Chapter 03

I Hate My Twin Brother!

Chapter 03 - U-turn
“You have a beautiful voice.


Ye Jin's POV

We've finally arrive at Seoul. I'm unpacking my bags now. It was a long flight but the food was great because we were staying at a first class. I heard the food in the economy class is icky but I don't know. I heard it from my classmates. Besides I've never been to economy class.

The house in Korea is big. Nothing much of a difference to the one at L.A. It just gives off that traditional Korean vibe because of the furniture and stuff. It means I have to decorate my room! Yeay! The color is just bland. The walls are brown. So maybe I'll plan it next time. I put my clothes at my new closet. There was a rack so I put my shoes on it. 

"Jinnie!!" And here comes the annoying . Excuse my language. 

"What?!" I shout. 

"Time to eat! Mom prepared some sandwiches. Nutella filling!" 

Gosh I can't say no to Nutella. Ugh. "I'll be going down!" I answered. He said okay and left. I finished everything up. Of course, before leaving, I took my skateboard and change.I'm still kinda wearing the one I wore when I was still in L.A. I also took my bag and put all the necessary things there. I want to roam around for a bit. I quickly rush down. I took some sandwiches — put one in my mouth — the other one on my hand and went out. 

"Hey! Where are you going, missy?! You just got here!" I stopped from walking. And took the bread off my mouth. "Eh- I'm going to explore the place!" 

"Then bring Kai with you. Maybe you'll get" Before my dad could even finish his sentence, I in. "Nope! I'm fine. Bye!" I took a bite of the sandwich and then ride my skateboard. It's a bit chilly here. It's not snowing just like how people describe Korea. 

Soon I reach the main road where I can see everything — shops, restaurants, cars and etc. It's really beautiful here in Korea. I stop using my skateboard. I just wanna walk now. And plus, they're many people and kids walking, running and playing. I might hit them while using my board. Great thing I brought my wallet, there's so many food to eat. There's also many vendors unlike in L.A. You still have to go in and out! 

I stop at a stand. She was selling some red rice cake. I know it's a ddeokbokki. I've tatste one before and it's awesome! The spiciness is just impeccable. The old lady smiled at me and asked if she could do anything for me. "Ahjumma, can I get 5 of those?" I pointed at the ddeokbokki. Of course, I talker in Korean. It would have been stupid if I talked in English. I took my wallet out and payed her. 

"Kamsahamnida!" I bowed a bit and she smiled again. "No problem. Come back again, neh? You're so cute by the way." I said laughed and said thanks again. 

I started walking again but when I heard the old lady say something that caught my attention. "Hey! You look like that cute girl who just bought some ddeokbokki. Are you guys related? Or I'm just seeing things?" 

"You're seeing things, ma'am!" I know that voice! That not so deep voice of my annoying twin brother, Kai! I turn around and it was him! He was scratching the back of his head. I knew it! I can really sense — since a while ago — someone's following me. Mom must've told him to follow me. Oh c'mon. I'm not a baby anymore that needs supervision. I'm the same old as that and I can take care of myself better than him. When he's young he's always bullied by the other guys because girls only fawn over him and not them. I always have to help him. I can't just leave him or mom and dad will get angry at me for not helping him. 

The old lady said something again. "Omo! The likeness is uncanny. Perhaps are you guys siblings??"

"Yes ahjumma. We're twins, actually" I said trying not to sound pissed.

"Wow! Really? You're so handsome and pretty. I bet your mom and dad is too. Here! here!" She took some of her ddeokbokkies and place it on a container and gave it to Kai. "It's on the house for being so cute and I really haven't seen twins before. I did but only on tv that Kpop group Crayon Pop and what's the other one? The one with twin boys?" 

"Boyfriend?" I asked and she nodded like a little kid. "It's quite cool to see girl and boy twin also. Here!" She keeps on giving the plastic bag to Kai but he keeps on refusing too. "We could just pay for it ahjumma. You don't have to give it to us for free."

"Oh no, no no! You guys take it. Your new in the country aren't ya?" 

​I walk near Kai and nodded. "How did you know?" Kai asked. 

"Well I always know the faces of my customers and those people who always walk here. And you kind look like foreigners, to be honest." I can't argue with that. Some people say we don't look a bit like Koreans. We're often mistaken for Japanese or maybe people are just dumb to know the difference between Koreans and Japanese. But we do look like Americans since my dad is 1/2 American, making us 1/4 American too. Wait, that's how it works right? I at math that's why I'm always second in ranking and Kai is always first. 

After a few tries of telling the old lady that we'll pay for it, we gave up and took the food. We can't just stay there and argue all day. Besides people were looking at us. Kai was, obviously, following me. I keep telling him to go back but he wouldn't budge. He said that mom and dad will kill him if he leaves me. Like that will happen. Tch. 

We keep on going to shops, eat some other foods, bought some interesting things. Not too long it was getting dark. It was kinda fast considering the fact that we got here at 3 pm and now it's 6 pm but I still want to explore the place. There's still more to see, to be honest. 

"Jinnie. Let's go back home. It's getting late. And dark. Mom will kill us."

"Then you go back. I'm staying. I still want to see more."

"But!"

I turn around. "Just go back if you want to go back! I don't really need you okay? I'm fine on my own and I can take care of myself. I know the way back so if you want to go home. Go!" I said everything in English so people wouldn't know what we're talking about. I stomp away — brows knitted together and hands turning into a fist. I can hear him calling my name but I did not turn around. 

I kept on walking and walking. "Jinnie!" He grabs my arm and stops me. "Let go of me Kai." 

I try to get my arm free. "Okay fine. We can go roam around for a bit more but only one more place. Please!" I can see from his eyes that he's scared and wants to go home. I don't even know why he's scared of mom and dad. I think he's in the stage where he rebels from them. If he did do that, I would have treat him like a brother but NO and it's annoying. I rolled my eyes and nodded. He's expression turned into a smile. I push his face away because it was annoying. I started to walk again.

There wasn't anymore fun to see, to be honest. But I still didn't want to go home plus they're not calling anyway. I kicked one rock that was on the way until it landed somewhere near an alley. I followed it to kick it again but something caught my eye. There were some people — about my age — going inside some door. I keep on walking towards it until Kai stopped me. "Hey! Where are you going?" 

"There" I pointed at the door. 

"That doesn't look good though." I can see that he was uneasy. Pfft, . I grab the knob and twist it. Music boomed out of the room. It was dark but it did have those disco balls and lights that show different colors. I went inside and Kai followed. It looks like a club. I've never been one unless you count party in a house. I've always wanted to go but mom and dad said not to go cause I might go home drunk.

There were a lot of teenagers though. It's not your typical club that has more older people than younger ones. People were dancing. There was even a circle that crowded some guys competing who's good at dancing. There were some who's drinking and mingling. "Jinnie, how about let's go outside and go back home. You already saw the place so let's go!" He pulls me away but I flick his hand of my arm. 

"Oh c'mon you . Stop being such a loser. Can't you just chill? Don't you love to dance? Why don't you join them? Cause I will." I run to the dance floor and bust out a few moves. 

 

Kai's POV

This is not good. We're inside a club. I know I'm acting like a girl but, ugh, it's just that something might hapne to Jinnie. She's really precious to me even though we fight. I'm still her older brother so I have to act like one. Why do I have to act like some gay? 

People starts to crowd her. Guys are checking her out too. "Hey, that chick can dance." "Maybe I could ask for her number later?" No! You guys cannot. I have to do something. I'll just drive the people's attention away from her. I went to the dance floor. I try to listen to the music and feel it first until my body took over. 

 

3rd Person's/Author's POV

Kai's plan on deriving people's attention from her sister worked. Everybody was gathering around him. Girls were fawning over him. Boys were impressed by him. Ye Jin was left with few crowds. She eventually stopped when she saw who was dancing. She was furious of course. You can almost see fire on her eyes.  Just when she was in a zone her own brother took the attention away. "That attention-seeker." Ye Jin muttered. 

"Gosh! That guy looks so hot!"

"He's such a good dancer!"

"I'm impressed. But I'm better." 

She was about to make a scene but then the dj took everybody's attention. "Yo! Yo! Yo! I think the dance floor just got hot. Whoo!" Everybody shouted. 'Hooray' 'Whoo' and other more. Kai stopped dancing and walked near Ye Jin. Ye Jin walked away a bit. 

"Well,  let's stop for a while and welcome a cool band!" He paused then continued. "Let's welcome U-Turn!!" 

Everybody started shouting again. Some girls tried to go in front and some were just meh. Ye Jin didn't know who they were so she was curious. 'Who's U-turn?' She thought. Not too long, the band came. There were three boys and one girl. The short guy with a cool and handsome smile played the drums. The girl played the bass. The guy with a checkered clothing played the electric guitar and the last boy with a cold aura played the other electric guitar. 

"1 2 3" the drummer counted and started playing. The boy with a cold aura started singing. He's voice was cold but soothing. The girls started screaming. The boys were impressed but feel nothing. Kai was immeresed too but Ye Jin was really into the song. She didn't care about how they look. She din't care about the band. The thing she cared about is the music and the one singing it. 'Whoah, he's voice. The music. The way they played the song is awesome.' She thought.

They were playing Sorry by CNBlue. "Ne majimak mareun geu chagaun mareun. I’m sorry (I’m sorry) I’m sorry (I’m sorry). Saranghandadeoni nabakke eopdadeoni. Oh geureoko geureon geojitmariya."

Ye Jin knows the song that she started singing too. Little did she know that someone was watching her. Not Kai but someone else. He smiled at how beautiful her voice is. And really impressed that she's not like the other girls who will just scream. 

After the song was finish, tthe guy approached Ye Jin. "Hey, you have a beautiful voice." Ye Jin smiled. "Thanks!" Kai saw the whole scene, he thought the guy was hitting on her sister, so he dragged her out. The guy was shocked of course until he saw his face. And was shocked even more when he saw they look alike. 

"Hey! Hey! What are you doing? Let me go!" Ye Jin pushed Kai away. 

"Nothing. That guy was hitting on you!"

"He's not! Ugh. Whatever." Ye Jin left him there but he quickly followed. 

 

The guy walked near the band and clapped. "Good job you guys! Another gig, finish as a success."

"Yeah! So how much money did we get?" The girl asked. The guy showed the money and it was a bit dissapointing. "The manager of the club didn't like it that much but hey we still have another gig next week." They all sighed. The drummer passed some of the water bottles to them. 

"We really need to step up!" The girl said. The guy snapped his fingers. "Hey! Remember when we were trying to recruit a lead vocalist?" 

All of them nodded. "I think we found her." 

"Her?!" 

 


 author's corner: ooh i wonder who are those people! ahahaha. anyway please do comment. i love reading comments ya know? it makes me more energized and inspired to make chapters but i'm not forcing you guys heh. 

comment, upvote, subscribe. < 3