Chapter 06

I Hate My Twin Brother!

Chapter 06 - The Newly Crowned Ace
“Woah, you're so cool!


Ye Jin's POV

Another day has passed. I did my daily routine: wash up, brush my teeth, change into my uniform and eat breakfast. A lot of things already happened on the first day of school. I've met and made new friends. Especially, I saw that band again and I'm one of the members — not officially since I haven't met all the members just Hyeri and Suho. I bet Suho would be happy that I said yes. I also have to say sorry for leaving him in the hallway yesterday. 

I was suppose to meet them yesterday but mom and dad called us to go back immediately since there was some guest and I couldn't just pass. I'm quite relieved that I didn't get to see them. I don't know. I just feel nervous when Hyeri said to me that I'll meet them after class immediately. 

Jungkook didn't go to class, at all. Teachers were furious that he wasn't showing up that they even blame Hyeri because they are family. Hyeri was angry too. She said something in a scary but funny way: "I can't wait for school to finish so I can punch that ty brat right across his face!" I don't really know what to react yesterday. Should I laugh or not? But I laughed anyway. I'm really happy that I met Hyeri. She seems fun to be with. 

Su Jin came to my room and insisted to do my hair. I told her that no one really touches my hair because I never let them even my mom doesn't touch my hair but she really wanted to do it so I let her. It was just a simple fishtail braid. I don't usually do braid but hey it's nice to try new things right? After she finished doing my hair, I bid my goodbye to her and went down to go to the car. One of dad's bodyguard became our driver and drove us to school.

I stepped out of the car once we reached school but of course I said thanks to the driver. I walked inside the school. I see Hyeri standing near the main stairs. I guess she's waiting for someone? Sehun, I guess? 

"Hyeri!" I wave my hand at her. 

She smiled at me and ran. "Ye Jin! Come with me!" She grabs my hand and drags me with her. 

"Woah! Where are we going? Why are we rushing?" 

"We're going to meet the members of U-turn!" 

"What?! Now?!" I shouted. I said sorry to the teachers who saw and heard us. "Yeah. Yeah. They're really excited ya know?" 

I'm excited too and nervous, of course, but there's still class and I can't skip class. I'll do that when I'm already at school for 3 months. And not the second day. "Hyeri! What about class?!" She just laugh at me. "Chill, Suho already informed our teachers that we're not going to attend class so it's fine besides they can't resist Suho! Move! People coming through!" She wave her hand to the students walking in the middle of the hallway. They obeyed immediately and moved. 

We went up then right and left and straight. Where is their room anyway? Why is it so far? 

We finally stopped in front of a room. The door has this sign with their band name on it. I guess they rented the room? Or they owned it already? Oh, whatever. Hyeri knocked on the door. Nah, just kidding. She took out a card and swipe it in the thingy. I don't know how to call it. It's the same as how you swipe your credit cards. The door finally opened and we went in. The room was big. It's the same size as the classrooms. It's full of instuments and it's beautiful. 

"Hyeri noona!" Someone hugged Hyeri and I guess it's Jimin?

Hyeri tried to push him away. "Get away from me you, flirt!" Yup it's Jimin. He let go and pouted but his expression change once he saw me. He ran towards me and smiled. 

"And who are you may I ask?" 

"I'm Kim Ye Jin" I said while looking at him weirdly. He suddendly grabs my hand. "Ye Jin huh? What a nice name. My name is Park Jimin. You can call me Jimin or the man of your dreams."

He was about to kiss my hand but Hyeri grabbed his hair and pulled him away from me. "Ouch! Noona! Why?! And not the hair! Didn't I tell you that?" He stand up as he did fell down and went to the mirror to fix his har. I giggled. I guess me and Jimin will be good friends as we have something in common: our hair. 

"It's so early and you guys are fighting" Suho paused when he saw me. He just went out of another room? I guess it was a closet or something. "Ye Jin?!" I wave my hand at him. "Hi, Joonmyeon." I don't know why I call him by his real name as people do call him Suho. 

"What are you doing here?" I explained everything to him. There's nothing to explain that much, you know? "I joined the band because of Hyeri." I pointed at her then she flips her hair. I guess she was really proud. Suho, again, paused then drags Hyeri to the room or closet. Wait- no! Now this would be really awkward as I was left with the other 3 members and all of them are boys!

Jimin was still fixing his hair and complementing his self in front of the mirror. It's quite creepy, though. Sehun was tuning his guitar. I don't know why I think he hates me because when I got in he was glaring at me. Or is it just my imagination? Jungkook was sleeping in the corner. He looks so peacful and not cold at all. I wonder what Suho and Hyeri are talking about. They should hurry up as this atmosphere is getting awkward. "Ye Jin! You're a noona right?" I divert my gaze to Jimin who was done fixing his hair.

I nodded. "Yeah, you're one year younger than us right?"

"Yes!"

"That's cool. But you don't have to really call me noona. You can just call me by my name!" I smiled at him and he smiles back. I've got to say he does have a handsome and cute smile.

 

Hyeri's POV 

Suho dragged me into the other room inside our room. I still don't know what's this room for. It's more like a closet 'cause all our other clothes are here. In case if we ever ruin our clothes at school, we have a backup. I push his hand away as it was hurting my arm. "What? I brought her here. Aren't you happy?" 

"I am happy but how? How did you manage to convice her to join our group? I thought she doesn't want to join?" 

"You're just a loser when recruiting people." 

He look at me. "I'm serious here, Hyeri."

I sighed. "I lied to be honest." 

"Huh? What do you mean you lied?" 

I explained everything to him that I used his twin as an excuse. I also told her that I have a big sister that's better than me that I feel how she feels but I don't, really. He, of course, critisized me and scold me for doing it. I don't really any choice! We don't have much time or gigs at all. The last gig was at that club and they weren't even satisfied because Jungkook's voice doesn't have that feeling — just a cold feeling because of his personality. I do feel guilty. I didn't even get any sleep last night but I'm bored and tired that we aren't getting any gigs. And I feel bad for Suho because he's trying best to find us a gig and I just want to help him. "We need to kick her out. Just tell her we don't need her anymore."

"What?! She's already here! She said yes. We don't to kick her out. Just it up for awhile and didn't you say she's the one we need? She'll bring us gigs you know? I know I lied to her., I feel guilty! But I'm doing this for the band and for her sake too. Because if she joins she might be recognize as better than her brother! C'mon it's a win win situation." 

He sighed. "You're right. But if she finds out that you lied! It's not my problem anymore." I nodded. "If you keep quiet then she won't find out about it." I told him. Maybe in awhile we might forget about this thing. "Can I leave now?" He nodded and I opened the door. 

I see Ye Jin already talking comfortably with Jimin. "Okay! Okay! How about let's introduce ourselves to Ye Jin?" We all nodded. "Jungkook! You bastard, wake up!" I said kicking his side. He groaned. He opens his eyes and looked at me then closed his eyes again. 

"Anyway, he's Jeon Jungkook our lead guitarist and former lead vocalist." I said. "I'm Lee Hyeri, bass!" 

"I'm Park Jimin, drums!" He winks at Ye Jin making her chuckle. 

"Suho, their manager." He salutes. 

"I'm Oh Sehun, the other lead guitarist and pianist." I ran towards him and sat beside him. He is my boyfriend anyway. 

"Good news guys!" We all look at Suho. "I found as a gig!" 

Me and Jimin shouted yes and congratulate Suho for his hard work. "When is the gig?" He scratch his nape. "Uh.. later at 5 pm"

"What?! As in this day? But we haven't even practice with Ye Jin as our vocalist. We haven't even pick a some songs yet." I said. Ye Jin agreed with me cause she did nod. Suho just laughed and took out some papers. "Here. I came prepared. These are some songs that Ye Jin can sing because they are girl songs. Just look over it as I try to wake up that bastard at the corner." He said and took Jimin's drumstick. 

Ye Jin sat beside me and look at the music sheets. "I think I can work with that." She nods and smile. "Yah! Why did you hit me?!" Jungkook shouted. 

"Okay! Everybody's ready so let's start practicing!" Suho said. Everybody went to their instruments. I distributed the other papers to them. The first song is Moya by AOA Black. We didn't let Ye Jin sing because she was still memorizing the song and we were still trying to get the song right. 

"5 6 7 8!" I shouted and we started playing our instruments. I stopped because we weren't in sync. "Jimin you're going too fast."

"And Sehun, the way you played the keyboard is a bit low." 

"Sorry noona! It's just that it's a girl song and I'm a bit new to it." Jimin said.

"Yeah what he said." Sehun nodded. 

"Well you have to it up! Again! 5 6 7 8!" 

And again we weren't in sync. It hurts my ears to be honest. "Umm, can I just say something?" We all looked at Ye Jin. "Sure." I responded. 

She walks towards Jimin. "May I?" Jimin nodded and gave his drumsticks to Ye Jin. "Why don't you try playing the drums like this?" Before she could even play the drums, Jungkook butted in. "Do you even know how to play the drums?" 

She shook her head. "No but" 

"Then how the hell can you teach Jimin to play it nicely?" Jungkook said coldly. Ye Jin looked down. She was obviously hurt. "Oh shut up Jungkook! Just go and play Ye Jin." I said and smiled at her. She smiled back.

She tooks a deep breath and played. My eyes sparkled. She was really good that I started playing too. We were in sync! Better than awhile ago and better than Jimin! She stopped playing and smiled. "That was awesome, Ye Jin!" Jimin said. She gave the sticks to Jimin and went to Sehun next. 

"Try playing at this side of the keyboard." Sehun stepped aside and let Ye Jin play. She gave me the can-you-play-with-me? look. And I nodded. We both played again and as expected it was good! Wow. I can't believe she can play. "That's about it right? And I don't really know how to play the keyboard but that's how you play the song!" She said and smiled. "Why don't we try playing it huh?" She continues. We all nodded and played together. 

It's cool how she can sing and rap. The song kinda changes into rap sometimes and I can't believe she didn't ran out of breath.

"Oh oh oh AOA oh oh AOA oh oh. Yeah! Say what? Oh oh oh." 

We all clapped when the song was finished. It was amazing! "Eiip! We're going to get more gigs. You're awesome Ye Jin!" I said giving her a thumbs up. She giggles and smiles. 

"How did you even play the drums and keyboard when you haven't even play it before?" Suho asked. 

"Well I just use my sense of hearing and watched them play carefully? I don't really know. It just hit me or something." She shrugs. 

"Isn't that what you call musically inclined?" I asked. They all shrugged. "She could be the ace of the group!" Jimin exclaimed. 

"Yeah! Yeah!" I agreed. Suho and the others agreed but Jungkook didn't respond as he was listening to music. He doesn't really listen to our group meeting. "Oh no no no. You don't have to crown me as an ace. I'm not really that good." She waves both her hand. 

"Oh c'mon. Ye Jin! Didn't you know that Hyeri is the queen, Jungkook is the king, Sehun and me are the jack and Suho is the joker. And you could be the ace!" Jimin said. She look at us weirdly. 

"Our fans call us that. I don't even know why?" I said. "Anyway, just it up. You are really good Ye Jin!" 

"Okay! Okay! Try to talk later since we still have four more songs to practice." Suho clapped his hands and we all started to play everything. 

 


 author's corner: a newly crowned ace is born! let's find out what will happen next! stay tuned neh?

Comment, upvote, subscribe. < 3