The Plan

Goodbye, Hello

"Ms Hwang."

Tiffany looked up and saw a guy smiling nervously at her. Out of courtesy, she smiled back as she saw him taking out a piece of folded paper from his pocket.

"This is for you."

After he had handed the paper to Tiffany, he quickly ran off before Tiffany could even ask him anything. Irene and Yeri made their way to Tiffany's desk after witnessing the whole incident as they kept asking her questions.

"Tiffany-unnie, who was that?" Yeri asked excitedly.

"I'm not sure. I don't even know him." Tiffany answered as she opened up the folded paper and showed it to the two girls.

"Hi. My name is Cheolwoo. I'm from the Sales and Marketing Department. I've been wanting to get to know you better so if you don't mind, would you like to have lunch with me today? Or maybe tomorrow? If not, any day that you're free." Irene read out the message on the paper, along with the phone number that was written at the bottom corner.

"He sounds desperate." Yeri commented as Irene nodded her head in agreement while Tiffany just shrugged her shoulder.

"He looks cute though, when he walked in to our office and kept bowing his head at us while making his way to your desk. But you were too engross in your work to notice him." Irene said.

"Cuter than me?"

The 3 girls looked at each other when they realised that the question didn't come from any of them. Turning their heads to the side, Irene and Yeri chuckled nervously when they saw Taeyeon leaning against her office door with a pout. Tiffany, on the other hand, was grinning to herself when she saw her girlfriend's cute expression.

"You're the cutest to me." Tiffany answered as Taeyeon grinned wider.

Irene and Yeri looked at each other as they curled up their fingers and faked a disgust look before breaking out into giggles.

"Yah!! The two of you. Nothing better to do, is it?" Taeyeon pointed at the two younger girls who automatically looked a little scared. "Go and inform the other girls that we'll be doing OT today. There's a lot of things that need to be done. So please make arrangements to stay late."

Irene and Yeri pouted as they made their way back to their table to inform their other 3 colleagues while Taeyeon instructed Tiffany to bring some documents and proceed to her office.

"Who was that guy and what does he want?"

Tiffany smiled a little when Taeyeon, who was already seated at her own desk, shot her questions even before she managed to close the door behind her. Ignoring her questions, Tiffany made her way to sit at the couch and placed the stack of files that she was carrying earlier. Taking the folded piece of paper that she had received from the guy earlier, she shoved it to Taeyeon who had sat down beside her.

"Cheolwoo? Sales and Marketing Department? Is he a newbie? I haven't heard his name before." Taeyeon frowned a little as she folded the paper back and kept it inside her pocket.

"Do you really know the names of all the people working in this company?" Tiffany asked as Taeyeon looked up for a while before shaking her head while pouting. "Stop pouting. And why are you keeping that paper?"

"Why can't I keep the paper? Do you need it?" Taeyeon asked while blinking her eyes, acting innocent. "You're not really planning to have lunch with this newbie, right?"

"I haven't decided yet." Tiffany answered non-chalantly as she turned to look at the documents on the table. "By the way, why do you keep saying that he's a newbie?"

"Andwae... You can't lunch with him." Taeyeon whined like a spoiled child, shaking her body and head. "He must be a newbie because everyone in the company, knows that you're mine."

Tiffany was surprised when Taeyeon suddenly hugged her from the side before laughing out loud like an ahjumma.

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon. We're in the office. Behave yourself." Tiffany used her index finger to push Taeyeon's forehead slowly away from her while her girlfriend continued laughing. "Not everyone knew that we're together, Taetae. Most of them took it as rumors."

"Then I'll make sure they know." Taeyeon mumbled to herself.

"What did you say?" Tiffany asked as Taeyeon shook her head and quickly took a file to browse through. "I thought I heard you mumbling something earlier. Anyway, I'll leave the files here. Call me if you need anything, okay."

Taeyeon nodded her head and was about to start looking through the files again when she felt someone kissing her left temple. Looking up, she saw Tiffany winking at her and smiled sweetly before she walked out of the office.

"I really need to make you mine soon. Officially." Taeyeon said to herself after Tiffany closed the door.

************************

"Thank you so much for helping me out the past 2 weeks. Ms Choi and Ms Lee will be back this coming Monday so we can dump the workload back to them." Taeyeon chuckled at her own sentence while the others just giggled along. "So this dinner treat is for your hard work."

