I would've expelled you ages ago."

 

 

Eunji snorts a laugh. ', that's a reason why you're not the one.' She says in her mind.

 

 

"The principal pities you, living alone in a such young age. You were fortunate the principal didn't expell you at once. If you are caught again for skipping school, I won't hesitate to take actions and tell the principal."

 

 

          Eunji feels her blood boils with hatred just thinking about Mrs. Lim, her homeroom teacher of Seoul High School. To be honest, Eunji has been living her well all the time. What makes that think she wouldn't survive without attending to that dumb school.

 

 

Eunji quickly rushes to the bathroom, preparing herself for school, nevertheless. As soon as she enters the bathroom, she is greeted by a smell so unpleasant and a rusty razor blade covered with blood scattering on the floor. The blood has a bit of metallic smell like a smithy, like a raw iron and wet metal.

 

 

 

Eunji's shoulders slump and let out a weak sigh. She doesn't bother to clean them, and continue her unfinished work. 

 

 

 


 

 

 

          The school bell rings signalling the end of recess period as Eunji quickly walks down the hall toward her next class. She refrains from making she drags herself away to the bathroom. Her mind totally focuses on her arm. She seems not to hear her thoughts as she makes her way to the bathroom. 

 

 

'I wanted to cut, but I had promised.' It lingers in Eunji's head as she walks to her destination. When Eunji reaches her destination, she shuts the door and stands before the sink as she looks herself in the mirror that fills with fear.

 

 

"As if I were looking at somebody else." Eunji mumbles at herself as she folds the sleeves of her black sweater up past her elbows. She turns on the water and steam clouds the mirror.

 

 

          She removes something from her pocket, a razor blade, and runs the blade under the water. Her body tense as she moves her right hand and places the wet razor blade at the end her skin of her left arm.

 

 

'I'm fine' she fastidiously types as the blood drips down her wrist. Eunji quickens her breaths as the blood bleeding away the pain. 

 

 

          Eunji could see the blood drip onto the tile floor. She closes her eyes and tries to calm the raging of anxiety pulsation through her body. She sighs her relief and continues sliding the blade back and forth over her left arm. Instinctively, she tilts her head back and closes her eyes tighter. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Hello readers! Sorry for the short chapter and any grammars or spelling mistakes.

By the way please let me know in the comment section below and I hope you all like it :-)