FINAL

Of Bouquet and Wedding Parties

“So it’s settle then Mr. Choi. We will make sure your wedding day is the day you’ll remember forever.” Do Kyungsoo end the discussion by closing the cap of his pen. The other male in the room laughs shortly.

“Yeah I hope so too. Or Taeminnie will kill me for sure if anything happen and screw his plans.” He replies while rolling his eyes. “But I have in faith in you Kyungsoo. And will you stop calling me mister, I am not that old actually.”

The round eyed director stands up and laughs along, shaking the hand of his client at the end of their meeting. It is Friday and they just finish the last briefing for the upcoming wedding this very weekend. Having a job as a Chief of Director of a big scale wedding organizer throughout Korea enables him to meet so many people, from the riches to the billionaires. From celebs to politicians, you name it.

“I assure you not a single plan is going to be ruined.” He replies back amusedly, watching as the athlete salutes him and walks out his office.

 

Kyungsoo heaves a tired sigh and stretches his arms, groaning as he moves his neck to relieve the tense muscles inside. A light knock coming from his door and Baekhyun’s head shows up along with his hand.

“Coffee?”

The small male grimaces.

“You know I hate coffee, Byun.” He proceeds to loosen his tie as the caramel haired friend of his strolls inside the room.

“A little caffeine won’t kill, you know. “He retaliates, “Gosh Kyung, you look like a dead man. Have you even slept last night?”

The director yawns and shakes his head. “Got only 3 hours sleep since last week and don’t ask me something you already know.”

Baekhyun stares as his friend solemnly and proceeds to give him a massage (which is soon to be swatted away by the friend). He hisses and almost wants to throw the hot liquids inside the cup he is holding to the large eyed (somewhat) boss’ face. But he let it go this time, knowing so well his friend is beaten like hell. Having to manage a large scale of a wedding can really consume you, both mind and body and that isn’t like Kyungsoo can complain. The job gives him a great amount of cash, and the chance of meeting important figures are like 150% so yeah.

 

Soft chuckle escapes his lips as Kyungsoo whimpers softly and the male secretary pats his head. “Choi Minho really gives you headache, huh?”

No replies from the boss as he is burying his face on top of his folded arms on the table.

“But it’s understandable though, because marriage is a one-time experience (although lots of the celebrities we know have their second or third marriage after) so everything must be perfect then.” Baekhyun babbles on, “Yah Kyungsooya, do you ever wonder how your own wedding day will be?”

 

Kyungsoo groans loudly. “Byunbaek are we really having this conversation again?”

“Whyyy??” the other male whines, “I am just asking, not demanding you to get married!”

“And I remembered answering you already, why are you starting to sound like my mom?”

 

Baekhyun pouts.

“Kyungsooya, there must be someone for you out there. You will find her… or him… whatever your ual orientation is. You can’t barricade yourself from a relationship, let alone a marriage.”

“I am not barricading myself,” Kyungsoo replies back, “It’s just—I’ve seen so many with my own eyes. Everyone seems looking for a perfect one. They are always so good looking, super brainy or just plain filthy rich. They have it all Baek, and they will search for someone as equal as them.”

“You are smart!”

“But not smart enough!”

“Your paycheck can buy me 3 months of my full meal in advance.”

“Baek, you’re too much I am not even that wealthy!”

“You are adorable, Do Kyungsoo!”

“Are we seriously going to discuss this??”

 

The secretary growls in annoyance as he lifts his hand in surrender.

“Alright dude, I'll shut my mouth but I’m sure there is still someone who will accept you in a whole package, and not easily enchanted by some stupid es who wears thick make ups.”

The young director smiles a bit of a snide remark. “Says the one who rock the eyeliner better than women.”

Baekhyun tsk-ing and waves his hand nonchalantly. He resumes gulping the remaining coffee and checks his social media on his iPhone, leaving his friend slash boss wandering in his own thought.

He knows Baekhyun has a point, about the self-accepting and all that jazz. It seems so wonderfully possible, but this is reality not a drama where the main protagonist always get the happy ending no matter what circumstances she / he is in. Kyungsoo takes a glance at his own appearance. He is not bad actually, but he can’t help feeling insecure of himself.  He is petite (a pretty descend word for ’short’), he is lanky; his face is ridiculously weird (“No it isn’t!” Baekhyun shouts). Bottom line is he is not psychically attractive, he is not perfect. Not at all.

 

And people search for perfections, right? And who the hell still talk about the so called inner beauty this 2015? None.

Kyungsoo whimpers. Screw Baekhyun for bringing back his insecurities to the surface and reminded him that he most probably will die a in the end. So much for a happy ending.

 

***

Jongin rubs his sweaty hands nervously to his pants. He takes a glance to his grinning best friend who is sipping the wine leisurely. He leans closer and murmurs,

“Chan, are you sure we won’t get caught?”

Chanyeol lifts his brow and scowls. Still with the creepy grin, the tall boy wraps one of his arm around the tan male.

“Jongin ya, we managed to get in with ‘that’. Why do you think they can bust it up?” he replies back excitedly, “Just enjoy it man! Act normal, like you’re one of them! Gosh did you saw Sandara Park right there?! Holy sheezz Jongin I finally meet my soulmate!”

 

Jongin snorts loudly and removes the offending arm and snatches Chanyeol’s glass and gulps down the bittersweet liquid.  Chanyeol knocked on his door earlier, asking (read: DRAGGING) him to join him to this exclusive party in a hotel. Only turned out that it wasn’t just a party, it wasCHOI MINHO’s wedding party. Choi Minho as in Choi Minho the national soccer athlete. Jongin remembered how he got panicked inside their car, almost threw himself out of the vehicle when they realize they were going to sneak in a national wedding celebration. No wonder his idiotic giant fellow told insisted they must wear a freaking suit to the event.

 

But that wasn’t all. When Jongin found out that in order to get into the building they must show a special invitation that obviously none of them both had it. He was started hyperventilating when the guards asked for that damn piece of cartoon (with some damn hologram sticker or something like that) as a proof that they were INVITED (which they weren’t) but much to his relief and bewilderement Park freaking Chanyeol magically pulled out the invitation and gave it to the bulky man.

 

The tan male started screaming internally like how on earth Park Chanyeol had the invitation. That stupid girrafe definitely didn’t have any connections to any of the well-knowns. Hell no. They’ve known each other since pre-school and Jongin was sure as he was also sure he has a that Chanyeol couldn’t possibly had that exclusive invitation.  He was almost collapsed on the spot as Chanyeol whispered that the invitation was a fake one, and he dared to admit it while jolting down their name on the guest book. Glanced back at the guard who still studied the fake invitation in his hand as they walked inside the venue, Jongin was almost sure he befriended a criminal all these years.

 

So that’s how they end up here, standing in between celebs, athletes, and god knows who else and Jongin silently prays hard noone will know they are hitching a ride in someone’s wedding. Despite his fear, he is actually grateful Chanyeol brings him here. Never once in his life he can meet his favorite baseball player this close, or how he bumps shoulder with the ever so famous singer/rapper Kim Keybum when he grabbed a finger food from the table. Even so, he still hope they will soon be gone from this place because he is starting to feel uneasy as people stares at him and Chanyeol too often (or is it only his paranoid mind playing tricks on him?).

 

“Excuse me, sir?”

Both boys turns around and Jongin’s heart almost jumps from the ribcage as the girl at the guest table and the guard are standing in front of them, their expresions are unreadable but Jongin’s gut screams something is not right. Definitely not right.

“Um yes, can we help you?”  Chanyeol replies and manages to smile calmly. Jongin wonders if he gets an acting lesson at the college.

“Can you please follow us please?” says the girl who looks so intimidating despite her height that differs a foot below his and Chanyeol’s height. Jongin gulps and lets out a shaky laugh.

“Sorry Miss, but we are planning to leave n—“

“We insist.” This time the big guy speaks up, “Follow us now before I drag your asses down.”

Although the addition comes in a low growl it is effectively cowers both of the tall college boy. In an instant they are ushered under the stare of the others (Jongin has never felt so humiliated before) to a small room with a large table in the middle. Oh god, why is this like an interogation room? Are they going to jail? Jongin swears gazillion filthy words internally at Chanyeol. 

“Sit down!”

“Hey chill out man!” Chanyeol glares at the big man who just push him down to one of the chair.The guard snickers at him as the response and throws their fake invitation to the table.

“If i were you I’d prefer to shut up cos you are in trouble now kid.”

 

Jongin leans back to the back of his chair and sighs. They totally screw up this time and he fears for the worst. A night in jail doesn’t seem really bad, it’s his parents rage that frighten him. His mom will give him a month of hell if she knows about this. Before he wallows in misery further, the door opens and two people enters. Both male have small figure (just a bit taller than the girl from the guest table) and wears suit that looks expensive. One of them has the most large eyes Jongin ever saw. While the other one looks like he uses all eyeliner he has that even Chanyeol frowns.

 

The one with the large eyes speaks first, sitting in front of Jongin.

“Let’s get to the point shall we?” he starts, “You guys have gut to sneak in, huh?”

He narrows his eyes, lips forming a thin line. Not a good sign at all because this guy screams important and Jongin knows his life and Baekhyun depends on him. The eyeliner guy leans on the wall and watches the scene amusedly. Jongin his dry lips while Chanyeol seems to lost all his blood on his face. They are both so dead.

“Answer my question,” the small male repeats and cross his arms, clearly pissed off by their silence.

“S-sir, we are sorry we are not meant to do any harm. We just—trying to do something fun and different. We promise that it won’t happen again!” Chanyeol pleads and putting a force grin on his stupid face. Eyeliner guy scoffs and narrows his eyes toward him. His best friend throws a dirty look at the standing male.

A laugh escapes the small male, creating a love shape on his lips. He suddenly slams his (small) palms on the table, making both Jongin and Chanyeol jumps on their seat. He leans forward toward Chanyeol and mutters coldly,

“Don’t play around with me you punk. What makes you think I’m not going to send your asses off to jail?”

 

“But we didn't do anything harm!” Jongin defends, “It’s not like we are stealing something or murder someone!”

“Oh, so are you planning to do that?”

“WHAT—NO! Why are you twisting my word? I can sue you of false accusation!”

The small male stands up abruptly, making Jongin realize that he himself unconsciously has risen from his seat.

“You know what, let’s end this quickly. Baekyhun, call the cops and tell them to arrest these two!”

 

The sudden verdict brings Jongin back to a full panic mode. He sees eyeliner man fishes outhis phone and dial a number.

“W-WAIT! I’m sorry I dodn’t mean to be harsh! Let us make it up for our mistake, we will do anything! But please don’t send us to jail! Okay?” he stutters,

“Jongin, what are you doing?!” Chanyeol hisses.

“Shut up Chan, you are so close to make me punch your ing face right now!” he hisses back, “We will do anything, okay?!”

Jongin sends a pleading glare to the small male who purses his lips and says nothing at his request. Eyeliner guy taps his finger lightly to his chin.

“Kyungsoo ya, I think we can use them to our next events. Yixing is still on honeymoon leave so we gonna need some helps for the rest 2 months.” He says thoughtfully, brows furrow in dislike as he notices Chanyeol totally despise the idea.

Jongin bits his lips as the other male seems considering his proposal, he doesn’t seem to like the idea at all. But then he sighs and rolls his eyes.

“Fine, consider yourself lucky this time. From tomorrow onward, you will be working for 2 months with us and taking care of wedding preparations we will be holding. You guys won’t be paid anyway, just consider this as my compasion towards you.” He declares as he looks at both college boys sternly, “I expect you to come at 7 AM sharp, I accept no reasons at all if you guys late. Now get the hell out of here.”

 

***

Jongin later learns that the small male is Do Kyungsoo, the Chief of Director of Dream8 Wedding Organizer who often handles a lot of the haves and celebrities’ wedding parties in Korea. On Monday he almost murders Chanyeol because the tall giant wakes up at 6.20 when they have to reach Dream8 HQ at 7 AM sharp. Who know what will happen if they show up late, Kyungsoo will chop their head on the spot probably. Thank God the boys are in their last year of college so they have classes on the evening instead of morning. Both of them pants heavily as they ride an elevator up to 15th floor after running from their dorm to the said building. Jongin swears he is nearing to choke Chanyeol to death and dump his friend’s corpse to the nearest dumpster.

 

Their bickering stops when they enter the office and meets with an amused Baekhyun on the way.

“Well, ready to get busy?” he asks with a coy smile. Chanyeol laughs sarcastically at him but Jongin prefers to just being a good boy and nods. “Good, hope you can cope with us because it is not an easy job. Especially if Kyungsoo starts throwing hell at you.”

“Are you sure you are not just exaggerating?” Chanyeol snaps and Baekhyun snorts at him.

“Why don’t you proof it yourselves  then?” he challenges, “Cut this crap, you guys come with me. I;m gonna show you your cubicle.”

 

Jongin elbows his friend’s ribs hard, making the latter groans.

“What??!”

“Park Chanyeol,  if you don’t want me to spread your photo on the campus website you better shut the hell up!”

The brown haired giant huffs and drops his gaze to the ground dejectedly.

“Fine, I’m sorry.”

“Whatever Park, let’s just work our asses off so we can finish it quickly.”

 

***

Kyungsoo has never fancy having strangers (let alone two brats) working as his team but he needs help indeed with the long hectic wedding parties his company has to handle. Not to mention both Jongin and Chanyeol  always succeeds in making him crazy with their mistakes on the job. He rubs his temple and takes a deep breathe to calm himself down as Chanyeol appologizes repeatedly to one of the guest at a party because he accidently drops a tray of fresh oysters onto the said middle aged man’s lap who happens to be a famous chef of a diamond star hotel. Appointing Chanyeol to help the caterer definitely is not a good idea. On the next events, Kyungsoo sternly order the tall idiot to help Baekhyun arranging the banquet (which makes Baekyhun almost collapse because Chanyeol keeps testing his patience).

 

Jongin is no better than his partner in crime. From day one, Kyungsoo has assign him to help which he himself have no time to follow up. And that includes the caterings, decor, singers and all stuffs relating to the wedding in general. The boy asks him a lot and it frustates him. He isn’t used to supervise a newbie, his team is always involve a professional who knows what they are doing. They are troubles to Kyungsoo and he actually considers ending their temporary work in a month or so.

 

Kyungsoo was so mad when Jongin made his first fault. It was a wedding of a daughter of a well known tycoon in Korea and one of the toughest work he ever done before. He was preparing this event for months (they contacted him almost a year ago) and of course he wanted this to be perfect for the sake of his company reputation. But alas, on the faithful day Kim ing Jongin forgot to make the slight changes for one of the menu. The client wanted to have Salad Niçoise at first but then decided to had Pot-au-feuinstead for the appetizer. And Jongin forgot to notify the catering. Holy hell.

 

Luckily Kyungsoo found out in the morning and immediately yelled at the younger to call the goddamn catering and after a tough discussion with the said food service, they agreed to make a change in the menu. Jongin kept appologizing but Kyungsoo waved it off with a stern warning that it mustn’t happen again. But bloody hell it happened. The other time was when Jongin mixed up the decor color between two different weddings at the same day. The one was supposed in white and the other in purple. Kyungsoo nearly strangled the younger and choked him to death.

 

He is on the staff room, carefully looking at the list on his notebook. It’s another wedding party he has to take care of and it’s just 30 minutes before it begans. The guests are already arriving and now is waiting for the bride and groom to enter the room. A sudden knock on the door is heard and before he has time to answer, Baekhyun storms into the room.

“Kyung, bad news.” He pales, “It’s about the wedding singer.”

Kyungsoo lifts one of his brow.

“What happen Baek?”

“It’s Jongin, damnit! He told the singer the wedding will begin at seven instead of six thirty. He will be late, Kyung!”

 

Kyungsoo’s heart drops to his feet. Without any word he stands up and runs outside the room to the reception ballroom. He quickly spots the guilty male in the corner and grits his teeth.

“K-Kyungsoo-ssi, I—“

“How many times should I yell at you to make you do your job right just once, Kim Jongin?!”

The younger keeps his silence and puts his gaze on the carpeted floor below. Kyungsoo groans and rubs his face with both hands, clearly pissed off by Jongin. But what’s done is done, now he has to find a solution because obviously the show won’t wait for the wedding singer to come. He looks around and notices that the guests are all gathers around, the wedding ceremony will start in minutes.  He curses as he realize there is only one thing that needs to be done.

“Baekhyun ya, get ready. We’re going to sing up there.”

“WHAT?!” his secretary shouts in disbelief. Even Jongin lifts his head too.

“Don’t act so surprised Baek. Its’t not like we haven’t sing before.” He replies. Chanyeol mouthing silently ‘eyeliner guy can sing?’ behind him.

“B-but that was long ago! And in a karaoke too! Kyung are you insane?!”

“It’s only one song Byun Baekhyun! Now you either choose to get on there with me or losing your job right now.” Jongin deadpans, leaving the startled trio behind. Eventually Baekhyun sighs and forcefully shoving his folders to Chanyeol and glares at Jongin before catching up with his boss.

 

Jongin watches as both smaller male testing the mic, guilt fills heart and he curses inwardly. He should’ve follow his mom’s suggestion to bring notes as he seems to forget easily. Blame his father clumsy gene. He takes a deep breathe as the MC starts speaking and announcing that the bride is ready to enter the ballroom. His boss gives a cue to the mini orchestra to start and the intro rolls smoothly. Kyungsoo stretches his lips open and the first verse comes out. Jongin’s breath hitches.

 

It’s definitely not like he never hears Kyungsoo’s voice before. Heck he just yelled at him minutes ago, but Jongin never once think that his boss has a voice like this. As wonderful as it is. The voice is soft; velvety soft but still have its power at some point. When Baekhyun sings his part, it’s time for Chanyeol to hang his jaw opens. His voice is so rich, contradicting his small figure. When both of them sings the chorus, Jongin already feels his heart pounding so hard, his head spinning for a reason he is not really sure of. He can’t takes his eyes off the older male, the one with the large eyes and thick lips. Even after they are finish singing and Kyungsoo scolds him again in the staff room, Jongin only nods dumbly. Eyes still staring at the older male.

 

Jongin finds out the song title his boss and his right arm had sung; Open Arms. He takes a mental note to download the song later.

That night when Jongin lays on his bed wide awake and Chanyeol fast asleeps on the other bed beside him, his mind have an internal debate with his heart. It is never easy for Jongin to fall in love with someone, sure he has some relationships before but it’s not like he was serious with them. You are only infatuated by his voice, his brain retaliates. But if it’s only the voice how come it warms me up, his heart debates back. Jongin toss around and hides his face on the pillow. This is driving him mad.

 

Maybe he’s just tired and he needs to sleep. A lot of sleep.

 

***

Kyungsoo hates it when his mood drops 6 foot down when he got to do his job but he is in the deepest pit of depression today. He supposes to be happy because the long awaited wedding of his colleague, Wu Yi Fan and Huang Zitao finally happens today but he is not. It’s not like he hates them or something, in fact months before he was so excited in planning their wedding because he had witness the ups and downs of their relationship. And when they decided to tie the knot, Kyungsoo was probably the happiest to receive the good news.

 

It’s just a bad timing that his insecurities get him as he realize his friends are getting married one by one, leaving him the only bachelor on the group and somehow it’s depressing. He had been forcing a smile since this morning but his heart is still heavy and he feels like want to cry. The wedding ceremony went well by the way, with no mistakes from Jongin and Chanyeol and an excelence tackle of Baekhyun too. He is glad, but he still feels like crap.

 

“Kyung, come on! Zitao is going to throw his bouquet!” Baekhyun pulls him up.

“Let him throw it if he likes to! Besides, I’m not a girl so there is no way I’m gonna go there and humiliates myself.” he pouts, pulling out from his friend’s grasp. Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

“Come on Do Kyungsoo! It’s just for fun! Yifan said there will be prize for whoever catches the bouquet. Do it for me, Pleeeassee...”

Kyungsoo hesitates for a moment, he meets Baekhyun puppy eyes and smiles a bit.

“Okay, okay!” he chukcles and walks toward to crowd in front of the small stage where Zitao is ready to throw the bundle of flowers in his hand. Yifan watches as he grins stupidly. His heart starts to pound as the chinese panda playfully makes a gesture to throw the bouquet to the crowd before him. Kyungsoo curses at his own height, because damn all he can is heads. Why youngsters nowaday are so tall? They need to stop eat fast food for real.

Zitao’s back now facing the eager crowd and Kyungsoo grits his teeth. Baekhyun is beside him, his face shows determination. At another moment, he would laugh at his friend’s facial expression. But now, they have the same purpose and the purpose is the damn bouquet on the bride’s hand.

“Readyyy?? Imma throw it now!” Zitao yells and the crowd below him cheers wildly, preparing to catch the flowers. After a few more playful toss, the awaited bouquet is finally flies up on the air, before goes straightfully down to the crowd. The packs go crazy as they blindly reach out for the flower including Kyungsoo who fight his best to catch it. He must get it, or he will never get married! His eyes widen as he notices that the bouquet flies towards his direction and he is so ready to jump on his feet to get his possesion.... when a girl in front of him launches herself upward and grabs it first.

 

Kyungsoo’s mouth open only to be closed again in a split moment, his shoulder slumps in dissapoinment. He hears Baekhyun groansalong with the others and huffs as the girl squeals in delight and proceeds to the stage to claim the prize.  Kyungsoo curses under his breathe and holds himself not to stomp his feet angrily because one he is not a freaking girl and two, his image would have been thrown out of the window if he throws a tanthrum. 

Yifan laughs and smooches his wife as the MC congratulates the winner and asks her to stay for a moment on the stage because apparently there will be another surprise for the guest from the groom. Baekhyun puts a puzzled expression while Kyungsoo glances at him, silently asking if it’s on the rundown because everything is supposed to jolted down on the list. His friend just shakes his head and both of them averts the gaze to the stage just in time a y music blasts from the speakers and Yifan starts groping on his bride on the stage. Kyungsoo’s mouth hangs open while Baekhyun frantically ripping off the folded papers from his trousers and quickly search if there is any intimate session involves at the end of the party. Well it really shouldn’t be because the whole ceremony is supposed to be strictly safe to the eyes of the children!

 

Both males  watch in horror as Yifan’s hand goes lower from the waist of his wife to the front part of the other male’s pants (and Zitao moans, like really freaking moans) with that erted gaze on his chinese face. Kyungsoo panickly look around, trying to find if there is any minor in the room but sighs in relief as he realizes the only guests who stay are the ones who gather around the front stage. The crowd cheer wildly and some of the girls look like they are going to faint anytime. Then slowly, Yifan’s large hand s Zitao’s pants and slids his hand inside. Baekhyun makes a weird squeaky voice beside Kyungsoo. The director swears he and the tall male are definitely going to have a serious talk after this as the hand goes deeper and something slips down Zitao’s legs and drops to the ground.

 

Kyungsoo almost flips as Yifan picks it up, gives a chaste kiss to his now panting wife and shows off the round lacey thing to the crowd who go even wilder.

“A Garter?” Kyungsoo chokes on his tongue, “Why would Tao wear that?!”

Baekhyun whimpers like a puppy.

The speechless males watch Yifan does a victory dance with some hip s and wave around the garter in circular motion. Holy God, the man is definitely drunk.

“ Kyungsoo I don’t recall he mentioned this before. What the hell, is he going to do the garter toss?” Baekhyun looks like he is just having a trauma of his life.

“I. Hate.Foreigners.” Kyungsoo hisses. He is going to punch that face for sure.  He crosses his arms when Yifan indeed announces that he is going to toss the garter and again the crowd cheer like some beasts on the lose. From his peripheral sight, he can see Jongin and Chanyeol (who flashes that trademark grin) join in the festive. He scoffs, of course the two clowns must involve in it.

Nevertheless, his heart pounds as Yifan steadies himself to toss the garter because he and Baekhyun are still standing in the crowd too and heck probably this is the last sign if he will get married soon and ends his poor lonely life forever. Forget the flowers, he will catch the garter instead.  Bring it on face. Kyungsoo huffs, spreading his legs a bit like he is some pitcher on a baseball field and braces himself on the impact. Baekhyun glances at him confusedly.

“Err Kyungsoo? What are you doing?”

“Ssshh ByunBaek! I’m getting married!”

 

His secretary looks like he is about to say something but prefers to shut his mouth. He is not going to say anything, not when his boss puts that scary frown because he learns from the best that angry Kyungsoo is bad news. So yup, Baekhyun will act like he doesn’t see anything.

It happens in a short momentum. The garter flies accross the room, going straight down when the gravitation pulls it hard and Kyungsoo is so ready to fight for this.

Well tough luck because someone catches the lacey thing first, and of all people in the room that someone must be the one and only Kim Jongin.  Freaking Kim Jongin. Kyungsoo’s hand still hang awkwardly in the air, eyes wide in shock and he must have look really pathetic right now because when when Jongin trusn around and spot him, the laughter soon dies down. The younger widens his eyes and looks back at the director. For a minute or so, they both stare at each other. Jongin isn’t really sure how to react, and the cheering sound seems defening to Kyungsoo.  But when the intern opens his mouth and calls his name, Kyungsoo wakes up from his reverie.

The director feels a huge lump in his throat and it goes straight to his eyes making them misty. That’s it, he has to get out of there. He quickly retreats his hand and fists it into a ball. He walks backward in a defeated manner, Jongin still watch him closely.

“Eh, Kyung ah where are you going?” Baekhyun hollers as his friend goes past him in a hurry.

“Toilet.”

He stomps to the said place, trying to hold back his offending tears and push the door opens with fury. Screw the weddings, screw the bouquet, screw the garter and screw Kim Jongin.  He’s getting tired of all these and he needs time to quit. The last thing he needs right now is a reminder that he could never arrange his own wedding while he will be busy taking care the others’. Oh the irony.

 

***

Jongin is torn between knocking the cubicle door or flee from the spacious toilet. His mind is calculating all possibilities that could happen and the result is about 80% of them is not good at all. The smaller male might explodes on him and fire him on the spot. Which is actually good too because he is finally free (he can’t say the same to Chanyeol tho). The tan male rubs his nape nervously. He can’t keep being like this or someone might comes in and mistake him as a weirdo who wants to peek at someone taking a . He takes a deep breathe, clears his throat and knocks.

“Go away, it’s occupied.” Come the hoarse voice from inside the cubicle.

“K-Kyungsoo-sshi? It’s me, Jongin.” He clears his throat once again, “We are going to go home now.  Are you not coming?“

“Go away.” His boss repeats. Jongin gulps and debating if he really should obey the order but then he pounds his fist on the hard wood once again.

 

“I can’t Kyungsoo-sshi. We- we need to talk!”

“Why?”

“Y-you...” Jongin stops for a moment, “You owe me something!”

The college boy holds his breath when Kyungsoo is not responding but a quick shufle is heard and the door’s lock slids open, revealing his boss’ flush face before him. His thick brows furrow in confussion and a bit fury too. Eventhough Jongin worries about his life right now, he can’t help to think that his boss is actually really adorable looking like that.

“What do you mean I owe you?” the irritation is clear and Jongin feels himself falters.

“E-explanations!“ he stutters, “Y-you suddenly run after seeing me catching the grater! I feel... offended!”

What the hell Kim Jongin.

“What?” Kyungsoo repeats the question as if the younger is crazy, “What are you talking about? Why should you feel offended in the first place?”

Jongin’s palm is sweaty and he isn’t sure what to say, especially when Kyungsoo is watching him with tired eyes obviously waiting for his answer. He scratches his head, slightly disheveling his black locks and shrugs (Kyungsoo’s heart does a little jump at the scene).

“At least you can tell why you suddenly run. It could make me feel better, you know.” He mutters, “and who knows you’re going to charge me for something I wasn’t realize doing it just now!”

 

Kyungsoo rolls in eyes in annoyance and snorts loudly. However he sits on the toilet bowl and sighs, dropping his head low and strangely at that time he doesn’t feel like debating the younger. He is so worn out, probably because he was just bawling his eyes out wallowing in his misery.

“It isn’t your fault. It’s just me being stupid, “ he chuckles, “I am somewhat scared I’m not going to get married because I didn’t catch the bouquet nor the garter. That’s it.”

Yeah he finally admit it, go ahead Kim Jongin go and laugh at me like you should be, like anyone should be. What can be more pathetic than a small man saying he is desperate for getting hooked with somebody by law.

Only Jongin doesn’t laugh. Kyungsoo raises a brow at him.

“You’re not going to laugh at me?” he asks.

“Why should I?” the younger retaliates

“I—maybe because it’s something embarassing. I have a great job with a great paycheck, but hell I am still single despite of my work in wedding events and such. You have no idea how many times i’ve been ask about it and drives me mad!” he buries his face on his palms.

“It makes me mad to the point that I am sure nobody wants me because I am not handsome, I don’t have a gorgeous body, gosh I am probably the last choice if there is no other people on earth to be married with...”

“Yah, cut the crap already.”

 

Kyungsoo looks up quickly and instantly meeting with Jongin’s scowl.

“What?”

“I said cut the crap already.” He repeats, “I don’t think anyone should look down on themselves. Everyone is unique and none is superior than others no matter how rich or how beautiful they are. I think you should’ve known about it better than I do. You are the older one here, not me!”

Kyungsoo blinks his eyes as the younger continues his long ranting, " You don’t need to be perfect to please everyone. You should be thankful of what you have instead of searching for something that’s totally absurd. You have no idea how lucky you are and how many people die to be in your place. Chanyeol is one of them actually but he is crazy so I don’t think he can be like you in any time. And—And i envy you, no I admire you! You have no idea how amazing you are and the things you do! You might not handsome but you are cute, you have that glorious voice that will put Kim Junsu in shame and I don’t see anything wrong with your body so stop degrading youself. It’s not healthy!”

The smaller male is lost for words and he is not sure if he’s hearing it right but, “Kim Jongin, did you just... flatter me?”

“H-huh?”

“You just said I am cute and I’m amazing.”

 

Jongin clamps a hand at his mouth and a slight tint of red paints his cheeks. Idiot, he hisses inwardly, why can’t you just shut your mouth for a minute and keep it for yourself?

He clears his throat once again and keeps his cool.

“W-whatever! Anyway I have something to cheer you up!”

 

Kyungsoo has never imagine he will be in a toilet of a grand ballroom, spewing his insecurities to a not-really-a-stranger in a cubicle in which the person flatters him as a response and also handing him a bouquet of flower. The same bouquet he wanted to catch earlier. He look at the thing and Jongin repeatedly and trying to put one and two together.

“....What is this?”

“What do you think it is? It’s a bouquet.” Jongin replies while rolling his eyes.

“For me?”

“Do I even have to answer that, Kyungsoo-sshi?”

 

The director stares at his intern, perplexed by the younger’s sudden action. Jongin squirms lightly on his toe, still a bit flush because he just gives his boss a handful of flowers; leaving Kyungsoo speechless yet he doesn’t fail to notice the two top buttons of Jongin’s shirt have been unbotton and his slightly messy hair, added with the effect of the dim light (and that lips) makes the younger looks... hot. Kyungsoo slaps himself mentally.

“But the garter...”

“I gave it to Chanyeol,” Jongin cuts still refusing to look at his boss in the eye and when Kyungsoo still make no efforts to accept the bouquet, he forcefully shove it to his hands. “Things like that don’t really matter to me. Beside Chanyeol needs a new phone so I gave him the garter.”

Oh so the prize is a cellphone.

“And the bouquet?”

“I—The girl said I can have it, she only wanted the prize anyway. Unlike someone who takes this stupid tossing game seriously.” Jongin explains and mutters the last part.

“What was that?”

“NOTHING!” he quickly answers, “Anyway now you should—take responsibilities!”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen.

“What the hell? What am I responsible of? Stealing someone’s hand bouquet?!”

Jongin crosses his arms and finally stare at the older male.

“Have a date with me!”

“WHAT?!” by this time Kyungsoo has risen up his seat and gawks at Jongin as if he grows another head.

“You heard me Kyungsoo-sshi. You should go on a date with me. I’m giving you the flower meaning I’m giving you the chance of me getting married and pass it to you. You must take responsibilities because of that.”

“Who asks you to give the garter to that stupid friend of yours?! And it’s not like I ask you to bring me the freaking flowers!”

“First of all, don’t call Chanyeol stupid because he actually studies law and has GPA of 3,89 this semester and second yes I’m willingly gave the garter to him which means I gave him the chance to get married first and yes you didn’t ask me for the flowers but I’m giving it up to you. So can you at least be nice and be thankful for what I did? Because the last time I check someone is really depressed because of the damn flowers.”

The small male starts to wonder if the college boy has drunk or simply gone mad because of the stress he gets for the past two months because none of these are make sense. A little part of his heart clenches a bit when he realizes there is a possibility the younger mocks him in a way but he quickly waves it off.

“Didn’t you say that things like this don’t matter?” he shots back.

“Yes but you matter to me!”

 

Jongin doesn’t know where he find the courage to blurt it out. To be honest, he himself is shock as the words roll out so naturally from his mouth and damn it feels great. He doesn’t know what will happen next but what’s done is done so whatever. It isn’t like he will be so heartbroken if Kyungsoo refuse him or slap him on the face and blacklisting him for the his entire life. Right?

“Kim Jongin, I have no time to play around with you now go home!” Kyungsoo grits his teeth and launches himself forward, wanting to pass the younger as he looks down on the floor. Truthfully his heart is pounding so fast and if the younger can see it his face is on fire. It’s so red that Kyungsoo feels he resembles boiled crab he just eaten 3 hours ago. Who is this boy dare to say such... unappropriate things to him?  and in a toilet cubicle. Totally unappropriate.

 

"Wait!"  Jongin grabs the small male's wrist, effectively stoping him from getting away.

"What is it Kim Jongin?!"

"Can't we at least have dinner tomorrow?"

"No."

"It's a friendly dinner, goddamn it!"

"Stop saying that! I'm still older than  you!" Kyungsoo snaps. He tries to pry his hand off the younger but it only to make the tighten the grip.

 

"okay I'm sorry Kyungsoo sshi but I'm serious. I'd like to take you to dinner and if it makes you comfortable, just see it as a thank you from me because you have been so nice to me and Chanyeol instead of kicking our asses to jail." jongin sighs.

Kyungsoo glares at the younger but says nothing nontheless. He chews his bottom lip and thinks about Jongin's proposal. It's just dinner, with a colleague. What is wrong with that? He rolls his eyes and nods.

"Fine, whatever."

"HOLY SHI-- I mean yeay!" he laughs awkwardly, and Kyungsoo holds the urge to roll his eyes to the back of his head "So see you at 7 tomorrow?"

"Suit yourself Jongin but if some weird rumors spread because of your so called dinner I will kill you instantly!"

 

The handsome tan male grins widely, "noted, boss!"

"And if this dinner thing makes me cursed for a lifetime and I'd end up dying alone in my bed you  will be the who should be responsible for that."

 

Kyungsoo lets out a yelp as Jongin takes his hand and kiss the back of his palm.

"I will gladly take the responsibility right now if you wish." he winks and smirks playfully.

 

Seconds later, his face succesfully meets the bouquet in Kyungsoo's other hand with a loud smack.

 

- END -

NOTE: If you dont know about garter tossing, you might have to google it since i have no idea how explain it O.O