"we really thought that we'll be doing OT tonight since that was what you told me to inform everyone." Irene said as Taeyeon grinned and apologised for tricking the girls. "Anyway, thank you for the treat, Ms Kim. All of us really appreciate it."

Irene, Yeri, Wendy, Seulgi and Joy then took turns to stand up and say their thanks to Taeyeon, who had been standing throughout her speech earlier and she was surprised when Yeri even gave her a hug. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany instantly as she was afraid that her girlfriend would be angry but Tiffany just smiled at her.

The food arrived soon and they started their dinner while chatting among each other. Taeyeon kept glancing at Tiffany since she had been feeling uneasy after Yeri's hug.

"Wae?" Tiffany finally realised what Taeyeon had been doing as she turned to look at the girl beside her. "If you're feeling uneasy because of the hug earlier, don't be. Yeri is the youngest among them. She's like a little sister to me. All of them are like sisters to me. After what happened between me and Wendy, I realised that I shouldn't jump to conclusion so easily."

Taeyeon smiled as she grabbed Tiffany's hand from under the table and gave it a light squeeze. The dinner continued for another hour before TaeNy had to leave for the airport to welcome SooSun back from their honeymoon.

"We'll see all of you back in the office on Monday." Taeyeon said as she bid the girls farewell at the carpark while Tiffany was still giving each of them a hug before making her way to Taeyeon's car.

"Don't stay out too late, girls. I know it's a Friday night so take care." Tiffany said before she took her seat beside Taeyeon.

The 5 girls waved at the couple as the car drove off, before they made their way to Irene's car that was parked just beside Taeyeon's car earlier.

40mins later, Taeyeon and Tiffany were already making their way to the arrival hall where YulSic was waiting. Taeyeon noticed that both Yuri and Jessica were busy staring at their own phones without talking to each other.

"Yah, where's your sister?" Yuri asked the moment Taeyeon came closer. "Which car did you drove in?"

"My Mercedes." Taeyeon answered blankly before her eyes widened when she rememebered that Yuri's car, BMW Z4, was also the two-seater type. "Oh ."

Yuri facepalmed herself when she realised that Taeyeon might have forgotten to remind Hyoyeon to come to the airport. While Taeyeon took out her phone to frantically call her sister, Yuri explained the situation to Jessica and Tiffany, who were looking confused initially.

"What time will their flight be landing?" Tiffany asked as she searched for the arrival board. "I'm not sure if Hyo could make it in time."

"Don't worry, Tiff. I have a feeling that Hyo would not be sleeping yet. It's a Friday night. Most probably, she's out clubbing." Jessica commented as Yuri nodded her head.

"Okay, Hyo's on her way." Taeyeon ended the phone call before letting out a sigh. "But I have to allow her to borrow my Porsche for a week because of this. Ooohhh... my poor baby."

Taeyeon faked a cry as Jessica rolled her eyes at her while Tiffany folded her arms. "I'm suppose to be your only baby. Since when do I have to compete with your car? And you have two cars. Does that mean I'm 3rd on your list?"

Taeyeon quickly shook her head and wrapped her arms around Tiffany's waist. "Of course not. You're my top priority and of a different level compared to my cars."

YulSic pretended to puke when they witnessed the sweet moment between TaeNy as they noticed a big crowd walking out from the arrival gates. From a distance, they could see their tall friend, waving her hands excitedly at them.

"What time will she be here?" Sooyoung asked after Yuri informed her about Taeyeon's mistake. "Seriously, both of you should change your cars to bigger ones. Especially you."

Sooyoung pointed at Yuri who looked confused.

"You and Sica should be the first one among us to be starting a family since you got married first. Taeng still got a long way to go." Sooyung chuckled as Taeyeon just meronged at her.

"Sorry for the delay, Unnies." Hyoyeon appeared out of nowhere with a girl, shyly following her from behind. "Anyway, this is Min. I was hanging out with her earlier when Taeng-unnie called."

"It's the girl from the cafe." Sooyoung said out loud as she grinned at Hyoyeon.

"Were the both of you hanging out at a club earlier?" Yuri asked while wriggling her eyebrow at Hyoyeon.

The two girls looked at each other and nodded their heads. The rest of the girls started questioning Yuri and Sooyoung on how they managed to know about Hyoyeon's friend when they've only met her for the first time. Hyoyeon volunteered to explain everything since she was afraid that Sooyoung and Yuri would add in additional unnecessary information. Min then came forward to introduce herself properly to the rest.

