3 - Late

A curse of three lifetimes

Sunlight sneeked through the seams of the draws and hit my face like a hammer.My eyes fluttered open and I stretched my arms,yawning.I patted my messy bed hair and got up.I checked my phone for the time but it was dead. omona!No wonder there was no alarm!

I got up and ran out of the room,facing my mother who was preparing breakfast. It was 7.30 a.m. leaving me only 30 more minutes before I was late.

"Daeun,why are you still here?"she stopped what she was doing.

"My phone has no battery so the damn alarm didn't wake me up!"

"Then,get your outta here!"

"I can't walk to school now!I'll be late!"

"Then,take a bus!"

"Which bus?!"

"Bus 123!Use your brain for once,please!"

"Aish,"I let out a groan of frustration and ran into the room.I quickly stripped myself off my sleep attire and hastily put on my school uniform.I rushed to the bathroom and brushed my teeth while tying my hair messily without using a comb.I splashed water onto my face and rushed out to wear my socks and shoes.I grabbed my bag and left for the busstop.I checked my plastic wristwatch. Only 20 mintues left!!!!

The bus arrived on time and I ran forward but the bus was already full.

"Girl,there's no space.Get off,"the bus driver snapped.

"Please!I'm gonna be late,"I begged.

"That's your problem,"he closed the doors and drove off.I ran after the bus but all I did was trip and fall.I scraped my knee and it was bleeding.I looked up into the sky that turned grey,trying to stop myself from crying but to no avail.Tears strolled down my cheeks. And what made it worse was that it started raining.

First,I get kicked out of my house.Then,I have to move into the house of snobs where people look down on me.After that,I wake up late for school and fell down.Now,it's even raining.Just my life!

Rain drenched my school uniform.I looked at the ground hopelessly. There goes my perfect record.

In my school,I was counted as a goody-two shoes.My school was a gangsterish school because I can't afford the fees for a branded one and I have to accept fate.But I work hard there so in the future,I'll be able to have a good job and I'll never be poor again.I'll be able to let my mother leave that damn house and live in luxury.

Then,a shadow was cast upon me and water stopped raining on me. I looked up. It was a boy,probably around the same age as me because he was wearing the uniform of JYP Academy,a prestiguous school where I longed to go but could not because of the fees.He had an umbrella in his hand and sheltered me from the rain.I scanned him.He seemed taller than me and he looked quite handsome to be honest.His hair was black and neat.

He bent down to reach the same eye level.

"Hi,"he greeted with his warm voice,"I saw what happened just now.Are you okay?"

I wiped my tears away with my sleeve.

"I'm fine.Thanks for asking."I sniffed.

"It's 7.50 now.Do you want a ride?"he offered.It was as if he read my mind.

"Actually yes,"

"Well,then let's go,"he stood up and outstretched his hand,shooting me a smile.

I smiled back at him gratefully and took his hand,standing up once again. He led me to his car. Woah....

His car was a branded one and I could tell that it was relatively new. The uniform,the car,must be a rich kid.

"What school are you from?"he asked.

I scratched the back of my head. " I don't think you've heard of it but it's at XXXXXX-X-XXXX. "

"Mr.Kim,"he called his chauffuer.

"yes,young master,"

The ride to my school was just completely silent except for the sound of the aircon. Trying to break the awkwardness,I started talking.

"Erm,you saved me so erm,I thought it would be better (?) if i knew your name,"

"Ah...yes,I'm Jaebum,"hm....why does it sound familiar?

"oh...I'm Daeun,nice to meet you."I said and sneezed.

"Gwenchana?It's too cold.I'll switch off the aircon."

"Thanks,"

He took off his school jacket and draped it over me.

"Wear it. I don't take no for an answer,"

I blushed and mumbled a small thank you.

The ride became quiet again.............

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ringgggggg

The school bell rang and all the students left the classroom. I was late even though I had a ride but I was still grateful of course.

My bestfriend,Minki ran towards me.

"What happened to you?You were late today which never happens and then,you come in drenched,all messed up and you had JYP Academy's jacket on you!How the hell did you get that?You always wanted to go to that school!Did you like get scouted or something,"

"Silly girl,"I hit her head,"School isn't like entertainment companies who scout random people on the street."

"Firstly,OUCH!THAT HURT!"she screamed into my ear,"and number two,then how did get the jacket?"

"Someone from that school helped me and lent me his jacket,"

"HIS jacket I see......"she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Aish,stop thinking wrongly all the time,there's nothing between us."

"Fine,"she shrugged her shoulders.

Jaebum..........

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:I'm so sorry for this super duper late update!My laptop was confiscated but I hope you enjoy this chapter! By the way,have you heard black swan by rainbow,drama by nine muses and sniper by shinhwa?THOSE SONGS ARE SO AWESOME! they are my jams now lol