Looser

내기 the Bet
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

chapter 2: Looser

     "Three, two, one, go!"

     She presses play and all at once the cars rush passed me and I realize how awful I really am at this game. I wouldn't care so much if it was only money on the line, but no, this is a kiss, this is Sulli's lips at stake here. Even if it's just a kiss on the cheek, it is the greatest prize of all time and I want to win it. But with my hands shaking and my heart nearly beating out of my chest, I run into every single wall and fall of every cliff. I end up loosing three out of the four games and I swear she let me win the last one.

     I don't know what to feel; relief or regret, but as Sulli gloats about her victory to an unresponsive audience, I wonder what would've of happened if I had won, if she had kissed me. It gives me butterflies just thinking about it. Her lips on mine—it's something I've only dreamed of.

     "You seemed really nervous." Sulli says with a slight laugh as she turns off the game and TV.

     I shake my head vigorously, "n-no," I say and give a small chuckle to hide the awkwardness I feel.

     "Was it because of the kiss thing?" she asks, "you know I was only joking, right?" she says this so nonchalantly I am shocked. And foolishly heartbroken. I should have expected this, it's stupid to think she would kiss me, even for a bet, it's just so stupid and it wouldn't have mattered if she had planned on kissing me; I already lost. And though I have all these reasons not to be even the slightest bit upset, I want to cry.

     "Pft, y-yeah, of course I knew that." I exclaim, laughing like I don't feel as though I'm about to go puke my heart out. "Hey, my-my head kinda hurts, so I think I'm gonna go lay down for a bit." I lie in an attempt to escape.

     "Okay," Sulli nods, a gentle smile on her lips. "But before you go," she places both of her hands on my cheeks, "let me give you this," and before I know how to react, she's kissing me—she's kissing me on the lips and I don't know what to do. She's caught me blindsided. "I got you, didn't I?" she says against my lips and I shiver. I can feel her smile against them before beginning to kiss me again; moving her lips against my quivering ones. I want to kiss her back, I really do, but there's something inside me that tells me that is a very bad idea and thus, I pull away as quickly as I possibly can. It's like a switch goes off in my head and suddenly, I fully understand what's just happened. I clap both of my hands over my mouth as my own restraint.

     She grins almost shyly, biting her lower lip, "I'm gonna go get some water, do you want anything?" she bashfully giggles to herself when I don't respond and walks to the kitchen while I remain frozen on the couch. I'm in complete disbelief, I don't know what to think, let alone what to do. I feel like I'm dreaming and I can't wake up, but this is real and all I can think about now is her lips—her sweet, sweet lips touching mine.

     Sulli plops down beside me on the couch, "I changed my mind." she says.

     I remove my hands from my mouth, "s-sorry, what?"

     "I changed my mind," she repeats, "I don't want any water... Hey," she adjusts how she's seated so as to face me. "Can I kiss you again?" she asks awkwardly with a simply cute smile. My hands shoot back up to my mouth and she laughs, "alright, alright." she leans back on the couch, putting her feet up on the coffee table. "But just by the, you look adorable right now."

     My face is burning; it feels like I'm in a frickin' sauna and her flirty remarks aren't helping. I try my best to gather my wits, at least what remains of them. "Sulli, you're dating Choiza, a-aren't y

Please log in to read the full chapter