"So, are you both together?" Sunny asked as Hyoyeon shook her head frantically.

"We're just.. just friends." Hyoyeon stammered a little before she grinned nervously while Min pretended to look away.

"Just like her sister. Stammering and getting fidgety when asked about love." Tiffany commented as she chuckled while Taeyeon pouted beside her.

"Why are we still lingering around, anyway? It's already coming to 3am and I'm already very sleepy." Jessica said as she folded her arm and gave everyone an icy glare.

Her comments caused everyone to start moving quickly as they made their way to the carpark. TaeNy and YulSic went off in their own cars while SooSun took a ride in Hyoyeon's Land Rover, along with Min.

************************

"What do you think?" Taeyeon frowned a little as she waited for Andy to give his comments.

Andy drummed his fingers on the table as he stared at the screen in front of him. "Frankly, it's not bad. Seriously, Taeyeon. You should just apply to be our company's singer instead of becoming the Executive Vice President. You will sell millions with that voice of yours."

"I'm not interested. I hate cameras." Taeyeon laughed at her own comments. "So, can you help me to fine-tune this? And please, please, please. Keep this from Sunny. This song is very special to me. I'm planning to use it for my wedding."

"Wedding? You're planning to get married? Since when do you have a partner?" Andy kept asking questions and teased Taeyeon by shaking the chair that she was sitting on. "Wait a minute... Don't tell me it's Tiffany Hwang? Your secretary."

Taeyeon nodded her head and grinned widely. Just the mere mention of Tiffany's name could always put a smile on her face instantly. "Yah!! Why do you look so surprised that I'm getting married anyway?" Taeyeon tried to kick Andy's leg but he managed to dodge it quickly.

"I thought you are the type who would forever be alone. Hermit." Andy teased Taeyeon, who then showed her fist at him. "I can't believe that the rumors are true though. About you hooking up with your secretary and doing naughty stuff behind..."

"Yah!! That part is not true, okay. We have always maintain our professionalism at work. If you don't believe me, I can alway show you the CCTV records of my office." Taeyeon meronged at Andy who started laughing.

"Is that why you're behaving so well, Kim Taeyeon? Because there's a CCTV in your office, you can't release your byuntaeness at work." Andy continued laughing at Taeyeon who finally laughed along with him. "Anyway, I'm happy that Tiffany had managed to put a smile back on your face. Knowing you since you started work in this company, you're really one of the nicest person I've met so far and you deserve to be happy."

"Thanks, Andy." Taeyeon replied as she fist-bumped with the guy in front of her. He was one of the first few people who had been able to understand her well and music was one of the things that made their friendship stronger.

"By the way, how did you manage to catch such a beauty? You don't even mingle or socialise with others." Andy was back to his teasing as Taeyeon had a smirk on her face.

"That's because I've got the charms. Who can ever resist Kim Taeyeon?" The girl started to laugh as Andy rolled his eyes at her. "Actually, not many people knew about this. Tiffany and I were already a couple since high school but something happened when we were studying in the university. We broke up and didn't see each other until recently. It was during this second encounter that we realised how much we're still in love with one another."

"That song, Lost in Love, was it for her?" Andy asked as Taeyeon nodded her head. "Cool. And don't you worry. I will help you out with this latest song to make it one of the best songs for Tiffany."

************************

"We're going to LA? But why?" Tiffany asked as she turned to face Taeyeon who had her eyes focused on the road.

They were on their way home from Sooyoung's apartment after celebrating her birthday when Taeyeon told Tiffany that they would be leaving for LA in two weeks time.

"I've to attend an important meeting there. Soo just told me earlier." Taeyeon answered, not taking her eyes of the road.

"Important meeting? For the company?" Tiffany asked as Taeyeon just nodded her head. "How come I'm not aware of it?"

Tiffany started to rummage her bag to take out her pink organiser as she flipped through the pages.

"You won't have the record for it. It's a last minute replacement. Soo was supposed to attend it but she asked if I wanted to go instead. Since she was still in a 'honeymoon' period and had just celebrated her birthday, I decided to go on her behalf." Taeyeon explained while driving the car into the carpark.

"You're going there alone?" Tiffany asked, packing her belongings the moment Taeyeon switched off the engine.

