Friendzoned

Platonic Love

Early in the morning, you were awaken by the knock sound of your bedroom door. You walked lazily as you tried hard to open your eyes wide. Soon after you opened the door, you were surprised by Kris’ presence.

“Kris? Do you need something?”

“go change to your training suits, I’ll wait you outside” He rufles your hair and patted your head lightly “make it quick” he smiled

You quickly went to the bathroom. You brushed your teeth and washed your face. You changed into your only one training suits and tied your hair up. You checked yourself for the last time and runs outside to find Kris who jumped to peek at Daeun’s house.

You called him and he immediately grabbed your hand and dragged you. He started to jog and you follow him behind. His steps were slow, for you who hate running to catch up with him.

“where’s Daeun? Your mom said Daeun loves to jog in the morning?” You immediately stop your jog and it made Kris ran back to you. You held your knees, pretended to catch some breath.

“you’re here just to meet Daeun?” you asked without even looking him

“yes” Kris answered it easily. You straightened your body, stretched for a while and then started to run again leaving Kris behind. Because of his long legs, he could catch you up easily and now you’re running with Kris beside you. You lead him to the park and he smiled widely after he found Daeun there sat on the bench.

Daeun waved at you two and walked toward both of you and Kris.

“for the first time in forever you are exercising, Song Ahra ssi?” Daeun teased but you just let out a single laugh

“yeah, this Mr. America forced me to accompany him” you punched Kris stomach and he jerked

“wow, you got a great punch there miss” Kris frowned but then laugh together with you and Daeun

You three walked back to your house together. You laughed by Kris’s lame jokes and his failed attempt to catch Daeun’s attention. Daeun always played hard to get with every boys, you had seen this side of her many times but you can’t stop amazed by it. Daeun didn’t fall in love that easily, even though, there are a lot of boys who wanted her.

Who wouldn’t fall for her? Yoo Daeun, the ‘always-win-female-dancer’ in Gangnam, no one could beat her dancing skills, her perfect visual, and her y body portion. Daeun’s a perfect package. But she didn’t act like one. She’s very humble. She didn’t go out with others except you.

“do you remember when we were kids we always run together, Daeun always be the winner and Ahra was the loser” Kris said. He walked backwards so you could see his handsome face under the shining sun light.

“I remember of course.. I had to buy you greentea ice cream whenever I lost” you pouted. Daeun and Kris laughed over your action. Their laugh were your remedy. You felt so happy and energized when you heard their laugh. You always thank to God because you had Daeun and Kris in your life.

“hey Mr. America..wanna bet? I will win today just like I used to when we were kids” Daeun started to run, leaving you and Kris behind

“God, she is crazy! And I’m crazy about her!” Kris screamed and smiled widely. He patted your shoulder then ran. You just stood up there, watched their back leaving you.

 

--

 

Kris laid his back on the grass in front of your house while tried hard to catch his breath. He lost again. Daeun’s skills are still the same. She’s a fast runner. Daeun stand next to Kris, enjoyed the view of her bestfriend.

“I never accept defeat, Kris” Daeun scoofed

“But I really enjoy losing” Kris stood up and towered Daeun in a second

“you enjoy losing in a race?” Daeun pointed her finger in Kris’ chest, showing her y smirk

“who’s talking about the race? I’m talking about losing my heart” Kris grabbed Daeun fingers and kiss them gently, he smirked between the kiss.

“excuse but I don’t let losers touch me” Daeun pulled her hands out of Kris’ grip then she walked away to her house.

 

--

 

Daeun entered her house with a smile that never leave her pretty face. She took a bath and hummed to the song she played. She looked at her mother’s picture and caressed her fingers on it.

“mom….for the first time I’ve looked at a guy and I felt something..but this can’t be love. Love can’t happen like this. I thought when I fall in love, I would be on cloud nine. I though I’d shy to look at him. But this is nothing like that. But still… I like him. It’s easy to be friendly with anyone…but….love is something I know nothing about..”

 

--

 

You were too focused with the college application form until you didn’t recognize there’s someone beside you. Kris entered your room when he saw you sat unmoved in front of your computer. You blinked at Kris nervously, trying to hide the monitor screen with both of your hands but Kris could still see it.

“Vancouver College of Art and Design?” He took a glance and then frowned at you

You didn’t answer him but continue to finish the application form.

“Sorry, I knocked for several times but you didn’t hear it, and because the door is open I thought is okay to enter…” Kris stood up, about to leave the room but you grab his wrist made him to sit again

“no, it’s okay..” you smiled at him. You didn’t know it but Kris really love your smile. He felt so hyped out whenever he saw you smiled or laughed at him.

“you’re gonna apply for VCAD? Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“it should be a surprise to be honest, but you ruined it” you pointed your finger at Kris

Kris watched your work and waited until you finished it. He walked around your room for awhile because he felt bored. He couldn’t hide his happy face when he found the ‘First Love’ book that always he read before he went to sleep.

“Ahra, I don’t know that you love this book? I thought it’s only Daeun whom read this kind of book? She always mentioned it on her email!” You turned to Kris and found him waved at you with the book in his hand. You only smiled at him, tried to hide your nervousness.

“and this room is…….this is the same room where Daeun used to write to me from?” He asked

“yes, Daeun always reply your email in this room and she still used this computer, although she already had one” you lied

Kris went back to sit beside you. He gave you the soft look and you just shrugged, afraid that Kris would see your blushed face.

“why didn’t you ever email me?” Kris’ question surprised you enough. You bite your lower lips, thinking what good answer you should give to him.

“If I did would you reply to me like you replied to Daeun?”

“and what’s that supposed to mean?” he hissed

“that’s the point! Anyway forget it” you giggled “you really like Daeun don’t you?”

Kris laid his head on his arm. He smiled at your question.

“you are her friend, I can tell you..” you looked down at Kris straightly at his eyes, waiting for his anwer

“you know, without meeting each other, without having seen each other, we….”

“we know everything about each other” you cut his sentence. Kris smiled and patted your head

“not just that…perhaps we started to fall in love” he laughed at his own answer, felt so ashamed by it

Your were slightly hurt by Kris’ answer, but his touch on your hair healed it at once. You took your courage to touch his eyebrows and trailed your finger on it. He seemed okay by it and you smiled. He smiled back at you.

“this is such a beautiful bond..” you hummed

Kris stood up suddenly and stretch his body “and what makes it so perfect is that Daeun is so pretty! Good night, Ahra! See you tomorrow! Good luck with your college application!” Kris walked out your room.

You knew how hurt your heart is, but you just ignore it.


 

HAHA 

I'm back!! not so many subbies but I will keep posting this story! 

and thank you for you guys who subbed for this fic!! <3 <3 <3

please comment! I will really appreciate it! :))