1/2

Broken

It’s  during the winter time eight years ago when they first met at this exact same neighborhood park. The only difference is eight years ago this place was very secluded. Now she’s standing here right at the same place also during the winter time. She’s wearing a beautiful beige scarf around her neck and chocolate cream jumper to keep her body warm. Oh, she’s not alone. Her 4 years son is also around,with his little hands covered by a pair of blue gloves he’s trying hard to build a snowman. She’s keeping her distance not too far from Sehun and keep her eyes on her son. Watching Sehun like this always makes her heart flutters.

“Mom, look! This is Jack and he’s Sehunnie’s friend now!” Sehun shouts loudly to gain his mother’s attention. He wants to brag that he is capable of making a snowman alone. She gives her son a warm smile and raises her two thumbs up to show Sehun that she’s proud of him.

Eight years ago, she never thought that she would ended up like this. Being a single mother to her only son at the age of 25. But she never regret it. She never regret loving a heartbreaker like Kim Jongin. Her heart is content enough having Sehun by her side.

 

 

Seventeen years old Do Kyungsoo was once a school sweetheart. She’s exceptionally beautiful and kind. The only flaw that she had was her boyfriend that time. She met Kim Jongin on winter break when he’s beaten by the other guy in the secluded school corner and she saved him. She never asked why he got beaten so bad but everyone else knew why. From that time, Kim Jongin never once leave her side, he always seek her and times did wonder. They became a couple after 3 months and ofcourse,everyone questioned her choice. Why on earth a goddess like Do Kyungsoo could falling in love with a troublemaker - and not to mention, a playboy - like Kim Jongin? It’s like an open secret that Kim Jongin was never stick with one lover. He always left his trace from one girl to another so that’s why he often got beaten. But Do Kyungsoo wasn’t the one listen to the whispers of her peers. She’s just beyond head over heels for Kim Jongin. She believed that Kim Jongin trully loves her.

 

“Kyungsoo-ya, can you please open your eyes? He’s not good for you. I’m afraid the only thing than he can do is hurting you. Please listen to me for once.” Her close friend, Byun Baekhyun once tried to console her when she broke down for the first time after seeing her lover did something indecent in their shared apartment.

“But i love him so much, Baekhyun-ah. I can leave him,i....i need him. I believe he’s just made a mistake. I know he loves me.” She tried to argue.

Baekhyun could only sigh, “Fine. If you need me, i’ll always be right on your side.”

 

The second time she let her tears flew was on January 12th. It’s supposed to be a cheerful day considering it was her birthday. She was hoping that maybe, maybe this time Kim Jongin remember. She waited and waited alone at their apartment only to receive a short text message from a man whom she waited for so long.

I am out with my friends. Don’t wait for me.

With that, she began to clear everything that she prepared for her birthday and went to sleep to chase away her sadness. She was still believed that Kim Jongin loves her.

 

It’s 14th of January that she thought everything will come to a piece. Kim Jongin went home and he peppered her with light kisses. Kyungsoo made a super delicious kimchi spaghetti that night to celebrate Kim Jongin’s birthday. Eventhough her lover forgot her birthday, she’s happy enough she could spend Jongin’s birthday together.

“Where is my present?” Kim Jongin asked her after their finished their meals.

Truth to be told that for the pass week, she’s been busy with her musical club’s project that she forgot to buy present for him. She thought that cooking him his favorite dish would make him content. But boy, she’s so wrong.

“Jongin, uhm, i’m sorry. I didn’t have a time to buy it for you. You know my musical project ri-“

“It’s okay,” He cut her words and slowly walked towards Kyungsoo,”You didn’t have to buy it. In fact, you can just give me what you have.”

His words made her mind went blank.

“Eh?”

“Don’t play dumb. You know what i mean. Unless, you’re never loves me.” He smirked and hugged Kyungsoo tightly.

Kyungsoo’s brain began to digest Jongin’s words. It’s okay, Kyungsoo. He loves you and you love him.

That night, on January 14th, she lost everything that makes her pure. She’s no longer a .

 

Two red stripes.

That two red stripes should have make her happy. But instead of happiness, all she got was a slap on her cheek.

“You! I never raised you to be a such a disgrace! I let you have your own space and give you that apartment so that you can be independent not having a boy stay with you and make you like......like this!” her father shouted in front of her face after she broke the news. Her mother only sobbed behind his back.

“Father...i’m so sorry, i didn’t mean to..” Kyungsoo tried to give her excuse while holding back her tears.

“You didn’t mean to?! Where is he?! At least he should be responsible for making you like this!”

Kyungsoo couldn’t hold it any longer and broke down. That night, she showed the pregnancy tool with two red stripes on it. He only stared her and went out leaving Kyungsoo alone at their shared – Kyungsoo’s- apatment. Kim Jongin left her as soon as she told her that she’s pregnant with his child.

“Kyungsoo-ah, i will never forgive you for what did you do. But you’re still my daughter, let’s raise your baby together. Don’t cry.” Her father didn’t have a heart to see his only daughter broke down like that. He sweared in his heart that he will never ever let anyone hurts his daughter again.

 

During the first three months, she was struggling to maintain her pregnancy. She’s been craving a lot of foods like chocolate bubble teas and sushis. Her parents and her close friends were the only one who stood beside her giving Kyungsoo a support that she needs.

“Kyungsoo-ah, here’s your bubble tea. Chocolate, right?” Baekhyun visited her house - she left the apartment and moved back to her parents’ house – and brought her what she’s been craving for.

“Yeees! Thank you, thank you thank you, you’re my lifesaver!” she replied and happily accept her sweet treat.

“Nah, it’s not a big deal, i’ve told you that i’ll be right on your side, right?”

Hearing those exact words like a couple months ago made her sobbing hard and forgot her bubble tea for a second. Maybe it’s because the hormones.

“There, there, don’t cry anymore. Look! You forgot your bubble tea, i’m sure the baby will be sad. Smile!” Baekhyun tried to coax her.

“Ah..yeah, i don’t want to make the baby sad. Mom is sorry, baby.” She let her cries subside and Baekhyun smiled after her success to make her friend’s mood back on top again.

 

Seven months into the pregnancy, it’s been revealed that the gender of the baby was a boy. Kyungsoo was beyond happy to hear the news. Her parents were happy as well. They wanted their grandchild to be exactly like their daughter. Beautiful, kind and smart. They hoped that he wouldn’t have a single trace of his father’s traits. But secretly, Kyungsoo was hoping that her son would inherit at least one of Jongin’s trait. His smoky chesnut brown colored eyes. She asked her doctor to print three of the sonography result. One for her, one for her parents and one for Byun Baekhyun, her son’s foster mother. She then wrapped the photograph with a peach colored gift wrapper and she gave it personally to her bestfriend.

“Baekhyun ah, i have something for you.” She told Baekhyun all smiling.

“What is it, Kyungsoo? Are you giving me something wonderful? A house maybe? Tehehe.” Baekhyun joked around and giggling madly.

Kyungsoo was never failed to laugh hearing her friend’s antics.

“Ya! I’m not that rich. Here, open it.” Said Kyungsoo while giving out her present. Park Chanyeol who stood behind Baekhyun, took a peek when Baekhyun tried to unwrap the present. Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol was engaged after they finished their school. Such a happy couple and a happy life.

When Baekhyun finally unwrapped it, she let out a squeal. “Oh my god! Is this your baby? It’s so big! I can see his head and oh my god! I think he’s going to be wonderfully amazingly handsome!”

“Kyungsoo-ssi, can i be his foster father?” Asked Chanyeol after he saw the photograph while smiling widely just like his girlfriend.

Flabbergasted by a sudden request from her bestfriend’s boyfriend, she could only nod in reflex.

“YEAAAY! That makes us, his foster parents!” Baekhyun then screamed excitedly.

“If you don’t mind, ofcourse, Chanyeol-ssi.” At last, Kyungsoo could speak her consent. She’s so grateful that his baby will have many people that loves him sincerely.

 

 

“Mom! Can we take Jack with us? Sehunnie don’t want him to be lonely..” Sehun breaks her reverie.

“Ah, i’m sorry sweetheart, we can’t take Jack with us,” She tried to answer Sehun carefully not to break his heart. She’s pointing at the two birds around the snowman, “Look,I think Jack will be happy in here with his new friends.”

Sehun follow her mother’s sight and indeed he saw those two birds who – in his head – playing happily with Jack. “Alright mom, he has 2 friends now. Sehunnie not worried anymore.”

Kyungsoo pats her son’s head and fix his jacket. “Now, do you want a hot chocolate?”

“Hot choco! Hot choco! Sehunnie wants hot choco! Come on mom!” He takes her mothe''’s hands eagerly after hearing the chocolate word.

“Calm down, little boy. Let’s go back to Auntie Baekkie’s house and mom will make you a delicious hot chocolate.” Kyungsoo smiles at Sehun’s eagerness and walks with him toward her still bestfriend’s house.

 

The two of them never aware that someone was watching them from a far.

Kyungsoo ya. Is that my son? I'm sorry.

 


Author's Note :

Hello there! I'm really sorry for many mistakes that i made (ehm, grammatical errors). Please enjoy this (trashy) story and sorry if you think the timeslip annoying. If there's is any similiar character or storyline, it's purely coincidental. I think i'll break this story into 2 parts. I'm open for any critics and comments so please don't hesitate to leave some. Until then, bye! :)

P.S : thanks for subscribing and upvoting Broken! i really appreciate it :)

P.S.S : I swear i'll try to update Lady in The Court once i regain my inspiration hehehe.