Chapter 3

Just One Day ... With Jeon Jungkook.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook runs through the whole school, looking for a certain someone in that huge building. From library, over classrooms to the toilet, but he's nowhere to be found.

“Hmmm ... Maybe on the rooftop or outside? I haven't checked a few places still.” He runs to the rooftop, but there he also doesn't find anyone. He gets a message and quickly checks it while hurrying outside.

*Kookie, where are you?* He can almost feel the worry of his hyeong through the message and just when he's about to reply to it with a soft smile on his face, he spots a wall, throwing its shadow on the ground. Jungkook would ignore it, if it wasn't for the little shining something that reflects the few faint rays of sun. His smile fades away and as curiosity takes the better of him, he approaches the wall built of bricks. It just stands there, where in a few months everything will be green.
Why hasn't he ever seen that wall before? But without even having the chance to think about it ... not that he would do it anyway, but still ... he spots a sitting figure with a watch around its left wrist, shining whenever light hits its metallic surface. Jungkook's lips shape a cute “o”-shape just before he finally recognizes the figure.

“Hyunseung!” He squeals happily and smiles brightly, making the other flinch in surprise. “What the-?!” He keeps staring at Jungkook and almost drops his cigarette, but manages to remain his cold look within parts of seconds. “You smoke?”, Jungkook sits beside him, leaning against the wall and lets his look wander from Hyunseung's face to his cigarette and then back again. Rolling his eyes, the older scoffs and shoots an “Are-you-really-that-stupid”-look at Jungkook. “Noooo ... Of course, not. It's just really interesting to watch how the cigarette burns down.” He explains, his voices overfilled with sarcasm. “Oh, really? That's good then...” Jungkook moves closer and stares at the burning stick as if it's the most interesting thing ever. “This ... is really interesting.”, he then mumbles absentmindedly. To that Hyunseung just couldn't help, but look at the younger as if he was the dumbest kid in the world, before shaking his head in disbelief. “You have to be kidding me.”, he mutters and continues smoking, causing his new stalker to gasp. “You said you aren't- .... Oh wait, you didn't mean it ... did you?” Without even waiting for an answer, he averts his gaze from the cigarette and flashes a cute smile at Hyunseung. “Actually, I wanted to invite you to a picnic. Ilhoon's coming, too.” Jungkook hears the other heaving a heavy sigh as he gets up and leaves the boy dumbfounded and alone.

“Lemme touch you! Look at me! I'm depressed and sad!” The smaller of two guys whines and reaches out to poke Jin's abs. He glances sideways and sees Namjoon throwing daggers at Jin. He chuckles evilly in his mind and keeps hugging and touching his hyeong, when that one finally gives in with a groan.

“Jungkook, you're unbelievable.” Jin sighs and looks around, checking who is in the room before coming closer to his maknae, leaving only a few inches between them and then he lifts up his shirt a little, so his abs would be revealed to Jungkook.

Jungkook cheers inwardly, grinning brightly and runs his fingers over the soft skin when he feels the older hug him close. None of his friends know why, but whenever Jungkook is sad, he needs to touch one of his friend's bare skin and he'd be back to the happy and hyper Kookie everyone knew.

Another thing no one knows about is that slight tickling under Jin's skin every time Jungkook touches him, but he manages to hold back any visible reactions. “Thank you, hyeong. I missed you.” The younger whispers, burying his face in the other's neck.

“No problem, baby. I missed you just as much.”

It wasn't until Jungkook rests his chin on Jin's shoulder and opens his eyes that he pushes away shrieking. “HYEONG!”, he shouts, laughing and tries to hit Namjoon, who is standing behind the confused Jin and grins.

“Hey, Hyeong!” Hyunseung turns around and sees his younger brother approach him. “What's up, kiddo?”

“I got invited to a picnic later today by my new classmate and friend.”

“Oh really...”

Ilhoon watches his hyeong as he continues walking, his face showing disinterest. “He told me I could invite you, if I want to. Let's go together.” Ilhoon tries once more. But it still isn't enough to make Hyunseung change his mind. “I'm busy.” He keeps walking and leaves his younger brother complaining. Thinking back to the previous few hours of the day, he gets on his motorcycle and drives home.

“Yah, Jung Hoseok! Get off. DON'T EAT ALL THE SANDWICHES! ... I TOLD YOU TO KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM THAT!”

Everyone laughs and tries to help unpack the basket and box that Jin prepared for their picnic. Jungkook chuckles and scoots closer to Ilhoon, when J-Hope runs past him, only a few inches left to tripping over the poor maknae. He doesn't really care where he's running, he just wants to get away from Namjoon who is haunting him like a mad man.

[... Short explanation]

While Jin and Namjoon were laying the blanket on the grass, J-Hope tried his best to steal some food, but unfortunately for him, Namjoon spotted him and didn't go as easy on him as Jin did. And to top it of, J-Hope picked up the topic about Namjoon breaking his teeth brush. He jumped around like a monkey and laughed.

[...]

“OMG, off, Hyeong! I already said I'm sorry!”


“But J-Hope ... You never said that. You just laughed your off and ran away.” Jungkook blinks innocently and looks at J-Hope confused.

“KOOKIE!”

“Oops ... Well, whatever."

"Jung Hoseok, you'll get in huge troubles,  if you'll swear again." Jin warns.

I told you it'd be fun.”, Jungkook says as he turns to Ilhoon and flashes a bright smile at him.

“Yeah, I'm glad I came. Your friends are really nice to- Hyeong?!”

Everyone freezes in their spots and follows Ilhoon's stare, seeing something, they've never expected to see.

“Hyunseung!” Jungkook yelped happily and jumped up, grabbing his guest's wrist and pulling him down next to himself, so he had the brothers on each of his side.

Jin walks home silently. There is some kind of awkwardness in the atmosphere. He listens to the regular sound of foot steps behind him, but not too far away. They lead him out of reality and into a world filled with thoughts, fears and hopes.

How can such a thing happen? It's ridiculous. Impossible. He should be happy now, holding the certain someone's hand and walking him home.

"Hyeong ... ?", he hears a soft voice. It belongs to the one who makes the sound of foot steps behind him ... but not too far away.

[... Flashback...]

"It's so great you came, too." Jungkook said smiling brightly and crossed his legs as he shifted into another position on the mat. "Oh you must be hungry. What do you want to eat? We have lots... not that lots, but still enough of s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter