The first night before the Gala Night

That Thing Called Love [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That Thing Called LOVE

I walk down from the room he gave me and i know, positively that it was actually his room but he insist for me to stay there because he told me that he won't be sleeping tonight. i feel sorry for him but i couldn't find any places that's available for few days. I walk down the stairs to see him in his art studio, sitting on the stool as he stare blankly on the blank canvas. I must admit that he looks amazing even though from the back and he's just wearing that white loose t-shirt.

He turn around when he heard my footsteps and just a second, he give me a soft smile before asking me to come over. There's always something about this guy that i couldn't get over with. I took a stool before setting it next to him and i sat on it, doing the same thing as he did.. starring blankly on the white canvas.

"feeling better?" he asked before taking a brush up from the floor. He turn to look at me and giving me that slight lopsided smile causing me to smile a little and i feel my cheeks burning a little. "yes" i smile before him. The shower was amazing because i really felt so tired before and now i feel more refreshed and relaxed. 

"are you sure you're not going to sleep tonight?" i asked because i really feel bad if he just made that as an excuse just to give me that room to sleep. "yes don't worry about it. even if i'm tired, i can just sleep on the fl-" "-not on the floor... are you insane?" he just laughs before me and smile a little. "you shouldn't give me your room though. Taemin, i don't mind sleeping somewhere else-" "-like on the ground outside?" i stopped after he cut me and i'm lost of words.. 

he's right.

"don't worry about me" he said and smile a little and tapped my lap gently. I smile and take the brush from his hands, only receiving a cheeky smile from him. "should i paint?" he chuckles and nod his head. I take a colour from the floor and gently brush it on the canvas and he didn't say a word but just letting me do what i wanna do. I've always love arts but i'm not as good as him, he's just beyond amazing. 

"i have something to tell you" he said next to me and i just hum to him without looking back. "what is it?" i asked and stops. I look back and saw how serious he looks though i can actually sense that it might be a bad news or even a good one. "i ended the relationship because i couldn't stand it anymore" he said and i just look at him. "why did she say to you?" i asked though somehow i don't wanna know much about it

"i ended up having a glass of red wine all over me" he said and my eyes went wide open. 

"will she be there? .. at the ball?" i'm so scared to think that what if she's there during that ball night. "she will.. but i won't let anything happen to you, or us. i promise you" i feel like throwing up because i'm so scared right now "this is not a good idea Taemin. no.. i wanna go back" i said and was about to got up but he stops me by holding my wrist. "trust me.. i need you to be there with me. i'll be with you all night long. i promise" though those eyes are always looking good and perfect and i feel like he's sending some black magic through his beautiful eyes. 

"i'm so scared .. w-what if she saw me and .. and .. and she come closer and just sla-" "-Jinri, stop.. hey, everything will be alright" he hold my forearms gently and look deep down in my eyes, trying to ensure me that i will be alright tomorrow night. I feel like the cold air is running down my body because i don't want the night to be ruined just because of me. 

"why don't you go upstairs and rest. i'm sure you're tired. don't overthink okay?" somehow i feel much calmer when i hear his soothing voice. I look up to him and met his eyes. I feel lost and i'm slowly falling for him even more. "rest well, don't mind about it" he give me that sweet soft smile before giving me a quick peck on my forehead. 

"good night Jinri" 

oh how soft and soothing his voice is. he slowly let my wrists go and gently push me towards the staircase, asking me to go up even though i really don't want to. i look back at him and he just nod a little and have his eyes on me until i walk up the stairs to his room. Sometimes it hit me, how can a guy be so gentle and sweet just like the guy i always dream of from a romantic movie. 

"hey Taemin.." i started and he turn around to me before hummed a little

"you're always welcome to sleep in your room.." because i really feel bad for letting him sleep somewhere else. he just smile and nod his head a little to me. I tapped my fingers on the handrail before walking up the stairs to his room. 

I sat on his comfy bed and heave out a soft sigh.. maybe i should trust him .. 

maybe i should. 

 

I woke up and blink few times before i look up to the clock on the bedside table to see the time now is 3 in the morning. I turn to look at my back just to see if he's there somewhere, maybe on the floor but he's not there and nowhere to be found. I got up from the bed and fixes my hair a little as i walk out from the room, to see the bright lights from his art studio. 

There's little sound coming from his studio as i walk down the stairs and i see him sitting on the floor with paint tins next to him on the floor and even some of the colours were spilled on the floor. I walk slowly towards the studio and stops by the door frame. He somehow hear my footsteps and turn around to see me standing here by the door. "aren't you tired?" i asked with my sleepy voice. He just chuckle softly and shake his head no to me. "i'm almost done anyways" he said and turn back around to paint on the canvas. 

I walk closer as i heave a soft sigh and stops before him. "why aren't you sleeping?" he asked without looking back at me. "i can't sleep" i said and sat down on the floor next to him as i hug my knees together and lean my side face on it s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter