Isolation

Stalking A Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I killed my father that night. Not intentionally but I am to blame for his death. I loved my father more than anything in the world and there’s not a day that I don’t feel sick with guilt. Some days I feel so sick that looking at my poor mother with my guilty eyes makes me want to throw up. You’re wondering how it all happened, how I, Yoona, the girl that everybody saw as the perfect sweet daughter would have caused the death of her own beloved father. But all I’m wondering is whether I will be going to hell…
 

* * *

Yoona peered through the window as she drove down the quiet road. There were a lot of trees here and not many buildings. It was too much green for her eyes to get used to but it gave her a satisfying feeling too because more trees meant less people. She exhaled a good breath of satisfaction knowing that she had chosen the perfect location to move into. It felt comforting getting away from the city, from all the buildings, traffic, noises and people. She drove past a large tattered signpost that looked like it was going to fall off: “Welcome to Rosy Hill”. This was going to be her new home.
 

There weren’t a lot of local stores in this town either. Yoona drove slowly through the small rural suburb as she counted each building that she passed: a post office, a (very) tiny grocery store, some nameless clothing shops, a service station and a rundown looking bookstore. The rest of the buildings here all looked to be abandoned. That bookstore piqued her interest though; she was definitely going to check it out once she settled in. Yoona stopped abruptly at her destination, Rosy Hill Realty, shifting the gearstick to park mode she took a nervous breath and got off her car.
 

“Oh sweetheart there you are! I’ve been waiting for you!”
 

Startled, Yoona turned her head to see a plump middle-aged woman sitting outside with an almost alienating smile across her face. This must be her realtor/landlady.
 

“Mrs Baker. I’m sorry if I’m late,” Yoona said weakly testing her voice. Good, she thought, she hadn't completely lost her ability to speak to strangers.
 

“Not to worry! Let’s get you inside. We have some documents to sign and then I can give you the key!” She said cheerily as she ushered Yoona into the cosy building. “It’s my home and my office if that’s what you’re wondering. Coffee?”
 

Yoona nodded as she sat in the living room as her landlady walked over to the kitchen area. She came back holding a tray with two steaming cups and two copies of stapled paperwork. Mrs Baker sat down and smiled passing a cup over to the quiet girl.
 

“You’re so young Yoona dear to be liv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter