넷...

사랑하지마

“taehyunnie?” mark’s deep voice disconcerted taehyun from his thoughts.

“mark hyung, thank-you for coming.” taehyun was touched, for they had not known each other for long at all but a simple text message (“:c cheer up ur fav dongsaeng?”) was all it took for mark to arrive outside the lobby at 4:30am, precisely 15 minutes after taehyun has sent the text message.

mark looked really cute with bedhead, taehyun was almost happy to have disturbed the boys sleep. “here you go…” taehyun titled his head in confusion but his curiosities were soon evaporated when mark offered an oversized sunflower wrapped in mint green coloured paper.

“huh… taekwoon hyung was right,  bigger version of things make people happy… I thought it was just he was basically dating a giant child… well, who knows if taekwoon hyung was talking about something else…? i’ll have to have coffee with jaehwan hyung sometime soon…” mark quickly shock his head to eliminate untimely and unsuitable thoughts. after quickly snapping out of it, he saw taehyun smiling adoringly at the sunflower. mark’s almost sorry for stealing a flower out of his mother’s beloved greenhouse… almost.

“hyung, you know this is the first time i’ve ever received a flower? thank-you.” taehyun’s eyes were twinkling  with unshed tears. mark’s hands took both sides of taehyun’s head and looked into his eyes.

“if you cry, i’ll take the flower back!”

the silly comment distracted taehyun and he chuckled and pretended to protect his flower.

taehyun asked to borrow mark’s phone whilst asking the latter to also hold the sunflower. snap a picture of mark holding the flower near his chest was uploaded to instagram with the caption “there’s a lot of firsts with you. thank-you, hyung!!!”

“i want to show you something?” mark reluctantly offers, but taehyun’s beam gave the obvious answer away.

back at the dorm, song mino had locked himself in his room, unable to shake his feelings of self-hatred and regret no matter how hard he tried.

outside the door, the leader had called an emergency meeting with jinwoo and seunghoon.

“so, does anyone have an idea how we can fix this?”

seunghoon scoffed at their leaders question, “hyung, it’s like you don’t pay attention when we watch dramas or when i recommend fanfiction to you!!! this kind of angst-y thing happens just before the happy ending!”

mark had brought taehyun to a park, luscious green covered the entire place. they halted in front of a particularly normal looking tree. mark had laid out his bag on the soil surrounding the trees roots, suggesting that taehyun lay his sunflower on top of his things. mark had climbed up the first branch easily, urging taehyun to follow him. the higher they got, the harder it was to climb but mark had held taehyun’s hand whenever the younger needed it (even if the younger never asked).

soon enough, mark let out a noise of relief. they had arrived near the peak of the tree, there was a indentation  in front of the two of them, just right for two people. mark was ever the gentleman; going first and helping taehyun sit comfortably and safely at his side.

taehyun was awed at the view before them. a field of flowers and plants of different variations against the backdrop of a lone tree’s presence, cotton-like clouds and not-quite-blinding sun. it was nothing short of a scene from a once-upon-a-time story (but it didn’t quite feel like the happy ending that the books always promised).

“this is my safe place, well… metaphorically, anyway hahah!” mark was sporting crimson stained cheeks but taehyun found it to be the (second) most adorable thing ever.

no matter how hard he tried, he could not stop the comparisons between the hyung who gave him flowers to the one who makes him feel like he’s worthy of the stars in the sky.

mark’s looking at him with a face that screams adoration and no matter how hard he tried to deny it, song mino was a ing idiot. but he was nam taehyun’s idiot.