Guide Who's a Handfull

Pizza was My Pickup Line

Seulgi POV

BEEP!

BEEP!

"Watch where you're going!!" A man yells through his window and speeds off, honking at other innocent drivers.

"What's his problem? I'm obeying the law here!" I glare at the black vehicle. "Someone's in a bad mood..." I look over to my right and sign to move into the next lane. I double check the GPS and wonder how much more longer do I have to drive.

"Turn right on Dong Shin Road and continue straight into Han Sun." The voice over gave directions. I never been this far before. There's more and more buildings now that I'm peeking through my side window. Actually, there's a lot of name brands around this area. "Miss Customer decided to get delivery from a middle class pizzeria instead of going to a high class restaurant?" I question aloud. "She's either really lazy or totally broke~" I smile. 

"Turn left onto Jang Su Way, 6 minutes left until destination."

"Why thank you GPS, like I don't see the apartment right there." Pulling over the car, I lean back into the hundred year old seat and turn off the engine. The red and white dice swing from the window shield mirror and the smell of pizza starts to become more noticeable in the car. I glance out the window and scan the area. 

The streets are clean with no hint of litter to be found anywhere. The sidewalks are a light grey with specks of glitter found here and there. There's a couple of trees with light fencing too. "Not bad, not bad at all actually".

I get out of the car and come around to the passenger side in the back. I struggle getting the pizza out but I managed.  I locked the car and turn around. 


 

3rd POV

Seulgi looks over the apartment complex and whistles, "when you have money, you live large, don't you". The apartment to say the least was modern. Mono colors of white, grey, and black covered the walls and stainless metal railings fenced the compound. The multiple glass windows where gleaming with a sharp shine while fresh curtains blocked the view to the inside. 

"Out of all the things she could eat, she wanted pizza..." Seulgi scratches the back of her head, "well I don't blame her, she human too~". The bear laughed and starts up the stairs to the apartment. 

She came to the entrance and noticed it was automatic. Well that's what it looked like. She stood in front of the glass door and waited for it to open, but nothing happened. Seulgi leaned towards the door and covers her face from the sun to be able to look inside. "No ones in there... Not even the land lord." She walks back and forth to see if she could get a better view inside the entrance. The bear knocked on the glass, "hello~?". 

Silence.

"Hellooo~?"

Silence.

"Is anyone in ther-"

"HEY THERE~!!"

"OH MY GOD!" Seulgi jumps and almost drops the pizza in the process. She spins around and see no one behind her. She searches from side to side, mentally cursing at the voice.

"Down here young lady"

"Huh?" She looks down and comes to face a elderly woman who barely reaches her chest. "Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to- I mean I didn't realize that you were there... Well uh because you're-"

"Dear please," the elderly woman waves her hand in a dismissing manner, "I know I'm short, don't worry about that". The woman smiles at the flustered pizza girl and pipes in again. "Now that that's settled, what so you think your doing? Did you forget your pass code or something?".

Seugli comes back to reality, "no no, I don't live here-"

"Visiting someone?"

"Sorta?"

"Why don't you call them, that way they can open the door for you?"

"I can't really call them..."

"Are you visiting someone who doesn't want to see you?"


 

Seulgi POV

Well damn, ask questions like I committed a crime. I stare at the woman with an awkward smile. " no, I'm just here to deliver some pizza", I point at the pizza box in my hand and let her take in the information.

"Oh! You're a delivery girl!!" She clasp her hands together and smiles with her eyes closed.

My sweat drops and I mentally faceplant. This is one interesting elderly lady. "Yah, I'm here to deliver to... to.... what was her address again?" shoot, this isn't going as smoothly as I hoped. I totally forgot Miss Customer's address! 

"You forgot her address?"

I look down to the woman, "uh... Yah I think I did...". How embarrassing.

"Wow! For a delivery girl, you sure are forgetful~!"

MENTAL KNOCKOUT

I lower my head in embarrassment. She didn't have to say it like that... I pout and feel my soul drifting out of my body. Goodbye world- 

"Snap out of it."

"Oww!" I lift me head and rub my forehead. "Did...did you just hit me? With your cane??"

"Yes I did, kids this days, can't even have a conversation without them being all sensitive" she huffs.

"Sorry."

She looks over to me and smirks, "don't worry about it" she walks over to me and tries patting my head. There goes my hair. "Tell you what" I glance at her, "I'll let you in and help you find the room you're looking for".

"Chincha?!" I stare at her in shock.

"Yup, but there's a catch"

Dang she's good, "what's the catch?"

"I get a free pizza when my grand kids come over." She states her offer in a serious voice and holds out her hand.

She's serious but that, that is seriously cute~ I bear smile at her and shake her hand, "deal!" 

"Now we're getting somewhere~", we laugh and I follow her to the keypad. She punches in her pass code and the glass door besides us opens. We walk through and stop at the reception table.

"Ok missy, do you remember anything about her address?"

I think and think and think...

"I remember the numbers 14... 7.... And I think 6... No wait, 4, it's 4."

"That's it?"

"Yup"

I see her sigh and message her temples, "you are a handful aren't you"

And so are you. But there's no was I'm telling her that. 

"Ok, pizza girl, follow me" she walks away and I jog after her. We come into view of a map of some sort. "This" she points, "is the map of the apartment complex" I nod as I listen to her words. "From what I'm guessing from what you told me, " she arches her thin eye brows at me, as if she's judging me for my lack of memory, "that the girl you're looking for is on the 4th floor of any of the 16 buildings here".

"You got to be kidding me..."

"I'm not" my shoulders droop at her statement but I keep on listening. "Now the only problem here is that we got two options to go with. Go to building 7 and knock on room 14, or go to building 14 and knock on room 7".

"Which one do you want to go to?"

"Why are you asking me? You're the one who's delivering the pizza." She pops out a hip and judges me again. This is one sassy lady. 

I go to the map on the wall and search for the buildings. The set up was pretty organized. The compounds were sectioned off into 8 pairs. A group of 4 made a line and then there were another line behind that. "Let's go to building 7"

"You just want to go there because it's closer"

"You caught me" I laugh and shrug at my laziness. We exit the main building and walk along the sidewalk towards the apartment buildings, apartment number 7 to be exact.

She laughs with me and shakes her head, "you are something".

"I can say the same for you~"

"I like you kid, what's your name?"

"Kang Seulgi" I smile genuinely at her.

"You know, you look a lot like a bear, in a good way though"

I giggle at her findings and scratch the nap of my neck, "my friends gave me the nickname bear actually, so it's normal I get comments like that~". I tilt my head over to her, "what's your name?".

"You can call me halmoni, but if anyone ask, it's Lee Sunmi"

"You have a pretty name~" I comment honestly. I mean it really is pretty, so feminine, unlike mine.

Halmoni burst out laughing, "it sounds pretty but it doesn't fit me at all!" she confesses, "I always hanged out with boys and was a big troublemaker when I was around your age". I hear the dreaming of reminiscence in her voice. It was slightly raspy yet it was warm. 

"There it is" she points out a building that was marked with a big o' 7. We're finally here and it's, I check my watch, 10:30. "Go on".

"Wha?"

"You're going to deliver the pizza right?" she nods to the box in my hands and then looks at me expectantly.

"You're not coming with me?"

"No, I'm not your babysitter, am I?"

"But Halmoni~ Ddeulgi wants chu to come~"

..................

"WHAT HAVE I DONE!!" I pop a squat and cover my face with horror. I just... I just did aegyo. No, this can't be happening! I overhear Halmoni laughing and gasping for air. 

"Seul-seulgi-ah!!" She was having the time of her life wasn't she. I burry my face into my hands and wish I wasn't alive. She stops laughing at me and I feel her patting my head, "oh come on dear, it's not that bad".

"Not that bad means that it was still bad" I mutter. 

"It was adorable, I consider you a rare breed!"

I give her the WTF face.

"What I mean is that girls these days can't even do aegyo without having your fingers turn into chicken feet (this means curling your fingers because you can't stand it) and have you gagging!" she makes a firlivolous face. 

I blush, nodding to Halmoni's explanation, "so... uh.. can you come with me?" 

"Fine fine, I'll go with you" she grabs my wrist and drags me with her. 


 

3rd POV

They enter the building, looking like a grandparent dragging their grandkid against their will. The duo stop at a fork. To go up the stairs, THE 4 FLIGHT OF STAIRS, or the elevator.

"So the elevator it is-"

"It's broken."

Seulgi's face dropped and saw that the elevator was blocked out with bright neon caution tape. She slowly turned to face the entrance of the stairs and peeks down to Halmoni.

"Looks like we're going up the stairs~" she smiles all cheeky. 

"How? It's 4 flights of stairs! It's going to take forever~" Seulgi whines and points accusingly at the steps.

"Well we don't have a choice. C'mon you big baby, the more we stall the more that pizza's going to get cold"

And there she goes, leaving Seulgi behind, walking with her cane at hand. 

"Wait up! What about you?? It's going to be hard going up those steps"

Halmoni looks back, already half way up the first flight. "You think I can't walk this? I have you know that in my day I was one of the most athletic people in my grade~" Halmoni states matter-a-factly, "now come up or be dragged up".

She goes off again with a competitive air dancing around her. Seulgi grins with a roll to her eyes, and follows Halmoni up the numerous steps the build had to offer.

2 minutes later

"Why in the world would you live in the 4th floor? I mean what's the use??"

3 minutes later

"There's a nice view but I rather takes the comforts of a short walk than a exercise every morning"

1 minute later

"Do you know why rich people like living on, like, the highest floor? Because I can't seem to get it..."

2 minutes later

"Hey Halmoni, what's wit-" PAK!

"OWW!"

"Pizza girl, you talk to much"

"I gave you my name, why are you still calling me pizza girl?" the elf eared girl asked rubbing the back of her head.

"Because it suit you more than your own name"

..... Sass, she has so much sass.

Finally the pair make it up the stairs and hit the 4th floor. With pizza box in hand, Seulgi walks counting the doors and reaching their destination.


 

Seulgi POV

"Well go on, knock on it" Halmoni nudges my with the curve of her cane. Hold up, I gotta make sure I look decent enough. I comb my fingers through my hair and fixed my shirt. 

KNOCK
KNOCK
KNOCK

Wait... "Halmoni I'm not ready, why'd you knock?"

She shakes her head, "it's just a delivery Seulgi, relax and just give the poor girl her food"

I hear footsteps coming closer to the door, I did a final check on my outfit from my jacket to the bottom of shoes. Wha....

"Hey Halmoni, I remembered something"

"What is it now?"

I look at her, "there's suppose to be a bear statue next to the door... But where is-"

CREEEEAAAAAKKK

And the door opens to...