"Of course not. You're coming with me. You're my secretary, right? You have to follow me wherever I go." Taeyeon grinned cheekily at Tiffany before she exited the car.

"What if I don't want to follow you?" Closing the car door and putting on an arrogant look on her face, Tiffany's question caused Taeyeon to stop in her tracks.

"Okay." Taeyeon answered shortly, turning ahead to proceed to the lift lobby when she realised that her girlfriend was teasing her by the look in Tiffany's eyes.

"What?!! Did you just say okay?" Tiffany followed Taeyeon from the back and enterd the opened lift.

"I can't force you if you don't want to follow. I'll just need to find your replacement." Taeyeon had her poker face on while Tiffany's expression was not so good at the moment. "Hhhmm... Who should I bring then? Irene? Yeri? Or maybe someone from.... Argh, argh, argh!!"

Taeyeon didn't managed to finish her sentence when her right arm was pinched hard by Tiffany. The lift door opened and Tiffany walked out, leaving Taeyeon behind as the midget was giggling to herself while rubbing the pain off. Taeyeon just observed as Tiffany opened the door and she followed her girlfriend in. Just when Tiffany was about to turn the doorknob to her bedroom, Taeyeon hugged her from behind.

"If you're so upset about me going with someone else, why don't you just follow me to LA?" Taeyeon's voice was soft and endearing as Tiffany turned around to face her.

"Who says I'm upset?" Tiffany folded her arms, pretending to be angry.

"Me." Taeyeon replied before she leaned in to peck on Tiffany's lips. "I know my girlfriend well. I can sense all the different emotions that she's going through. Anyway, I would rather travel alone if you insist on not following me. But poor me. Being all alone in a foreign country, not being able to communicate that well and getting bored all by myself."

Taeyeon made a sad face and pretended to look pitiful as Tiffany finally laughed at her expression.

"Dork." Tiffany smacked Taeyeon's shoulder softly. "Of course, I will follow you. I was just teasing you earlier but it looks like I'm the one being teased."

"Great. Get some sleep then. I'll inform Soo about it tomorrow. Good night, my angel." Taeyeon kissed Tiffany on the forehead before both of them went to their own rooms.

MidgetTae: Everyone, Ppany has agreed to follow me to LA. I told her that I will inform Soo tomorrow. So Choi Sooyoung, you better don't forget the plan.

Taeyeon smiled at her phone and rubbed her wet hair as she climbed to the centre of her bed. She had just finished showering and had decided to update her friends through the groupchat.

ShikshinSoo: Arraseo, arraseo. I'm a good actress. You don't have to worry about it.

ChodingHyo: Unnie, I've managed to get the tickets just like you asked for.

MidgetTae: Good job, Hyo. As expected of my dongsaeng.

DeerYoong: Oh my god. I can't believe I'm the one being excited about this whole thing. Can't believe that Taeng-unnie could come up with such a great plan.

KkabYul: She's always good in this. Since high school. Remember what she did when she wanted to ask Fany to be her girlfriend? That was awesome too.

MidgetTae: Thanks for the compliments, guys. I just want to make sure that all the special people in our lives are present to witness it.

ShikshinSoo: But you have to limit your cheesiness, Taeng. My Bunny kept comparing me with you. How do you expect me to keep up with your charming ways?

KkabYul: I agree to what you said, Soo. At least you and Sunny are still in the 'honeymoon' period. Everything is still fluffy and romantic. But for me...everything seems different nowadays.

DeerYoong: Is everything okay between you and my sis, Yul-unnie?

ChodingHyo: Maybe both of you need to have another round of honeymoon. I mean there's nothing wrong to go for honeymoon more than once, right?

MidgetTae: Hyo's right. Why don't you and Sica go somewhere and revive all those romantic and fluffy feelings? Don't allow negative things to drag on for too long, Yul.

ShikshinSoo: Maybe you can travel a few days before Taeng's event. It's like killing two birds with one stone. I know Taeng won't mind.

MidgetTae: Yup. Obviously I don't. As long as it can revive your feelings for each other, I'm all for it.

DeerYoong: Yul-unnie, take as many days of leave as you want. Don't have to worry about the company. I'm already back in Seoul. Me and Seohyun will be able to manage it in your absence.

KkabYul: Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Maybe I'll discuss it with Sica and see how it goes. Let's get some rest then. Good night.