Deliverance

Stalking A Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I said before I loved my father very much and I did not kill him intentionally. But I was not the perfect daughter that everybody thought I was. I was young and foolish and ignorant. I was 17 at the time and I was so convinced that I was in love. And when you’re young you have all these ridiculous hopes and dreams. My dream at that time was to move abroad with my boyfriend and spend our lives together. Of course my parents were completely against it. Mother was hysterical and father who supported me most in the past was silently disapproving. I don’t know what took over me, maybe it was because they didn’t understand me, or maybe it was because I was acting like a selfish rebellious teenager. Whatever it was I ran out the door into the open and decided that I did not need their support. I wonder if things would have turned out differently if I hadn’t made such a stupid decision?
 

* * * 

Yoona woke up suddenly in the early morning as the sound of her ringtone pierced harshly through her sleep. She opened her eyes groggily as she fumbled around for her phone wondering whom it was calling her this early. Must be those telemarketers trying to sell me life insurance again, Yoona thought as she slapped the phone to her ears.
 

“Yes?” She asked rather rudely.
 

There was a distinct laugh on the other line followed by a very familiar voice. “Good morning sweetheart.” False alarm, it was just her best friend calling her.
 

Yoona groaned in response biting back her response to not call her a “sweetheart” this early in the morning. She rolled in her bed wrapping her blanket around her into a tight cocoon. “Donghae… it’s not even six in the morning yet. Can you call me back when I’m not sounding like I’m half dead?”
 

“Well I’m bored!” He replied back in a childish tone.
 

She scoffed back at him. “You’re bored at this time of the hour? Normal people aren’t bored at this time. Normal people are supposed to be sleeping!”
 

“Well forgive me for wanting to check up on how my best friend is doing.”
 

Yoona chuckled softly at the sarcastic tone. It made her realise how much she missed him during the last few days. Ever since that horrific incident she had become just like her own mother, withdrawn and lifeless. Her social skills crumbled as she hid inside her shell of guilt and the people in her life left her faster than she could blink. Donghae was the only person that stayed.
 

“It’s a really pretty town if that’s what you’re wondering,” Yoona said hearing a loud (ha!) from Donghae when she said the word “town”. Rosy Hill with a population of less than a hundred most likely didn’t qualify to be called a town in his eyes. She ignored his remark and continued. “I’m serious. I have a good feeling about this place. And my landlady is so kind, she told me not to worry about the rent until I’ve completely settled in.”
 

There was a brief silence before Donghae spoke. “Okay. Well what about your neighbours?”
 

“They are all so friendly,” She replied back in a slightly disbelieving tone. “I mean a few of them even popped over last night to introduce themselves. And well… there is this one guy…”
 

“Oh? What about him?”
 

Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea mentioning him at the first place, Yoona thought. What was that old saying about bad things happening when you talk about people behind their backs? “Umm… nothing really. He lives next door and just seems a bit mysterious that’s all.”
 

There was a small lump in as she thought about the days ahead of her. The chances of bumping into Taecyeon were pretty high given the fact that they were going to be living right next door to each other. The thought of having to give small talk to this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter