The Home I Need

New Romantics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rays of sunlight seeped throung the windows waking Shin Hye from her sleep. She turned to her left only to find the space empty. Today she has to go back to work and she is not looking fowards to it. She made her way to the bathroom lazily. She looked at herself in the mirror and groaned. She didn't sleep a wink last night and the bags under her eyes were noticable. She brushed her teeth and combed her hair.

"I'll deal with this after I have my breakfast."

Shin Hye silently made her way down the stairs she walked stealthily to the kitchen and saw Min Ho busy at the stove. She stood there admiring his long legs and they way he moved when he walked back and forth getting the ingredients. 'How can he look so handsome in the morning'. She walked towards him and as she got nearer she could hear him whistling. She wrapped her arms around his waist and pressed her head agaisnt her back.

"Good morning Oppa" She said merrier than she imagined.

Min Ho turned around and gave her a cheeky smile before he leaned down and gave her a peck on the lips. "Good morning"

Shin Hye chuckled his face was covered with pancake mix. She lifted a hand to his face and wiped some of it off. "Oppa where you playing with your food?!"

Min Ho frowned and turned around. "This the kind of a treatment I get for getting up at 6 in the morning to make breakfast for a wife who doesn't even appreciate it." He turned the stove off and walked to the table, along the way wiping the mix off his face with a napkin. He sat down and waited for her to do the same.

Shin Hye headed towards the table instead of sitting down she walked to his side and wrapped her hands around his neck she leaned down and pressed her lips on his neck. "Thank you for the breakfast, I'll enjoy it."

As she walked away Min Ho grabbed her waist and pulled her back, she lost her balance and ended up on Min Ho's waist. "Don't ever do that again."

"Why not" She gave him a peck on his lips. He didn't say anything but she could feel the prove on her bottom. "Yah stop being a ert" She got up and sat in her seat.

Breakfast was quiet Min Ho could see the worried look on her face. He laid his hand on hers and squeezed it gently.

Shin Hye looked up at him and gave him a light smile. "Sorry Oppa, I'm just worried. My secretary called me yesterday and told me that the amount of work is pilling up since I left and my dad hasn't drop by to help. I'm going to be stuck at the office for days. I don't think I can even come home."

"You can always work from home, don't stress yourself, you can get sick. I heard that your stocks aren't dropping."

"That is still something to worry about, we haven't presented a new product to the product in over a year. We have new ideas but they don't work out as planned." She sighed. "I wish my company was more like yours, you guys are at the top right now since you realeased the perfume last week." There was a long pause before she spoke again. "Oppa I don't want the company to go down, I may have problems with my father, but I don't want the company to fail. I spent so much time and I have put so much effort into that company, I would die if it goes down."

"Shin Hye all companies have problems but nobody really notices. Your company is going to be alright. I wonder why are you working at the company when you are so young? You should be out and about enjoying life but if I think about I didn't do that either my life was from home to work and from work to home again. My company is doing good now but it doesn't mean it will do good tomorrow. Whenever I look at you I wonder so many things but I'm afraid too ask, I don't know much about you but its because I'm scared you would lock me out and put up your walls if I ask."

"I am not ready to talk about my past with you yet, I don't really have interests I let them go when I started to work. You want to know about my situation with my dad, I could see it in your eyes. Give me some time, honestly I am also scared to ask about you. I don't want to ruin what we have. I wonder how is it that you do anything for your mom even without thinking it twice. Believe it or not Oppa I am too mature for my age. You want to know something my dad force me to grow up. He told me that my dreams were just dreams, I wanted to prove him wrong and that was the biggest mistake." She started to tear up.

Min Ho walked to her seat and pulled her into his arms. He her hair, he felt like a million daggers stabbed his heart and din't allow him to breath. The way she talked so painfully made him regret asking the question. " I'm Sorry Shin Hye, I mean it I shouldn't have asked those questions."

"Its okay, its in the past" She tried to say camly but tears started to leak out from the corner of her eyes.

"Don't hold it in, cry if you want too, I'm here right. Lean on me, I will be there from now on no matter what."

Shin Hye did as he told her she buried her face in his chest and hugged him tightly by the waist, she started to cry. Min Ho tightened his embrace. Shin Hye felt it now. 'I found the home I was looking for.'

Shin Hye fell asleep standing. Min Ho picked her up bridal style and took her upstairs to their room. He laid her on the bed gently. His heart pained seeing the pained expression on her face. He caressed her face and her face relaxed a bit. Min Ho leaned down and gave her a kiss on her forehead. He took his phone and headed out of the room.

                                                                                    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter