1/3 Bad Boy Song Manse

Maps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main pairing : Song Manse and Choo Sarang

Prompt : He had one of those annoyingly perfect mouths that was part pout, part smirk.

 

“I need to do this, appa. You don’t understand.”

“You are right, I don’t understand.” Choo Sunghoon still stubbornly refused to let her go, making her frustrated. Sarang looked at her mom for support, but her mom shook her head weakly. When Choo Sunghoon says no, that means no.

“This is for my own good, appa. Staying in Tokyo makes it harder for me to forget it all.”

“Then you can stay with harabeoji and halmoni in Osaka, there is no need to go to Seoul.”

“But Osaka also a part of my memories with Yuto-kun and I think it’s better for me to go somewhere else where I can start the new chapter of my life.” Sunghoon stayed silent and Sarang took this as a chance to persuade her appa. “Besides, I’m moving to Seoul not some other countries. You can always visit me there.” She sent her best puppy eyes to her father and from his face’s expression, she knew she just won the argument. The classical method still worked just fine.

Choo Sunghoon may say no, but she is still his little daughter and he still can’t say no to her.

---

Her parents only agreed to let her go with one condition, that she would live near their (kind of) extended family in Seoul, the Song family.

Sarang briefly recalled her childhood days. Thanks to a Korean television’s family focused variety show for making her into a famous child celebrity. There was the time when they met the Song family. She vaguely remembered that she had spent time with the triplets during the time. It had been more than 20 years that she hadn’t meet them.

She toyed her passport with her fingers, feeling slightly anxious of what was waiting for her in Seoul. The plane took off and for the first time in her life, she was free from everything that weighed her down in Tokyo. And more especially, from Yuto.

---

“Yes, mom?” Beside him, Jung Junseo snickered. After sending glare at him, Song Manse slightly turned his back so he couldn’t really catch his conversation with his mom.

“Manse-ah, come home earlier tonight, ok? Help me to prepare dinner.” Manse frowned at his mom’s request. It’s rare for her to ask for help so there must be something happened.

“Is there any something special today?” He mentally recalled the date, no it’s not eomma or appa’s birthday or their wedding anniversary.

“We will be having a guest, tonight.” His mom was unusually cheery on the telephone.

“Who will be coming?”

“Choo Sarang, your ‘Sarangie nuna’.” He could even hear the teasing tone of his mom and mentally facepalmed himself. Your mom won’t forget the embarassing things you have said when you were little.

After telling him to inform Daehan and Minguk, she hung up making Manse sighed. Junseo snickered at him.

“Who’s coming?”

“Sarangie nuna. Choo Sarang.”

Junseo frowned, the name sounded familiar in his ear. “Ah, the daughter of Choo Sunghoon.”

“Oh, you knew?” Manse looked surprised at his co-owner.

“I was in that show way earlier than you, of course I remembered her. Her father is scary.” He shuddered as if remembering not some good memories with Choo Sunghoon.

---

Manse felt nervous, tapping his feet impatiently and glancing to the clock every now and then. His action didn’t go unnoticed by his mother but she smiled secretly to herself.

“Have you told Daehan and Minguk to have dinner at home?”

“Yes. Daehan mentioned he will be late since he will have surgery schedule at 5pm and Minguk, he will come directly after he finished the radio interview.”

The triplets chose different paths as they grew up. Daehan became a heart surgeon at the famous hospital while Minguk followed their father’s step in the entertainment industry, debuted as an idol from YG Entertainment. And himself, having loved food since he was little, he chose to enroll in a cooking academy, became a chef and now owned several chains of cafe and restaurant throughout South Korea.

“Do you remember Sarang, Manse?”

“I did. But I kind of forget her face. It’s been long time afterall.”

---

Sarang easily found Song Ilgook in the midst of people in the airport. He was holding a piece of cardboard with ‘Sarang-chan’ written in Japanese. She chuckled at herself, Ilgook samchon (uncle) still as attentive as ever.

“Samchon!”

“Sarang-chan?” He looked at her wide eyedly, scanning her appearance from head to toe. “You have grown into such a beautiful young woman.” He hugged her fondly and grabbed her suitcase. “Let’s go, we will be having dinner together tonight.”

---

Sarang nervously entered the building, she faintly recalled being here with her father almost 20 years ago during The Return of Superman era. And it didn’t change a little bit.

“Do you remember my home, Sarang?” Ilgook decided to break the silence.

“Honestly, not really samchon.” She admitted, earning a chuckle from her uncle.

“It’s been a while, huh? Don’t worry, you were really young back then. By the way, do you remember my children?”

“Yes. We still have Daehan, Minguk and Manse’s photographs when you visited us during Christmas.”

Ilgook’s eyes mellowed at the thoughts, “Ah really? It’s really a long time ago.”

“How are they, samchon?” She knew about Minguk. Well, his group was really famous in Japan. She even went with her friends to one of their concert but aside from him, she didn’t really know about Daehan and Manse.

Manse.

The younger guy who was really attentive to her. Following her everywhere she went and calling her ‘Sarangie nuna’ fondly.

“We are here.”

---

“Sarang-chan, welcome!” Seungyoon, the triplets’ mother cheerfully greeted her. She bowed awkwardly before being engulfed by the warm hug by the woman.

“Hello, imonim.(auntie)”

“You are really pretty, Sarang-chan. You resemble Shiho-san so much.” Her auntie looked at her face fondly. Somehow, even though they didn’t communicate much after leaving The Return of Superman years ago, the mothers had found ways to keep in touch with each other.

“Let’s go in. Has the dinner done yet?” Ilgook fondly kissed his wife’s cheeks, making Sarang blushed and diverted her eyes from the intimate moment of the husband and wife.

“Almost. Manse is helping me.”

Manse. Sarang tried to ignore the uneasy feeling stirred in her belly upon hearing his name.

---

At first it was really awkward.

Both of them didn’t know what to do or what to say, just bowed at each other several times awkwardly when Ilgook introduced them to each other.

Manse that was standing in front of her was not Manse that she knew few years ago. Gone was the boy who trai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter