2/3 Gentleman Song Daehan

Maps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main pairing : Song Daehan and Uhm Jion

Prompt : Whoever says 'Diamonds are girls' best friend' never owned a dog

It had been half a year since Jion started to live alone. Well, technically not alone since she had Saebomi living with her. At first, her dad didn't let her live alone. But her career as a ballerina in the National Dance Company forced her to make such decision since their home was too far to drive back and forth everyday.

Yes, she had followed her mom's steps to be a ballerina. Somehow she wondered if this was something that she wanted to do since almost all of her life she had been practicing ballet courtesy of her mom and she didn't have any choice than to be a ballerina.

Somehow she wondered if she was a merely replacement for her mom's ambition.

---

"Saebomi, I am home!"

The beige colored dog usually came over with her tail wagging happily, circling her until she let her came up to her laps and it usually ended with Saebom slobbering sloppy kisses on her face.

"Saebomi? Where are you? I brought you a pork rib! Let's eat!" But Saebomi was nowhere to be found. Dread started to crept on her heart. What if something bad happened?

"Saebomi?" She looked for her dog everywhere and found her slumping near the kitchen, unmoving and she felt that her worst nightmare may happen.

"Saebomi! Are you ok?"

The dog on her laps whimpered softly, obviously in distress and pain. Jion's tears swelled seeing her condition but she knew that it was not the right time to cry, Saebomi needed her right now.

"Please hang on a while, I will help you."

---

Daehan stretched his stiff limbs. All day he had been doing surgeries, attending patients and all he wanted to do right now was to lie down and sleep before the next surgery. It was scheduled early in the morning maybe he wouldn't have time to go home. He sighed, his mom would be angry at him.

Well, it was not that he didn't understand his mom. He understood her intention for having all her children together at least for dinner time. But now two thirds of her children rarely went home. Minguk with his busy schedule and him with his own schedule as a surgeon. Sometimes he felt sorry for Manse covering his absence at home but at least he had Sarang nuna right now who would make home a bit lively.

He ran frustrated fingers through his hair. He needed to sleep now. With drowsy eyes, he dragged his tired limbs to the nearest bedroom that had been prepared for the staffs.

---

Jion didn't know the nearest animal clinic in the area and the only thing on her mind was that Saebomi was in danger and she would do anything to save Saebomi.

"Please hang on there."

She was driving aimlessly when her eyes found a hospital near the road. It wasn't an animal clinic but hopefully it was good enough to help her. She quickly changed her line, didn't care that the driver behind her honked his car loudly, and entered the hospital with Saebom on the back seat.

She parked her car near the emergency room and some of the hospital staffs rushed towards her car, ready to get the patient. She motioned to back seat and the staffs followed her instruction. But after they found out that the patient was a dog, they didn't do anything to help Saebomi.

"What's wrong? Please help Saebomi."

"Sorry Miss. We can't. This is a human hospital not an animal clinic. We can't help you here. You need to go to the animal clinic."

"But there is no animal clinic near here." Her voice cracked, no matter how hard she tried to be calm.

"I am sorry, we can't."

---

Daehan had been trying to at least catch some sleep but even though he was so tired, he couldn't sleep even for a blink. So he gave up trying to sleep and decided to get himself a cup of coffee and maybe a cup ramyeon for a late night snack. He put on his winter jacket. It was rather chilly that night even though it was still autumn.

He was about to get his own car when he saw a woman arguing with some staffs.

"You are calling yourself medical professionals when you refused to take care for an animal? Don't you have shame?"

"But the patient is not human. That is not our problem."

"How could you? Even if she is a dog, she is still a living creature and you don't deserve -"

Daehan couldn't take it anymore. Lack of sleep and empty stomach made him more irritable. He was not the type to lose temper easily but tonight was an exception. The whining girl was getting on his nerves.

"Excuse me, Miss. You don't have any right to be mad at our staffs. It is true though that this is not an animal clinic so we don't have to help you."

"Doctor Song!" The staffs looked so relieved seeing him. He sent them an assuring smile and they bowed at him before going back inside.

"Are you a doctor?" The girl's meek voice made him looked at her. She was a mess, tears streaming down her face and her hair was untidy even though she put it into a ponytail. In other words she was distressed.

Daehan looked over into the car, a dog was lying down on its stomach on the back seat, whimpered helplessly.

"Can you help Saebomi?" Her voice cracked with emotion.

"No. I am not a vet." His firm reply almost made her bawled her eyes out again.

"But I know someone who can help you."

---

Daehan didn't let this girl drive the car alone. With her unstable condition, she would send them directly to the hospital but not to help the dog but as patients and he didn't want to take chance on that.

The girl was now sitting on the backseat, murmuring encouragements to the dog who was sleeping on her laps while rubbing the dog’s stomach in soothing manner.

He grabbed his bluetooth device and dialed a number from his phone.

“Oh, Seojun-ah. Are you at home now? – Great! I will be coming, wait for me.”

He drove along the road until he found an apartment not far from the hospital and parked her car there.

“Let’s go. This is my friend’s home. He might can help your dog.”

And Jion followed him wordlessly.

---

“Your dog has acute gastroenteritis.” Seojun said after examined Saebomi.

“Will she be okay, Dr. Lee?”

Daehan almost snorted at how the girl called Seojun, afterall he was his dear dongsaeng. But Seojun glared at him, making Daehan stopped snickering.

Seojun cleared his throat before answering, “She will be okay. But I advise you to take care of her diet for few days and come back here for further examination. I will give her some pain killers to help ease the pain.”

Seojun then left them alone in his living room to grab some medicine. The awkwardness between the two strangers was uncomfortable but the least that Jion could do was thanking this kind doctor for helping her.

“Thank you, Doctor. For helping Saebomi.”

“Nah, no worries.” Daehan shrugged off her apology, making her more uncomfortable.

“I am sorry for causing you so much trouble.”

“No, you aren’t. But it would be helpful if you can control your temper. Screaming to my staffs won’t change anything.”

“I am sorry.” She looked at her laps demurely, 180 degrees different than the crazy woman that Daehan had met earlier on.

“I know you are worried about Saebomi.” He patted her head awkwardly, marvelling at how smooth her locks was and withdrew his hand before opting to scratch his not so itchy head.

She didn’t know why but the way he patted her head somehow comforting and she leaned more into his touch before him withdrawing his hand and she caught herself before embarassing herself even further.

Seojun entered the living room and snickered to himself when he saw the couple sitting rather stiffly on the couch and red faced.

“Did you guys just make out in my couch?”

“NO!” “No.”

Both of them answered in the same time, making Seojun laughed even harder and both of them blushed even redder.

Seojun squatted to pat Saebom on her head and whispered to the dog, “Maybe you will get yourself a new owner after this, Saebom-ah.”

And he swore, he saw with his own eyes that Saebomi just snickered at him, her eyes glinted playfully.

---

“I will drive you back to the hospital, Doctor.”

“Daehan.”

“Huh?” She was in the middle of putting on her seat belt when the young doctor told her his name.

“My name is Song Daehan.” He emphasized without looking at her, busying himself with his phone.

“Oh. My name is Uhm Jion. Nice to meet you.”

She bowed rather awkwardly to the guy who was sitting beside her on the passenger’s seat as much as she could. She was raised to be a polite daughter and their first meeting was less than ideal so the least that she could do was to bow perfectly to him. She didn’t realize that she was sitting on the car and when she bowed to introduce herself, her nose hit the gear forcefully.

“Ouch.”

Daehan looked at the girl in concern, the sound of her bang her nose to the gear was awful and he found himself cringing at the sound.

“Are you ok?”

The girl made an O with her left thumb and index finger but he was not that heartless to let such an injured person to drive.

“Here, let me.”

He grabbed her face and started to examine her injury. The nose area was slightly red but there was no further injury.

He sighed in defeat, “Let’s change our seat. I will drive you home.”

---

Jion still couldn’t control her heartbeats. The moment he grabbed her face, she knew it was 100% professional, okay? But let a girl to dream, shall we? Her heartbeats started to race and she cursed herself for being so clumsy near this doctor.

She took a chance to look at Daehan who was driving her car again. It’s true though that a man would look more handsome when he was driving. She almost bang her head against the window for thinking such things. But she would admit that Song Daehan was handsome especially when he rolled his long shirt to his arm and those muscle there peaking through.

Ah, she would have a nosebleed thinking about that.

“Take a picture. It will last longe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter