2.☁

Roses for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bom ah…” A low whisper dragged me out of sleep. I opened my eyes; my sight was blurred for a few seconds until it quickly adjusted to my surroundings. My bed was a few meters away, while my face was lying on my laptop’s keyboard.

            “Wow, you have actually managed to sleep sitting in front of a desk.” My door was swung opened, and there my best friend, Sandara Park stood; smiling playfully at me.

            “What time is it? Ow—” I exclaimed rubbing my neck after I got my face off the keyboard. How I managed to sleep in such uncomfortable position, I had no idea. Truth is, I couldn’t even remember falling asleep in the first place.

            “Let’s see…” She glanced at her right arm, checking her wristwatch. “It’s 8:15am, that means you only have five minutes to get ready and rub out the letters marked on your skin.”

            I groaned and quickly moved to my closet. My first class was Cells, Tissues & organs, which meant I wouldn’t have time for breakfast nor any corn bread.

            Medical school was tough and took a lot of my time, but it was worth it.   

            The walk to the medical department was silent, which was odd; Ssantokki usually attacked me with her girly blabbing about my aforementioned non-existent love life. I was more of a loner if you haven’t noticed.

            I watched over my shoulder the portion of land bordered on three sides by a thick forest of oaks. It was then I remembered him.

            LuHan…      

            I couldn’t help wonder what he was doing right now. Was he awake? Why was I thinking about him this early in the morning anyway? He was just some random boy I met a week ago in the cemetery. Though he intrigued me, I couldn’t deny it.

            “Hey, Bom ah, look!”

            I glanced up from my cell phone, curious to see what Ssantokki was so excited about. My eyes slid past her petite figure, latching on to the gates of the nursing building. Nevertheless I didn’t clearly see what the fuss was all about. I mean, I was running late for Mr. Kim class. “I don’t see anything.”

            “Look closer!” She huffed and leveled me with a glare.

            I gazed out at the same place again, trying to find the source of my friend’s outburst. A few groups of people were chatting as they made their way to the building. I also saw the sly faces of the stupid frat boys who’d forced me to be part of that stupid ritual. However nothing really stood out. “Nope, nothing.” I replied finally, shaking my head.    

            Dara rolled her eyes, turning her attention back to the gates of the old building. I sighed, following her gaze. She was starting towards the medical school’s entrance, her eyes blazing with admiration. I squinted. I couldn’t imagine what the heck could be so absorbing.

            And then my eyes landed on a specific figure.

            I didn’t even blink. The boy of sparkly eyes was in the middle of the courtyard, surrounded by people, and putting on a kind smile for the ladies around him. Tch.

            I looked back at my friend who was practically drooling as she started, seeming as if she was going to faint. This was ridiculous. Hadn’t people seen a guy with gold locks of hair and sparkling chocolate eyes before? By the looks of the fan girls around him, apparently not.

            The sad thing was: LuHan didn’t even look like he noticed half of the girls staring at him. He crossed through the courtyard at ease, trotting across the pathway and onto the faculty of medicine’s grounds without a care in the world.

            “Here he comes!” Ssantokki cried, her little hands curled into fists as she held them against the bottom of .

            Moron.

            “He’s going to hear you.” I warned.

            Dara studiously ignored me and murmured, “Oh, he is some fine man, it should be against the laws of nature for something that beautiful to exist.”

            I rolled my eyes. So drama queen. I spun around, plucking my books up, holding them protectively to my chest.

            A few minutes later I trudged into the laboratory of human anatomy, my first period of the day, which was adorned with posters describing the various components of the reproductive system. There was also a long picture illustrating the various changes a fetus undergoes while in the womb. Something it tends to distract me while waiting for class to start.

            A scuffle at the front of the room made me look up. The girls started to whisper. When Mr. Kim, our professor, stepped away from the door, my heart sank. Standing there was LuHan himself.

            Mr. Kim pointed LuHan to the only empty desk in the room, which was—of course, right next to me. Everyone in the class stared as LuHan started down the aisle, he glowed like a ray of sunshine in a thunderstone. Yuri kwon even snapped a quick picture of him with her iPhone. “He’s so hot!” Tiffany Hwang hissed. 

            I pursed my lips as LuHan plopped into the seat.

            He noticed me and brightened. “Hi, it’s nice meeting you again.”

            “H-hey,” I stammered and opened my book to a random page and pretended to read a passage on sense organs.

            “You look quite different now the veil is gone.” He chuckled, leaning back in his chair. I eyed him, curious. Was that a compliment or an insult?    

            Tiffany twisted around and gave LuHan a huge eye-smile. “I’m Tiffany Hwang.” She extended her hand over her shinny reddish-pink tote over the chair.

            “Xi LuHan.” He shook it.

            “Is this your first day?” She looked him up down as though testing to see if he looked at her any differently. He didn’t.

            “Yes.” LuHan replied, not giving her any further information.

            Tiffany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter