Once, Twice..

More Of You

A week after the airport incident Haya found herself enjoying coffee at a small cafe close to her apartment in Hongdae with Lena, the friend Josh and her had waited so long for. They couldn’t have ditched the only chick who knew her way around Korea stranded in the middle of the airport! She was the only Korean out of the three after all.  

“Seriously though, have you seen the video of you uploaded on Jay Park’s fan site?” Lena teases her as she sips her hot drink, knowing how much She never wanted to hear about the incident again.

Haya sighs, exhausted just from the thought of it, “You’ve just made my coffee taste bad” She jokes, making a face at her friend.

“You know what would make it taste better?.. A night out with just us girls! Ditch Josh just for tonight and have some fun with me” she suggests happily just thinking about the mess they would get into.

“He’s probably going to hang out with that chick he met a few days ago anyways”

Lena looks up at her friend excited, “So does that mean a yes?!”

Haya smiles, “You know it girl!!” she exclaims mimicking her friends actions.

Haya and Lena arrive at Octagon close to midnight, Haya dressed with the clothes her friend picked out for her to wear after much persuasion. The club seemed packed but Haya didn't have a clue, having never been in a club in Korea before.

“Let’s grab a drink first!” Lena shouts over the blasting music as she drags her friend over to the bar.

They both took a seat beside each other, ordering their drinks before Haya overheard something from the two girls beside her. She her head towards her friend, who still had a plastered smile on her face.

“Lena” Haya says to grab her attention, their drinks arriving on time for Lena to take a big gulp noticing this wasn’t a good tone coming from Haya.

“What?” she replies, still attempting to keep a straight face,

“What’s with the name Jay Park being thrown around this club so much tonight?”

“I wouldn’t have a clue” Lena shrugs suspiciously,

“He’s performing here tonight, right?” Haya asks, figuring everything out little by little from what she had heard

“Wait, you don’t sound mad at me” Lena says, ignoring her question when the answer was so obvious.

“I will be if any of his fans recognise me and decides my death for me!” she laughs, knowing she had nothing to be afraid of, his fans had a good track record after all, plus a night to watch this guy in action wouldn’t be all that bad in her books.

However as the night stretched out instead of watching the performance, all she could do was watch her silly friend get drunk and run in and out of the toilet, making a mess of herself. “She just got out of a bad breakup” Haya reminded herself over and over again as she lets her friend run wild but that didn’t seem to be enough for Lena who somehow managed to make matters worse for Haya by climbing onto Jay Park’s stage screaming ‘my friend’s single!’, as she points over at Haya like a mad man before security had to come in and help carry her off, Haya having to apologize to Jay on her friend’s behalf. He stood there stunned, half acknowledging her apology half confused at what had happened.

After Jay had finished his set he made his way back to sit at the VIP section of the club, placing himself next to Simon on the red couch.

“Man, I swear that girl was the same chick at the airport” He says ruffling his hair before placing his cap back on

“What, the drunk one or the...” Simon’s voice trailed off, already knowing the answer to that, having recognised Haya from when he saw her enter the club from the balcony.

Jay laughs, picking up the alcohol and taking a drink from it.

“Why are you bringing her up anyways?” he asks curiously, knowing there was probably something more if Jay mentions a girl he’s never known before.

“She’s kinda cute” He admits, taking another drink.

“She’s probably still here, go get her number then” Simon suggests

“Hey, it’s not that easy man” Jay laughs, half actually considering it

“What are you talking about? You’re Jay Park!” Simon exclaims, before his expression suddenly changes to a creepishly glad one.

“Maybe you won’t have to go to her after all” he says as he watches Haya approach the VIP section. Jay follows his gaze, spotting Haya behind Gray and Loco who had also just returned after finishing their set. Before Gray could greet the members two hands suddenly appear wrapped around Gray’s waist causing him to turn around facing the mysterious girl that somehow managed to sneak up to him unnoticed and wrap herself all over him.

Why did you leave?” Lena sloppishly says to him, pulling Gray’s body even closer to her, attempting to whisper in his ears which only seemed to cause Gray to pull away even more. 

Haya rushes over as fast as she could in the overly high heels Lena had chosen for her after seeing what had happened, attempting to pull her friend off Gray, who seemed more than relieved seeing someone had come to his rescue. Haya bowed at him as she did, apologizing yet again for her silly friend.

“Lena, what happened to staying still while I took the phone call?” Haya whispered to her friend, trying her hardest to get Lena off the poor guy.

“I am so sorry” Haya repeats herself to him, still wrestling with Lena , who was still tightly attached to Gray.

By now the whole thing had caused a scene as Jay and Simon quickly rushes over to see what was going on. Jay secretly smiling to himself seeing as Haya hadn’t left yet.

“Well what are you doing bro, help her!” Simon demands, giving Jay a nudge in the ribs, winking at him childishly as he did.

Jay lets out a small laugh before taking his place beside Haya, helping her get Lena off his friend. It didn’t take much effort once Jay got involved, Lena letting her body plop into Jay’s embrace.

Haya’s eyes widen, she had already embarrassed herself in front of him enough, now her friend is becoming equally as embarrassing.  

Jay notices Haya's expression, smiling at her reassuringly, “It’s fine, I’ll help you take her to a cab or something” he says as he leads Lena and Haya out of the club, Lena still mumbling nonsense into his ears.

---

“Looks like you’re used to this?” Haya says jokingly to break the silence between them as they head into the parking lot

Jay  turns to face her, not expecting Haya to say anything to him, “I could get used to it” He returns her joke, flashing a smile to her, still contemplating on whether this was a good time to ask for her number or not.

It wasn’t long before they arrived at Haya’s car, Haya quickly unlocking the car and opening the back door to let Jay release Lena from his arms.

“Thanks for bringing her all the way out here” Haya says as she shuts the door, walking over to stand in front of him.

Jay smiles, “It’s fine, I offered to do it anyways” he reassures her, rubbing his hand behind his sore neck from having Lena tug so hard at it from trying to whisper to him. 

“Well, I better get her back home” Haya tells him, looking over her shoulder at Lena who was now in a deep conversation with the window of car.

Jay lets out an awkward laugh before returning to a more sincere expression, “Hey, actually I have a party for AOMG this weekend” He starts, carefully observing her reaction, “Do you maybe want to come?” he asks, unsure of the answer he might get.

 “Are you sure you want to see me again after all this?” Haya teases, now more comfortable with him seeing as he didn’t dislike her after all, well at least enough to ask her to attend his party.

“I don’t know” he jokes,

 “We’ll have to find out” he adds as he reaches for her phone, putting his number in it before saying goodbye to her and heading back into the club.