Epilogue

RED

 

RED

 

 

Jung Eunji used to hate the colour red with a passion.

 

 

     Everything began when her drunk father started yelling at her mother, saying that he wasn't cheating on her. His life was already hectic enough from all the works in the office, and god, he didn't need the unecessary stress his wife was giving him when he came home. However, Mrs. Jung didn't feel buying any of his , she argued back, saying that she saw the lipstick marks on his shirt yesterday.

 

 

      5 years old Hyerim was having a hard time muffling her sobs. She curled into a fetal position under the warmth of her blanket. The darkness of her room wasn't helping her much either. Hyerim hated the fact that this is the nineth time her parents fought. 

 

 

"I regretted marrying you.You are nothing but a useless trash!" Mrs. Jung spat. 

 

 

"I'm pretty sure you hardly remember the fact that you're a married man with a daughter when you were busy ing another woman into oblivion!!" 

 

 

      The sound of the glass breaking stopped Hyerim from crying. She came out of her room and took slow, careful steps towards the living room.There were blood everywhere. Some were coming out from the area where her mother was hit on the head. Hyerim screamed and ran to her mother's side. A few tears escaped Mrs.Jung's eyes, but was slightly tilted up. Hyerim was confused as to why her mother would smile, but she wasted no time and told her to hang in there. Mrs. Jung let out her last breath as soon as Hyerim stood up to get help from her neighbours.

 

 

 


 

 

 

      "That ! She left me to suffer the pain of living in this world alone!" Eunji presses the blade deeper into her wrist. Eunji had developed a habit of cutting since her mother died. She hasn't heard anything regarding of her father since the incident, though. Honestly, it's better to not knowing anything about him anymore.

 

 

        Oh, and Eunji isn't Hyerim anymore. She hates her real name because it reminds her of the two persons she hated the most on this earth. Eunji started living on her own and she feels contented with just the way things are going on right now.