Katie, Our Baby Girl

A Little Girl? - Taeyang

Nine months later, the warm welcoming sun hung in the sky, white fluffy clouds hung over the clear blue sky making this day seem almost magical. Peering out the window at the beautiful day, you glanced down at your newborn baby in the glass crib next to you, a generic blanket wrapped around the small body while a hospital bracelet was carefully around its small wrist.

"Where are we going Daddy?" Kody questioned as Taeyang carried him through the white halls.

"We are going to see Mommy" Taeyang smiled knowing the surprise that the two boys had waiting for them.

"Why are we here? Is she okay?" Keom started to worry, holding his dad’s fingers tighter.

"She is okay now" Taeyang smiled down at his son before they approached the room that you were in. "You two have to be quiet okay, Mommy needs her rest" With his son’s heads nodding gently, he pushed the handle and let the door slowly open.

Your eyes flickered open at the subtle noise of the door opening, turning your head against the white pillow, you looked in the direction of the door as you watched Taeyang set Kody on the tile floor as their little feet hit against the floor while trotting up to your bedside. 

"Are you okay Mommy?" Keom asked as Kody’s eyes widened hoping that you were okay.

"I am better now" You smiled as Taeyang slowly made his way over to the glass crib.

"Oh good~" Keom sighed as he patted your arm

"What’s that?" Kody questioned running over to his dad.

"A baby" Taeyang knelt down and lifted Kody up so he could see in the glass crib at the sleeping baby.

"A baby?" Kody questioned, "Where baby come from?" He looked up at his dad as Taeyang’s cheeks flushed a bright red.

"Wasn’t that in Mommy’s tummy?" Keom asked gently patting your stomach as he sat on your bed.

"Wah, you are really smart Keom" You ruffled his hair with a smile. "Now, do you think the baby is a girl or boy?"

"Hrmmm" Keom tapped his chin as he looked at the baby, "I hope a girl"

"Me too! Me too!" Kody patted his chest proudly

Taeyang chuckled as he set Kody down on the bed beside you. Shifting to the little bundle in the glass crib, Taeyang carefully lifted the small baby into his arms.

"Well… what is it?" Keom bounced on your bed

"It is a girl" You patted his back lovingly as you heard a little ‘yes’ slip from your boys’ lips.

"Do you two want to hold your new sister?" Taeyang bounced her gently in his arms as the boys nodded excitedly.

Carefully shuffling the newborn into Keom’s arms, Kody leaned over your body to see the new baby. Taeyang gently adjusted Keom’s arms to make sure that he was holding his little sister with care.

"What did you name her?" Keom questioned watching his sister yawn and sleep in his arms

"Katie" You smiled glancing at your boys.

"My turn!" Kody looked up at you, "Katie, my turn"

"Okay, you can have a turn too" You smiled and helped Keom shuffle Katie into Kody’s arms. Helping your little three year old hold your new daughter, he smiled proudly.

"You are so tiny" He smiled and leaned over kissing her cheek gently as Keom pet her little fingers.

"She is too cute" Keom smiled as he touched the little purple bow on her head.

"Me cuter!" Kody protested with a little pout

"You aren’t cute, you are handsome" Keom corrected wagging his finger at his little brother

"I don’t want to be that, I want to be cute!" Kody told him as Katie started to wake up a little and whine a little.

"They are all too cute" Taeyang rested on the edge of your bed as he wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

"They get that from you" You glanced up at him with blush on your cheeks

"No they get that from you" Taeyang mumbled against your hair as you two watched your little boys play with their new little sister as she tried to coo and talk back to them as they tried to tell her everything.