A Risky Beginning

내기 the Bet
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

chapter 1: A Risky Beginning

     I think I'm starting to make a dent in the couch cushion; I can see the outline of my in the seat every time I stand. It's the same for Sulli I'm sure. We haven't even made it through the week yet and all Sulli and I have done is sit about watching TV and messing around on our phones. We're both bored out of our minds, I know that for a fact, but I still don't want to go out. I don't want to deal with all that hassle and I think she would probably agree with me. Though, I don't want to keep doing this. I'm bored of the boredom.

     "Sulli-yaaah~" I whine. I get on my hands and knees and crawl to the other side of the couch, where she sits; eyes glued attentively to her phone, knees pulled close to her chest. I peak over her shoulder at her cell, barely getting to see what she was so interested in before she closes the tab and looks over at me; flustered and annoyed.

     "What is it?" she partly snaps, staring at me with a wavering gaze. She stretches out her legs and crosses her arms, still glaring at me.

     I scrunch my nose at her, "I just wanted to see what you were up to." I say with an aegyoful pout.

     "I'm reading." she says in a plain voice, looking back at her phone.

     "What're you reading?"

     "A story."

     "About?"

     She doesn't answer and I shrug it off, lying down and ever so carefully placing my head on her lap. I'm not trying to annoy her, but it ends up that way and after a second or two, she looks down at me with an agitated expression. I am certain she is about to get angry with me again and I mentally prepare myself for it, but to my surprise, she doesn't. Instead, she sighs and gives a soft laugh; "what're you doing, Park Sunyoung?" she asks, her look of annoyance having vanished.

     I shrug a little, "I dunno."

     She ruffles my hair, a light smile playing on her lips before she returns to her phone; her gorgeous, dark eyes fixed to the screen once again. I lie there for a while, looking from the TV to Sulli to the TV again. I try to think of something we could do together that wouldn't take too much energy—something mindless, just not as mindless as this, but so far I've come up empty handed.

     I sit up and move back to the other side of the couch, picking up my phone from it's spot on the armrest. Hi, I'm bored. I text lazily to Amber and shockingly, she replies almost immediately.

     Hi, I'm tired. she texts back, adding a large amount of exhausted looking and sleeping emojis afterward.

     Don't work yourself too hard, alright?

     I wont.~ she adds a thumbs and a smiley face, before continuing, why aren't you hanging out with Ssul?

     I am, but she's reading.

     Ah.. Well, when she's done, you should go ou

Please log in to read the full chapter