First Leaving

Platonic Love

Seoul, 2000

People already start their daily routine and running through the hallway in the airport since this early morning. You ships your hot chocolate with full cautions to not to burn your tongue. The adults were sharing hugs and kisses before they left. Your father’s bestfriend, Mr. Wu had to leave to Canada to run his restaurant business. No one knew when will Mr. Wu back to Korea. They had Chinese blood runs in them. But they lived in Korea for almost 10 years and in those period, Mr. Wu made friend with your father and Mr. Yoo. These three fathers are in a good term. No one could destroy their friendship.

You were friend with their child. Wu Yifan and Yoo Daeun. You always admire Yifan for his good looking face and Daeun for her tall figure. Yifan likes Daeun. You were alerted by that. Yifan couldn’t stop looking at Daeun everytime you were together.

“ehm Yifan, you will sent us e-mail in every week right?” you asked

“yes, I will. One for you, and one for Daeunie!” Yifan grinned

“for me? But you know I didn’t have my own computer, I can’t reply to your emails then” Daeun laughed and punched Yifan’s shoulder

“oh yeah I forgot. But Ahra has it! You could borrow her computer to read and reply my emails!” Yifan drags me by my waist but his eyes kept hanging onto Daeun, I just smiled and slid myself away from his grip.

“yeah, Yifan is right. You could use my computer…”

Our conversation was cut because Mr. Wu had to called Yifan and left the last goodbye greetings to us. Mr and Mrs Wu kissed me and Daeun. They said they’ll miss us and they hope they could meet us again in the future.

“me too, aunty.. I hope we can meet again in the future. Please have a safe flight! I love you, aunty~ and Yifan…. I will miss you” I said. My face was reddened like a tomato that time. Yifan let out his cute laugh and hug me.

“I will miss you too, Ahra..” Yifan separated the hug and walked away, but before he completely disappeared, Yifan left a peck on Daeun’s fluffy cheeks.

 

Dear, Daeun

Canada is amazing! Tall buildings and crowded places are everywhere! We live in Vancouver. There are many Asian’s families here. And I’m already have a new friend called Lay. He is half Korean-Chinese. What a coincidence right? Oh..and I have a new nickname. Lay gave this to me. He called me Kris, then all people in my school know me as Kris. And the best part is you don’t have to wear uniforms in school here. Such a big and beautiful city! You should come here sometimes, Daeun.. But I miss…home..I miss Korea. I miss Seoul..And I miss you, Daeun.. I’m waiting for your reply, Daeun..

Love, Kris

“Yifan has really turned into a big bore!” Daeun threw herself onto your bed after you both reading Kris’s email.

“Oh, God. Do I have to sit there and reply him now? No way..?” She asked you with a sulky face. You giggled and face her. Daeun still absorbed with her new Barbie dolls and kept its hair.

“Daeun, you’ve promised him to reply on every emails he sent to us?” You provoked her and she just rolled her eyes. Daeun got up from your bed walked outside.

“If you’re so keen, why don’t you write for him? Bye, Ahra~ see you tomorrow at school!” She bided you a good-bye and then completely left the room. You just smiled and turned your body back to your computer. You started to move your fingers and typed to reply Kris’s email.

Dear, Kris

Canada sounds so exciting! Seoul is all the same. But the school is boring without you. I remembered you at lunch today. I ate your favorite dish, kimchi friend rice! Do you get any kimchi in Canada? Uhm.. I’m sorry Kris, I have to go now. I must work on my homeworks.. I’ll write you more in the future! Byeeee

Lots of love, Ahra

You hesitated for a while before sending it to Kris. You bite your bottom lips and knocked the table with your fingers.

“ehm..since this email was sent for Daeun…….” You mumbled as you erased ‘Ahra’ and replaced it with ‘Daeun’

 

Kris always sent you an email in every weeks. He was so happy when you replied him last time. He told you his daily routine and his school life. He actually told you everything. He was so sad because the kimchi friend rice there didn’t taste the same as in Korea. You knew about his friend, Lay, because Kris mentioned him in every emails he wrote. You knew he was in basketball club and he really enjoyed it.

Same as Kris, you told him everything you’ve done. You told him about you being first place in class and about your favorite books. Kris then would read those books after you told him so you could discussed about it later. But your most memorable part of Kris’ email was when he told you about his wish on everytime he went to church.

‘let me be loved and lead me to love’

You can’t help it but you hummed to the same wish whenever you came to the church. Kris knew about this and he wanted to go to church with you when you two meet later. 

 


Hello~~~~~~ first chapter is up!!!!!!!

eeehmm..... too short????? 

click the next button, I updated 2 chapters at once hehehehehehe