❡The Dress

Thinking Out Loud

Story Title: The Dress.
Characters: Song Minho (m), Bae Joohyun (m),
Nam Joohyuk (s), Kim Namjoo (s),
Kim Taeyeon (s), Red Velvet (s),
iKON (s), 
WINNER (s), others.

Genre: fluff, highschool!au (senior year).
Length: 
6K+
Plot: In which Irene decides to go shopping for some new spring/summer 
outfits and her boyfriend Mino seems to be either colorblind or crazy.

[Good morning, sunshine.]received 5:00AM
Joohyun, or better known as Irene, sighed dreamily after reading the wake up text, sent by her boyfriend. A small smile formed by her lips, wondering why Mino was up already knowing that he surely was not an early bird. She laid in bed for a couple of minutes. It has been about four months since they started dating, right before the Christmas holidays started. Honestly, they've known each other's existence for quite some while, and have been friends ever since they were sophomores. But never could one of them take a step forwards, even when it was painfully obvious how much of an interest these two took in each other. Luckily for them, their friends cared enough to set something up for them. 
‘It's now or never, guys! It's your last year of high school, we've suffered long enough watching the two of you having something going on without actually taking steps to make progress. Our summer vacation will start early this year, since we're seniors, so please enjoy the time you've got left with each other the most.’ She recalled what one of her best friends, Wendy, had told her. And she was right. There really had been going something on for such a long time, so long that Irene got comfortable with it. But she can't deny how happy she felt when they finally started dating, and she can't deny how happy she still feels to date him.

Her thoughts got interrupted by the sound of her mother calling her name, behind the door, knocking,

“Joohyun, dear, are you asleep?” she heard. Irene sighed and got out of bed, lazily walking over to the door to open it, “I'm awake mother, I was just a little lost in thoughts.” she explained after facing her mother. “You're early today, seems like I didn't have to come and knock on your door.” Irene saw the surprised look on her mother's face which soon vanished and turned into a smile. Mrs. Bae told her daughter to get ready quickly and go to school early, to study or something, and then excused herself to pick up her ringing cell phone. Of course, it being early April right now meant that her final examinations were just about more than a month away. It stressed her out from time to time, and she was not very confident. But Mino always told her that she would make it through, that he's sure that someone with a brain like Irene's could pass the exam with their eyes closed. Things like these made Irene adore Mino even more. Because Irene indeed is very smart, and she has been student vice-president in all her years of middle school, and again since the second year of high school. Irene liked having the responsibility of doing something better, not only for her but others as well. And despite being this smart, Irene still never found confidence. She was always scared of the next minute, that perhaps that might be the moment someone snapped her bubble, that she'll lose everything she aimed for up until then. Luckily, it never actually happened and she would score one of the highest between the students, like always. It bothered a lot of fellow classmates and friends, her constant nagging about how she probably will fail her test this time, but Mino found it rather cute. And Irene really appreciated it.

After getting ready, Irene rushed down to eat breakfast, but to her surprise, there was no breakfast to be found. Instead, she found a letter:

‘Good morning, again, my children. Your father is gone to work in his office, like every other day. I apologize for not being able to make you guys a meal to eat before heading to school, but I got an emergency call about a patient who is in the need of a very long and heavy surgery, it's this or die. I left some money in the envelop on the table. Joohyun, I count on you that you're taking your brother and sister to school. Joohyuk, Namjoo, you two better behave and listen to your sister well. I'll see you guys tonight. Have fun at school!’

As if right on queue, Irene's younger siblings came downstairs ready for school. Bae Joohyuk, more often called Ethan, currently a sophomore in the same high school as Irene. Bae Namjoo, known outside of the household by her English name Ivory (Ivy), in her last year of middle school. Irene, of course, adored her siblings. But hell, they could be annoying. “Good morning Irene!” Joohyuk greeted her and skipped past her ready to eat some breakfast. The letter was still in Irene's hands and she could sense the confused look on her younger brother's face. “How many times do I have to tell you it's Irene NOONA for you to say. Also, mom has another surgery to attend, in her letter she stated that it's a heavy, life risking one.” She shook her head and handed the letter over too Joohyuk. “Yeah, yeah, whatever. It's awkward to call you with Korean formalities outside of the house and I guess I kind of got used to calling you just Irene. When was the last time that I called you by your Korean name? Wait, what even is your Korean name?” Irene rolled her eyes at her brother who kept on blabbering. It's a good thing that her mother made her get ready quickly, at least she won't be in a hurry because of her conversation with her siblings. “Oh, shut up. Back to business, what are we going to eat?” Namjoo asked. “Mom has left some money, and luckily we're all up early today, how blessed we must be.” Irene said with a hint of sarcasm, even though she knew they really were. “Let's go to the Mc Donalds!”
“What the , no! Who eats hamburgers and fries as breakfast?” 

“Watch your language, young lady.” Irene warned Namjoo. “Look who's talking,” Joohyuk snorted and started to 'act' like his sister, ‘, Mino oh my god!’ Irene could hear both her siblings cackle, “I have NEVER said such a thing!” 

“Of course you haven't.” Joohyuk rolled his eyes and grabbed the envelop out of a blushing Irene's grip. 

“Give that back, you little piece of !” She tried to get it, but failed. Dammit, height. When did Ethan grow this tall? Puberty sure does wonders, why did it have no effect on Irene's height?! She pouted at the thought of it. 

“Jesus Christ, just give it back and take us to eat, I'm starving.” Namjoo said and put her shoes on. Irene sighed, “Mom took the car with her, it's just a few minutes past 6:30AM, school won't start until 8:30.” Irene said, putting on her jacket. “So? I'm hungry.” Joohyuk said lazily and walked over to the two ladies. “Why don't you ask your little boy toy to give us a ride?” Namjoo asked, wiggling her eyebrows. A pink color spread over Irene's pale cheeks, which made Joohyuk gag a little. “Cut the crap, Ethan.” Namjoo hit her brother's head. Irene did call Mino, who was more than glad to give them a ride.

It didn't even take ten minutes for Mino to arrive at their house. It was still a bit dark outside, but he could see the sun shining already. With the weather getting warmer and the days longer, it only made sense. Mino walked towards the front door and knocked. He was wearing a denim shirt, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He left his jacket in the car. 

Irene heard a knock on the door and rushed towards it to open it and face her lover. She peeked in the hole of the door and smiled brightly at the sight of Mino. Once she opened the door, she was greeted by a soft smile belonging to Mino who's arms were wide open signaling for Irene to hug him, which she did. 

Again, Joohyuk gagged.

“Good morning, Ethan, Ivy.” Mino waved at them and then moved over to pat Namjoo on her head. “You stop that right now.” Namjoo warned him, which scared Mino a little. “God, you're lucky your boyfriend is hot.” Namjoo told Irene which made Mino face Irene again, this time with a cheeky grin. Irene shook her head a little disgusted to hear these words out of the mouth of her fourteen year old sister, “Let's get going.” she said and walked out of the door followed by the others. Once they stood in front of the car, Mino unlocked it and held the door open for Irene who stepped in. The other two sat down on the back seats. Mino was the last one to get in, “Put this on your lap, you're wearing a skirt.” he placed his jacket on Irene's lap.

A wild gagging Joohyuk appeared in the story.

Mino chuckled and started the car. They were having a small conversation, about school, about home, about themselves. It was pretty comfortable and none of them felt awkward.

“Oh, by the way,” Mino said all of sudden, “You look gorgeous, babe.” Mino put his right hand on Irene's left knee, greeted by Irene's hand soon on top of his. Irene looked at him shyly and muttered a small thank you. 

“You guys are disgusting.” Joohyuk grimaced.

“Go tell that to your little friends. Don't think that I don't notice them taking meaningful glances at your sister and her friends.” Mino said, it made the two girls giggle. 

Soon enough, they arrived at a breakfast restaurant. They took a seat and ordered their food, which they started to eat once it was delivered at their table. “How many classes have you got today?” Mino turned to face Irene who took a sip of her water. “Hmm.. I start at 9:30 today, and all other classes except for the first and second one got canceled.” Mino nodded. “It's s unfair that you barely got any classes to attend just because you're graduating soon.” Joohyuk exclaimed, clearly annoyed. “You sure do complain a lot.” Mino laughed. 

They finished eating in no time. Mino stopped his car in front of Namjoo's middle school and she waved them goodbye. “Call me if you're heading back home, Ivy!” Irene yelled behind.

Joohyuk, Mino and Irene got out of the car once they arrived at school, “Oh my god, Ethan! You came to school with Irene?!” Joohyuk's friends were standing around the two Baes as soon as they took a step out of the car, which made both Mino and Irene share a look, do they not know they are siblings? “Good morning, guys.” Irene greeted her brother's friends with a smile, “I'm surprised by your reaction, did Ethan not tell you I'm his sister?” Irene smirked a little at Ethan before grabbing his arm. If only he was still a small kid, she could hold his shoulders from behind and show that she was the mighty one between them. Ethan shot his sister a glare before facing his friends again, “Yeah... Irene's my sis.” he said awkwardly looking away. Then all of sudden a girl walked towards them. ‘Why is everyone so tall?!’ Irene thought a little frustrated by the fact that even two years younger girls were a lot taller than she was. She knew this girl from her pretty face, she's one of Joohyuk's friends if she remembers well. “What are you doing?” The girl asked Joohyuk with a stern tone. 

“L-Lily! It's not what you think, I can explain...” 

“Chill, Irene is Ethan's sister.” One of Joohyuk's friends reassured the girl. Irene smiled at her and bowed. The girl quickly replaced her frown with a relieved smile and bowed back, “I apologize for the misunderstanding. My name is Bae Joohyun, Irene.”

“I'm Lee Sungkyung, Lily. But, Bae? I thought Joohyuk's family name was Nam?” The girl, apparently named Lily, asked a little confused. Mino laughed at the sight. “It's Bae, right now. But I'm going to change it to Nam for sure, hell no do I want to be related to those two devils at home.” Joohyuk said, refering to Irene and Ivory and shook Irene's arm off his'. Sungkyung laughed at his statement and grabbed his hand, “Let's get going, classes will start in about ten minutes. It was nice meeting you, Irene eonnie.” Sungkyung bowed once more. Irene hit Joohyuk on his head, “Even your girlfriend has manners, you better start calling me noona. Now go, I don't want you to get into any more trouble than you already do. It was nice meeting you too, Lily.”

After Ethan and his friends were gone, Irene heaved a sigh and faced Mino who simply laughed at her. “I can't believe he never told his friends that we're siblings! And he never told me he had a girlfriend, either!” Irene complained. Mino walked closer to her and kissed her forehead, “Stop stressing about it so much.” Irene nodded, “You're right. But you know, with the preparations for our final exams, the school council and everything else, I tend to over-think about the slightest things. Thank goodness that I don't have a lot of classes today; Wendy, Seulgi, Joy, Yeri and I are going to shop for clothes due to the weather that's getting hotter.” Mino nodded understandingly. They met with their friends a few minutes before the bell rang, and headed to their classrooms.

After the second bell rang, announcing that the second class will start or that the first class had ended. Mino and Irene met each other in the hallway, on their way to their next classroom. Mino gave her a quick peck on the lips before the moved along with crowds, going to different directions.

Finally another bell had rang, announcing the first break. Irene walked towards the school garden and saw Seulgi and Jinwoo already sitting underneath the crimson cloud tree, a pink Japanese hawthorn, where the group of friends always lunched during the spring and summer. “Irene!” Seulgi greeted her friend. “Hey, Sophie, Cameron.” Irene greeted the two. “It's so weird to hear people calling me by my foreign name.”Jinwoo said and Seulgi agreed. It was true. Mino, Bobby, Irene, Wendy and Joy were the only ones in their group of friends who actually got called by their American birth name. The others claimed that they felt uncomfortable being called by anything else than their Korean or Chinese names. Irene sat next to Seulgi and saw some of their friends walk towards them. After a few minutes, the group was complete.

“We're going to the shopping center.” Joy told Junhoe after the guy found out that Wendy, Joy, Seulgi and Irene had no more classes for the rest of the day.

The break passed by very quickly, they thought, and packed their belongings ready to head for their next class. The four girls waved their friends goodbye and walked out of the school gate. “I'm craving for some Starbucks!” Wendy said and opened her car door. “Irene, will you join me in my car? Joy is already in Seulgi's car.” Wendy told Irene who didn't hesitate and took a seat next to her friend.
[Have fun, babe.]received 11:15AM  
Irene read the text, sent by Mino.

They arrived at the parking lot of the shopping center, and got out of the car after parking it. “Summer 2K15, here we come.” Irene said and walked into the huge building. 

They were currently seated at the Starbucks, as Wendy requested. The girls were laughing about a story that took place during the first period this morning, Joy told them. After finishing their drinks, the girls entered the clothing stores. 

“Yah, Sooyoung-ah!” Shouted Seulgi while holding up a lime green dress. Joy turned to face her friend. “Oh my god, I love it!” To everyone's surprise, there were three more specific colors. Pink, blue and an orange-like-yellow color. “Perfect for us. We match these colors so well.” Wendy said excitedly, reminding everyone of last school year when the girls all dip dyed their hair. Wendy a dark blue color, Irene a hot pink color, Joy a spring green color and Seulgi an orange color which looked yellow. “I pay for these!” Seulgi said and grabbed the dresses out of everyone's hands and ran to the cashier before someone could protest. She came back to the three girls with a proud smile, handing over a bag to each one of them. “You really didn't have to do that,” Irene began, “But thank you.” 

They were all busy trying out clothes when Irene's eyes suddenly fell on one specific dress. It looked like a basic white dress, but Irene couldn't help but think it was a lot more than that. The details put in the dress must have taken a lot of effort, and she was sure the prize would be high. It wasn't a tight fit, it was a little loose but still fashionable, perfect for hot summer days. A woman who worked in the store seemed to have noticed Irene staring at the dress.

“It would look beautiful on you.”

Irene jumped a little when she suddenly heard someone talking to her. She turned half around and saw a young lady, probably in her early twenties, standing next to her with the dress she was staring at in her hands. Irene's eyes caught the woman's name tag, Kim Taeyeon. Her eyes shot wide open when she realized that this was Kim Taeyeon. “Taeyeon!” Irene quickly bowed at her. Taeyeon was the older sister of Jinwoo and she was the head cheerleader when Irene was still a freshman and Taeyeon a senior. “Nice meeting you again, Irene.” Taeyeon chuckled. “What are you doing here? I-I mean, I thought you got into a university?” The question made Taeyeon laugh quietly, “I did, and I still am in it. This department of the store is owned by my uncle, and since I had a free day today I decided to help which I do quite oftenly.” Irene nodded, understanding the situation. “But back to you,” Taeyeon cut in and made Irene turn around, pressing the dress on her back. “This dress is made for you, I'm sure. It's perfect for the summer and no one could pull it off as well as you.” Irene was honored with the compliment, “Thank you.

“But,” Taeyeon looked around her if there were any people around them that could hear what would be said, “there's a little secret about this dress.” she whispered. “What is it?

“It changes its color.

“What?” Irene asked in disbelieve, a little too loud. “Oops, I mean, what?!” she whispered. “It changes, not to you, but to another person.” Taeyeon winked at Irene, teasingly. “W-what do you mean?” Irene asked, clearly not understanding the situation. Taeyeon sighed and rolled her eyes, still smiling. “Minho, Song Minho! Your boyfriend, right? One of Jinwoo's best friends.

