I L L U S I O N 4

Illusion

[Third Person's POV].

The teacher shakes his head and feels disappointed. He keeps on staring at Lawliet's seat  She's been absent for days. She didn't even inform him or give the teacher an excuse the letter.

'Where is she?' He asks to his self. Lawliet is her favorite student. She's smart and she has a great potential. He always has her head down He never saw the happiness in her eyes but an unreal smile.

He packs his things in his leather bag. He glances at his watch to check the time, its 4:30PM. He immediately left the classroom. Running downstairs, he slipped. He fell down the stairs and felt a great pain on his back. 

He gets up and almost reaches his bag when someone kicks his bag away from him. "What the—" He saw the silhouette of a tall guy. The teacher's eyebrows crosses, the guy chuckles. For the second time, he tries to grab his bag but he fails. The guy kicks the bag again. He's mocking him. He heard a laugh, a creepy laugh that gave him goosebumps. The guy bends his knees to pick the bag. He's wearing a black mask that covers only his eyes and a black suit. Everything in him is black except to his white and pale skin.

The light from the outside strikes the guy's face. He smiles or shall we say he grins? It creeps the hell out of him. He saw a thing that is made of metal in his hand, shining. Tracing a line on his face using that thing. He steps backward when he realizes that its not just a metal, it is a knife.

"Come here, dont you want to play?" Said the guy that makes everything scary and eerie even more. He tries to run away but he keeps on stumbling. His heart beats twice or thrice than his normal heartbeat. He cant shout for help nor utter even a single word. "Why are you running away from me? We're just going to play." He says playfully while playing with the knife using his right hand.

"N-no." The teacher is afraid and terrified. "No! He-help! Help me please!" He shouts for help that resonates through the building. The guy throws the knife that hits his ankle that makes it difficult for me to run. The guy in black suit takes his step towards the hopeless teacher. Its like in his every step, the teacher's life span decreases. Once the guys reaches him, he would be dead.

He wrenches his arm and he grins again. "Let's play, Run or die. I'll give you 66 seconds to run. Run for life or i'll kill you." The teacher removes the knife on his ankle and wastes no time and he runs as fast as he can despite of having a wound.

He saw the elevator and he immediately runs toward it. He pushes the button repeatedly but unfortunately its not functioning, "Out of Order.". He take a glance on the guy, he's standing not that far away from him, playing with his knife.Adjacent to the elevator, there is a stair. It will take him to much time if he'll take the stairs since he is at the 8th floor but he didnt mind it. All he just want to do is to run away from him or he'll die.

20 seconds left..

His skin becomes pale and his clothes is already full of sweat. And his bleeding wound. He cant run properly.

10 seconds left..

He reaches the 4th floor. He stops and catches his breathe. 'I cant die. I cant die, I still have lots of things to do. I have to eliminate them.' With gritted teeth, he runs again. But it seems that it will be his last day,he falls down the stairs. He cries out in pain as his body and wounded ankle hits the stairs. Lastly, his eyes hits the stair nosing that slices his eyeballs into two.   That's how the 66 seconds ends.

 

The guy walks downstairs thinking if that guy could escape with a wound. He reaches the 4th floor and he starts laughing creepily when he saw the teacher bathing in blood. "Im so disappointed." He his hair. "How could you? You're so unfair, you know that. We're on the exciting part, the game but you died already." Using his knife, he mercilessly stabs his right cheek for many times.  The blood flows out nonstop like a faucet. The guy sits beside his corpse thinking ways on how to find that person. He wants revenge. 

 

Once again, he takes a glance on the corpse without feeling any conscience, he doesnt have that. He has no mercy. He kills for a reason, failure. "I think its the time to say goodbye, playmate. You made me happy somehow. The way you look right now makes me so happy and proud. Wanna know my name?" He rips off the teacher's clothes then he carves his name on his back. 

 

***

 

Lawliet and Chase went back home after her classmates confronted her. She doesn't speak a word nor talk to Chase. She's dumbfounded. One of her classmate showed up to her and she gave her the picture of his teacher. Lying on the stair bathing in blood and there's a word that is carved on his back. Law. She almost vomitted after she saw that picture. He's Lawliet's favorite teacher even though he always give her low grades. He understand that, that school for giving them high grades for money. She comes from a poor family and that explain why she has low grades. 

 

"Our classmates suspected you for killing him but they cant arrest you. They doesnt have any prove that shows that you're the one who killed him. They're so dumb to accuse those kind of things to you like that. I heard them talking about you, the way you killed him which is not very true." She's Jenalyn. She's so sympathetic. Well, she tried to protect me before but she couldn't. If she'd protect me, Sophia together with her friends will do the same thing to her. I understand. "Dont worry, no one will arrest you."

 

 

She's still in state of shock. The way his teacher was killed was too harsh. The person who did that to her was so cruel. How could he? My teacher is too kind for him to kill him. Chase gives her a hug, he doesnt know what bothers her. He knew that you can comfort someone by just giving them a  hug.

 

--

Weew. Chapter 4, I hate it. I cant make a long chapter lol. I'll make a loooooooooong chapter soon. 

 

Btw, I need someone to correct my grammar. I know I have some grammar errors there. Just pm me ^^

 

any reactions about this Chapter?