Chapter II- How It All Began Kai's Perspective

The Awkwardly Sweet Chemistry

Kai's POV

Plain and ugly. No words to explain how meeting up with the shyest of all two thousand something students here in Seoul High and asking him out on a date could help me rise up to my popularity. I see no reason how that's every gonna happen through Kyungsoo.

I've noticed him whenever I see him around, which are on rare occasions only, and he wears these big nerdy glasses, all the uniform crisp as if it's the military and the teachers are the seargeants. Doubt that he's ever going to be one of those people.

No wonder he's been the target of all kids. Kyungsoo is definitely the weirdest kid since that one kid who put chili and mayo on his ham sandwich with everyone had to speculate on the event.

"Come on, man. It's only a date with Kyungsoo. And once you get him to fall for you, he can help you win more popularity on the list." Suho patted encouragingly on my shoulder. Suho has been with me since the elementary years and is considered to be a big brother of mine, only unrelated. Which stinks because I seem to inherited some of his characteristics. 

His parents and mine are business partners and are quite close, especially his dad and mine. Dreams always influenced young minds, and when they did on mine, my dream was to become like my dad and Suho could be like his dad and be partners when in need.

Moreover, Suho's the one who forged the idea of me asking Kyungsoo out. 

"But why? I don't even know who the guy is. Besides, he might not be my type." Suho put up his hand and outstretched his arm, while placing the other on his chest and started to fake gasp.

"I did not even tell you what the person's gender is. What makes you think that Kyungsoo's a boy?"

"Don't know. Just the knowing. And besides, he's in our PE class. He just never talks." 

Suho laughed. 

"I know he doesn't huh? No one has ever heard him speak. That's why get through to him. Remember it's a bet." He added and patted my shoulder for good luck. 

That's right. The bet. I have to date the school's most quietest person, and is also known for his brains. I always end up first place but for some reason, he does too. Honestly, it annoys the heck out of me. I don't want some random kid claiming my place because it only belongs to me.

If only I can find his weak spot, then I can beat him and reclaim first place as my own.

"Whatever. Where does he usually hang out?"

"My sources tell me in the library every lunch by the window facing the field. Find him there and ask him out already." 

 

Born from a background where money and statuses mean everything, I have never really thought about bribing my way up to the top. I'm not one of those spoiled brats like Suho, and he is. I always knew that with working off in education, I would get there someday. However, out of all the students here, not even my ex-girlfriends nor annoying fangirls, the one person whom I cannot take is Kyungsoo.

He is so quiet and has never volunteered himself to answer or ask a question. I can always see him behind the classroom, either reading a book or studying for something I don't even know. It makes me so envious of his presence just being in the room alone, when I'm surrounded by a lot of other people. I can never understand him. Kyungsoo is someone... Whom I want to eradicate that badly.

How can he, a mere commoner, ever beat me, someone who's received compliments of being a descendant of the famous scholars back in the day, to top 1 out of 2,000 something students here at this school? Just the thought of it makes me want to defeat him even more.

 

"I'll bet you he's a ." Suho popped in. I opened my mouth to oppose what he said but then held it in.

 

 

"Oh? This should be very interesting then."

 

 

Hey you guys. I am so sorry for the late update. I know. I tried. I was very busy throughout this week. But hey What you gonna do about it? The chapter was short (or not I don't know). So yeah. Please enjoy! 

Dedicated this chapter to my first two subscribers of this story: Endika and jewelz412. Pretty sure I got these right ^^ Anyways. Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and share and fan! When will the fluffiness come? It will.

heehee. 

xoxo