2/2

Broken

After walking for two blocks from the playground, the son and the mother arrives at Baekhyun’s apartment. Yeah, a little over one year ago, Byun Baekhyun officially became Mrs.Park and she moved out with Chanyeol, her husband, leaving the apartment in Kyungsoo’s hand. At first, Kyungsoo tried to refuse her friend’s help, but Byun Baekhyun is never easy to deal with so in the end, Baekhyun won the argument and Kyungsoo had to stay in the apartment.  

Kyungsoo reaches into her pocket to take the key, it’s rather difficult to put it into the lock because her hands are shaking, but she can manage. Simple, yet a very clean apartment greats them.

“Sehun-ah, go put your coat into your cupboard. Mom will make you a hot choco.” Sehun nods in response and he runs to his room where his cupboards be.

Kyungsoo makes her way to the kitchen. She pours a fair amount of water into the blue kettle and wait until it’s ready. She recalls that her mother too, always made her a cup of hot choco during winter time like this and her father would always accompany her playing with snow. She miss her parents so bad but what can she do? God loves them more than she is.

“Mom,it’s making a noise. Is the kettle sick?” Sehun breaks her reverie with his curiousity.

Kyungsoo turns her attention towards her son, “Ah, no, Sehun-ah. The kettle isn’t sick. It just tells us that the hot water is ready.” She smiles at him. She then pours the hot water into Sehun’s pororo mug and drops a few chocolate powder and stirs it. After she makes sure that it’s not too hot, she gives the pororo mug to her son.

Sehun being a chocolate lovers he is, receives his mug with a big smile on his face. He sips his hot chocolate and he feels warm.

 


 

Jongin’s life was never been easy after leaving Kyungsoo behind. His parents knew what he did to Kyungsoo. They’re really dissapointed for what he did, never they taught him to be that coward and irresponsible. Couldn’t face his parents faces anymore, he ran away and started to live on his own. He tried to amend his mistakes by changing his behaviour to a better direction. He started to leave all the bad things that he used to do. He met a good guy who teach him how to do business and he started his own company after he’s sure with his own business skills. Long short story, Kim Jongin is reborn as a better man.

Now, the new Kim Jongin has one resolution in his life, to get Kyungsoo’s forgiveness. So he hired a private detective to know Kyungsoo’s whereabouts. From him, he knows that Kyungsoo now lives with her – their – son in Byun Baekhyun’s apartment. Lucky for him, their apartment is only a few blocks away from his residence.

It’s a fine day today and Jongin just want to feel a fresh air so he decided to walk around his neighborhood. The park near his neighborhood is his destination. And God is with him today.When he reached the park, never crossed his mind that he would see her again after all this time. He halted his pace and decided to hide behind the pine tree.

 

‘Kyungsoo ya, is that you? Is that my son? You did great raising him. I’m sorry.’

 


 

A loud door bell can be heard from the kitchen, Do Kyungsoo is confused. She doesn’t have any appointment with anybody today but maybe it’s just a postman.

“Sehun-ah, wait here okay?” Kyungsoo ask him to stay.

“Okay mom.” Sehun continue sipping his hot chocolate after giving his mom his anwer.

Kyungsoo then leave the kitchen to see who is their guest. She opens the door and what a great shock she receives. A man from her past,with a tanned skin and brown soft hair looking as dazzling as ever be, still have the same aura but much softer and not to mention, a tired and hopeful smile.

“Kyungsoo-ah. I’m sorry.”

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

I think i will leave it as an open ending. i know i'm doomed and i'm sorry that i dissapoint you. I lost my inspiration to write and i feel like a crap. I might considering to stop writing and be a good reader from now on (or maybe i'll just take a super long hiatus, who knows?). To anyone who subscribed and upvoted 'Broken', thank you so much and i'm sorry that you have to deal with this trash story. Till then, goodbye.