The Start of a Promise

A Lone White Rose

The forest was only slightly illuminated by the light of the moon. The birds were silent for they were asleep. The air was still because no one dared to dirsturb it. Nothing was different other than the two pairs of feet snapping twigs and trampling grass underfoot.

"Can we rest? I'm dead tired," a voice called from somewhere in the forest.

"Oh, okay. Let's sit over there," a voice answered back.

Soon, two pairs of feet walked their way towards a fallen tree. A log in the middle of the moonlight. Before anyone sat, they looked at the log for a short while.

"So pretty!" the woman giggled in delight at the work of art nature made. Heels bounced towards the log. The man, left behind by his partner, sighed before following the energetic woman. As soon as the man sat, the girl started to talk.

"I am SO relieved we escaped that reception. I love Kyo-mi to bits, but she seated us with people who are to stiff. None of them even knows how to joke," the woman complained to the man, making huge hand gestures. The man smiled, while his eyes wandered around the silent forest. Something caught the man's eyes. Something white. Something all by itself. Something beautiful.

"Key! Are you even listening to me?" the woman questioned.

"Of course I'm listening," -Key kissed the woman's cheek-"look."

Leaning forward, Key pointed to a plant on the ground. The woman leaned forward to see what Key was pointing at. It was a beautiful white rose in the middle of the forest. It was prettier than any roses you can find in the local and international flower shoppe's. The woman's eyes shone with awe, Key smiled at her.

Key gestured to the flower before wrapping his to hands around the girls right hand. Qui-stel, the girl, looked at Key weirdly. Key usually didn't do such things like this. Holding her hand and all.

"Qui-stel, I showed you a single white rose that signifies our love," Key started. Qui-stel's eyes watered.

"Whenever this love is threatened, let us remember this beautiful lone rose....Qui-stel...I love you!" Key declared.

Qui-stel was taken aback. After two years, after two LONG years, it was the very first time Key said 'I love you' to her. Qui-stel, being so happy with what was happening, threw herself at Key. Who, in turn, was very surprised with what Qui-stel did. After about two minutes of hugging, Key pulled back telling her that they were needed in the reception. Glumly, Qui-stel agreed that they were needed. But, before leaving, Key promised that he'll look for the rose tomorrow to bring home and put into a vase.

 

AUTHOR'S BABBLE: PLEASE READ.

Hiya! Tell me what you think please! See that text box below the story? Yes, it's a comment box. So please use it and tell me what you think of it! And, oh, don't worry. My story isn't only going to be about sweet moments like this. Wait for chapter 2: The Hurt of a Broken Heart, you'll understand what I mean.

Bye,

Orange_carnival