Chapter I- Behind the Scene

The Awkwardly Sweet Chemistry

"Your kindess and purity will help you overcome your obstacles in life as long as you believe in yourself.  Be your own character and find courage to love." My mom's words have stuck with me throughout my years of growing up. And has continued on until my prime age of sixteen, a sophmore in Seoul High School. 

I kept on with my life through my mom's guidance, for those were her last words until she died twelve years ago due to a hit and run. The trauma experienced at four years old was definitely a lot to take in. Since then, the world's been shut out from my life and never really cared about anything except for school and my mom's words. My father decided to remarry. But because I opened up to him for the first time, he never accepted me.

He thought that my mother's death was all my doing and that I shouln't have been brought into this world. Ever since my mom's funeral, my father expected a lot from me. He wanted excellence not decent, wanted honors not regulars, wanted exceptionality not dullness. He wanted me to be more than what my mother wanted me to be. 

I guess, being the only child does carry a huge burden up on the shoulders. So up until now, I've sat by the window in one of the empty tables in the back of the school library, with stacked up hardcover books in front of me and my eyes glued to each page, not giving a single care in the world.

Only if I can be more invisible than I actually am right now. How enjoyable my life would be.

 

"Another A?! Why can't I get an A+?! Tell me!" my father walked up to me and gave me a stinging slap across my face, leaving a red mark on it. 

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH A RETARD? I JUST ASKED PLAINLY FOR AN A+ AND YET YOU GIVE ME AN A? YOU SHOULD BE GOD DAMN ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!" he boomed and stormed out of the house, slamming the front door behind me. All that was left behind were the torn pieces of my 4.12 GPA on the floor scattered, a cold room disrupting the silence with the dripping of my tears down my cheeks.

 

"You're so feminine and frail. Man up, loser. Or else you're gonna make us run and screw up our free time."

"Why do you even exist, stupid? Go yourself and die already."

"So annoying. You're just a er for a teacher."

Emptiness just looms over me. Even though I try my best not to be noticed by anyone, they will still feel my presence and know right away the words what to say. 

I'm like a shell. Bullied so much that my soul has left my body and there I am standing and hearing all these things like I'm suppose to. 

 

In truth, all I need is to be left alone already. I know for a fact that love and romance and all those sweetness won't come to life in my world. 

 

The only thing that will make me appreciate who I am right now are my books and my wide range of imagination. I begin to realize what if my imagination can turn into a place where I've always wanted to go to? Somewhere far, quiet and beautiful... Somewhere like heaven.

 

Somewhere where I can experience laughter, joy, and love. However, life is life. I'm here. I'm breathing and living. I'm left here with just this. 

My mother died twelve years ago. Yet her words still are with me. At the same time, I feel as if my hope is losing slowly...

 

"Kyungsoo right?" a  voice heard from my back. I turned around to find a boy with stunningly good looks, jet black hair and a lean body. His eyes were somewhat deep, yet filled with optimism. He was leaning against his back on the shelf with his arms crossed. He tilted his head slightly and gave me his amusing smile ini the corner of his perfectly chapped lips.

"Y-Yes.. Wh-Who might y-you be?" I nervously asked under my most quiet tone. Even though it was the library we're in, I'm not the sociable type. Therefore, how to talk to someone new was not on my list as being a student. Not to mention, high school student.

And when I thought I heard a slight chuckle, the boy leaned in, placing his palm on the desk and curled a string of my hair on top of my forehead.

 

 

"Call me Kai." 

 

 

Vote, fan and comment! I forgot to mention that this story is also angst so now you know. Tune in next chapter.