“Yes...

“The dress changes it's colors, depending on which emotions he is feeling.” 

“How is that possible?

“It isn't.” Irene frowned, what? It isn't? Then why did she just—

“It only changes for him. It changes in his eyes.” Taeyeon explained. “I still don't get it.” She looked really confused, it's not possible! The change of colors barely have anything to do with your eyes, it's about the light rays and wave lengths. “No one does, but it's just like that. Find the proof itself by wearing it.” Taeyeon told Irene which Irene nodded to, trusting her.

The girls were done shopping and Irene was back home in her room after picking up her sister from school. Taeyeon's words kept going through her mind. She wore the dress and posed in front of the mirror. She decided to take a photo of it and send it to Mino.

[This is my favorite dress I bought today! What do you think?]sent 3:00PM

[You look gorgeous, pink is definitely your color images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThYxklPnSXvYcmD_6z5a8]received 3:00PM

Irene stared at the message. Pink? Maybe it's because of the lightning. She thought. She looked at the photo again... But it was clearly white. She then send the photo to Seulgi.

[One of the dresses I bought today, how does it look?]sent 3:02PM

[It looks great!]received 3:03PM

[Which color do you see?]sent 3:03PM

[Color? Irene, please, I'm not color blind! It's obviously white.]received 3:02PM

That's weird. Maybe it really is a color changing dress? At least when Mino looks at it.

-

“Mom, I'm going to school with Mino!”

Irene woke up the next morning, gladly not as early as yesterday. She skipped down the stairs while telling her mom that Mino's going to pick her up to go to school together. “Come, eat your breakfast. Can't Joohyuk join you?” Irene got into the dining room and took a seat. Her younger siblings were already swallowing down the pancakes her mom made for them. “Gross, I don't want to see how they make out on their way too school!

“Oh, Ethan, please, I bet you and Lily are the same.” Namjoo said.

“Lily? Who is Lily?” Their mother asked in an amused tone and laughed once she saw her son's face get red. In the mean time, Irene had already started eating her food. They suddenly heard a beep. Irene's mother looked out of the window and saw Mino waving at her, which she replied to with a wave. “Mino's here.” She informed her eldest child who hurried to wear her jersey jacket over her new dress before stepping out of the house. 

“Good morning. You look beautiful, again!” Mino said as he watched Irene walk towards the car, opening the door and sitting down. “Thank you, you do too.” They waved at the family who was still in the house one last time before driving towards school. They were talking about yesterday, how school was for Mino and if Irene enjoyed shopping. “I bought a lot of new dresses, you saw one when I sent a photo, yesterday.” Irene told him. “Yes, you looked really great. But the one you're wearing right now is pretty too! White goes well with anything.” He pinched her cheek with one hand. White? See, there's no such thing as changing colors of a dress! Irene cheered in her mind. “Thank you again.” She smiled and kissed his cheek, which made him smile as well even though his eyes were focused on the road. 

They arrived at school and greeted their friends before the bell rang and they headed towards their classrooms. They didn't see each other while moving towards their second classroom when another bell had rang, and only met again when it was time for the break.

When Irene walked towards the tree, she saw Mino already sitting down with Joy and Seunghoon. They greeted each other and she sat down next to Mino who wrapped an arm around her waist and pecked her on the lips before landing his eyes on her body dress. “Did you change?” He laughed a little and looked back at her face. Irene shook her head which stopped Mino from laughing. “Really? I'm sure you weren't wearing a light green dress earlier.” Mino asked confused and his friends looked weirdly at him. They decided to forget it since it wasn't important anyway. They enjoyed their break together happily with their friends, engulfed in laughter. In the corner of the eyes did Mino see Irene wearing a yellow dress. He furrowed his eyebrows and was about to ask her about it but the bell rang, blocking Irene from hearing what her boyfriend had asked her. “Did you say something?

“You're dress... Nevermind, nothing. Let's go to our classroom.” He grabbed her hand and helped her stand up. They had physics together now.

They entered the classroom with their hands locked into each other's. “I would honestly pay for Mr. Ahn to stop giving us physics.” Mino groaned and threw his bag next to his desk, which was the second row from behind, next to the window. Irene's seat is right in front of him, but both their seat mates weren't there today. Mino stared at her back for a second, “Babe, come sit next to me.” 

“No.

“But-

“No.

“Okay,” Mino grabbed his books and threw it on the table next to Irene before grabbing his bag as well, moving towards the table and pulling out the chair to sit on it. But Irene's leg blocked him from sitting, “You're not going to focus if you sit next to me.” she warned him. But Mino didn't react, he gulped. “Mino?

No reaction.

“Hey!” Irene yelled getting her leg of the chair after noticing he was staring. “Huh?” Mino shook his head out of thoughts and looked back at Irene. “Orange?” Mino mumbled with a confused expression. Irene caught his words, but decided to act innocent, “Did you say something?

“No, nothing. Nothing at all.” Mino replied and sat down next to Irene just before Mr. Ahn walked in.

“Good day, class!” He greeted cheerfully which caused all the students to look up weirdly. “Isn't the weather beautiful today? I love the sunshine! Mr. Ahn walked towards the window next to Mino to open it. After he left, Irene nudged her boyfriend with her elbow, “Am I missing out on anything?” she whispered. “You tell me, you're the one in the student council.” Mino said in disbelieve. Is this really Mr. Ahn? “I haven't attended the last two meetings and you know why!” Irene glared at him and hit his arm reminding him of when he made a sleepy Irene sleep after school in his house right after they arrived and the time that he locked her up in her own room because he wanted to spend longer time with her. He laughed at the thought of it and kisses her quickly on the lips, “You're so cute when you're trying to act angry.” 

Pink. The dress was pink again.

“Is there something wrong?” Irene noticed his frown. 

“Nothing.

“Cut the crap, you keep on frowning and mumbling all the time and you keep saying that it's nothing! And stop staring, I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable.” Irene was clearly displeased with the strange behavior of her boyfriend, even though she knew what it probably was about. She didn't blame him and she felt guilty for snapping at him like that, she was confused too.

“I'm sorry, I think I just didn't sleep well.” Mino apologized and turned his attention back to his books without glancing at Irene, which made her feel even more guilty. “No, don't be.” Irene said dreary, “I am the one who's sorry, I know you're really busy with school, sport and work.” She shoved her chair closer to him and hugged him sideways. “It's fine, you didn't do anything.” Mino said, not really paying attention to Irene which made her frown even deeper. She stopped hugging him and focused on her work again.

Blue.

Their class had ended and the bell rang, announcing the lunch break. Mino got up from his seat first after packing his back. “Hey, you know-” Irene started to tell him but he kept on walking towards, the door which shut her up. She looked at his back sadly and packed her bag.

“Trouble in paradise, I see?” Sehun, who's in the student council as well, said teasingly.

“Shut up.” Irene rolled her eyes, clearly not in the mood for jokes. “Woah there, lady. I was just kidding. So, are you attending the student council meeting today?” He asked her. “Sure I- Wait. What?! That was today?” Irene didn't seem to believe him, or no, herself for forgetting it. “Oh my god, don't tell me you forgot. You really have to participate this one, you already skipped the previous two!” Sehun grabbed her arm. In the corner of Irene's eyes, she could see Mino leaning again the door opening. ‘So he did wait for me, after all! See, there's nothing wrong between us.’ She thought and released a happy sigh. However, Mino did not take her happy sigh as a good sign. Sehun grabbing her arm, Irene changing her mood and aura from gloomy to happy? He stormed towards the two and grabbed Irene's other arm, “Sorry, but she already got plans.” He dragged her out of the classroom with her. Red.

“Hey, let go of me that hurts!” Irene complained once they were in a somewhat quiet hall. Mino quickly let go of her arm, “I'm sorry.” he kissed her hand. “Why did you do that? I really had to participate the meeting! What plans are you talking about?”

“We're going on a date.”

-

Irene was in the last class of the day. ‘On a date,’ she kept on thinking about what had happened earlier, Really now, Mino? Out of all days, out of all times, you choose today during my meeting?! The thought made her groan in frustration and slam her head into her bag. “Are you okay?” Seulgi asked her friend worriedly. She had been acting a bit strange since the lunch break, she seemed tense. “Yes, I am great! I'm so great that I can skip three student council meetings in a row because my even greater boyfriend likes to plan our dates like that!”

Seulgi cackled.

“What?” Irene shot her a glare.

“You two are unbelievable. Just go to the date with him and enjoy your time, you really need it. Besides, they announced earlier that the meeting was canceled.” Seulgi patted her back.

-

Irene was waiting next to Mino's locker after her class had ended. She was about to call him when she suddenly saw him figure walking towards them. But, wait, who's that next to him?

“Hey.” Mino greeted her by sliding the back of his hand over her right cheek and opened his locker. Irene looked at the other girl who was still standing next to her boyfriend. Then all of sudden, something came up in her mind and the dirty look changed into a smirk. “Hey, babe. I really missed you, classes get so much more boring without you.” Irene pouted and turned Mino's head towards her with her finger on his chin. She glanced back behind him, and saw the girl looking at her clearly annoyed. “That's sweet of you to say, I missed you too.” He kissed her on her lips and was about to pull back when Irene's hand stopped him, by placing it on his cheek. She deepened the kiss, and Mino didn't seem to mind at all. Irene opened her eyes slightly, only to see the girl walking away. ‘Victory.’ She thought. After a minute, or so, they both pulled back. “I really did miss you.” Mino showed her a proud smile, already forgetting about his project partner who was standing next to him just a few minutes ago.

A soft shade of purple.

“So where are we going?” Irene asked him when they got out of the school gates, arms linked. “I was actually going to ask you what you wanted to do.” Mino told her as they already started walking towards the parking lot. “How about we go for some ice cream and then to your house?” She asked him acting cutely. Mino laughed at her behavior, “Sure thing, let's go.” he opened the car door for her and stepped in on the other side afterwards. They drove towards a ice cream shop nearby Mino's house.

“What flavor would you like to have?”

“You choose for me, just like I had to choose for our date.” 

Mino kept thinking about her smile, how beautiful and pure it was and suddenly her dress turned out to be green. He decided to ignore it, his weird color sight should not ruin their date.

“Strawberry, because you're just as sweet.” He grinned at her and she hit his arm, “That's so cheesy, shut up.” she laughed a little.

So, Mino got both of them ice cream: strawberry for her, chocolate for him. They were eating it delightfully, talking about their day and complaining about school when suddenly her dress became the topic of their conversation. “Right, about your dress...” Mino started. “What about it? Do you not like it?” Irene asked worriedly looking down at her clothes. “No, no! That's not it. I love it, you look beautiful. I was wondering, where did you buy it?” Mino asked her hoping that it didn't sound too weird. Irene snorted. “Why, are you going to cross dress? You know you could always ask me for some clothes, I usually wear oversized clothing at home, anyway.” She took another of her ice cream giving the guy an innocent stare. Mino laughed nervously, “Of course not! I was wondering because it's my cousin's birthday soon, and she might like a dress like yours.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yes, she has the same style as you.” Mino lied.

“I bought it in the store that's owned by Jinwoo's uncle.” She told him, taking a bite of her cone. ‘Jinwoo's uncle...’ Mino thought. He had been to the store before, Taehyun and Seunghoon liked fashion and Jinwoo was a fashion terrorist and somewhere along the way the two always knew how to drag Mino with them when they helped out Jinwoo searching for good clothes to wear.

Irene took a final of the last bit of ice cream she had, “I think it's still open for another two hours, let's go.”

And so they drove to the mall. Once they arrived Irene got a little distracted at a shoe shop trying on lots of new sneakers, a few heels and two sandals. An hour had already passed and both Mino and Irene had agreed on eating something since they were hungry. They went to the Subway for a sandwich. Once they were done, there was still just thirty minutes left before the mall closed and Irene dragged Mino to the store. The first person to greet them was Taeyeon, “Ah, Irene! Mino! I see you came back, oh and looks, you're wearing the dress! I'm guessing that's why the two of you are here as well.” She smiled brightly. 

“Kind of, Mino wants to buy it as present for someone, wait here I'll go get it.” Irene excused herself leaving Mino and Taeyeon alone. Once Mino was sure that Irene was out of sight, he turned to Taeyeon, “Good to see you again, Taeng, but I've got an important question to ask. What the hell is up with that dress?”

Taeyeon laughed and dragged Mino behind the counter, “Irene hasn't told you that the dress changes colors?”

“See, I knew I wasn't crazy!” 

Irene came back with a few of the same dresses, just in different sizes. Mino looked at them, they were all white. He leaned towards Taeyeon and whispered, “It's supposed to white, right?” Taeyeon nodded.

“So what's your cousin's size?”

“You know,” Mino grabbed the dresses from Irene, “I think I'll just give her some kind of perfume.” He handed the dresses over to Taeyeon. Irene looked at him strangely, “Alright.”

They waved Taeyeon goodbye and walked back to Mino's car. Once Mino started driving away, Irene asked him, “Tell me, which color am I wearing now?” Obviously she did notice Taeyeon and Mino whispering and she already thought it was about the dress.

“A darker shade of blue.”

“Taeyeon told me the color of my white dress changes once your mood changes. But only yours.”

Mino raised his eyebrows not losing his focus on the road, “How?”

“I'm not sure, but I like it.”

The rest of the drive was quiet. Neither of them knew what to talk about and it created an awkward situation. It wasn't until both arrived at Mino's house that they started talking again.

Irene took a seat on the bench in the living room. Mino's parents weren't home so they had the whole place for themselves. 

“Choose a movie to watch. Want something to drink?” Mino walked to the kitchen and Irene asked him for ice tea. They decided to watch something childish, Tangled the disney movie. They cuddled and laughed together until the film was finally over. Just a few minutes afterwards Mino's parents came home. Irene greeted them politely.

“What a lovely dress you have!” Mino's mother had commented making Mino and Irene look at each other and chuckle.

“We'll go upstairs now.” Mino said and made Irene turn around. They walked to Mino's room and sat down on his bed.

“Your dress gave me an enormous headache today.” Mino said and stretched laying on his back. Irene giggled and laid down next to him, “I didn't believe it would actually change its color, you know.” Mino hugged her tight. 

“Your dress did make me realize something.”

“Did it really?”

“Yeah, you look good in all colors.” He mumbled into her hair closing his eyes. Irene laughed slightly and told him she would wear the dress often now that he's said that.

They stayed in that position and eventually fell asleep until Mino's mother came and told them that dinner was ready. Irene, however, politely declined and went back home.



idk if you guys know 'the dress' since its been months since that it was a thing but i got inspired to write this after that blackblue/whitegold dress thing got viral haha.

this chap was the second chap i worked on so thats why it is displayed first in the chapter count thingy (theres still a chapter ahead of it but i probably wont release that one until october or something)

the ending was really rushed i know i know but i still hope you enjoyed it!! im going to england on vacation for two weeks so updates might become a little slower than you expect it to be during summer vacation but i also still have three other stories to update so yeee. eid mubarak btw, i know it aint time yet but i probably wont be able to update when the times there <3333 have a nice vacation as well if ur in europe and if you still have school, hang in there mate <3