hoya/sungjong - pet store!au

gyujong, hojong, gyusooyeol, woosooyeol, gyuyeol, gyusoo, 2woo, woosoo fic prompts from tumblr, jan 2015

"oppa, what about that one? oh my god!" 

hoya looks down at the baby rabbit cleaning itself in the cage his cousin has plastered herself against, and tries very hard to contain himself. the little ears! the little paws! SO FLUFFY!

"yeah, it’s alright," he says, folding his arms and clearing his throat. he’s seventeen and way too hardcore for this. he’s into hiphop, okay?

"he’s cute, isn’t he?" the boy behind the counter comes over to them and bends down to smile at hoya’s cousin, the little girl beaming back up at him. "he’s about 4 weeks old right now. bunnies grow really fast and are quite a handful, though, so think carefully about it if you want to get him. do you want to try and hold him?"

she nods so quickly hoya thinks her head is in danger of falling off her neck, but the minute the boy gently picks up the rabbit and holds it out to her she falters. 

"uh, let oppa hold it first," she says, eyeing the little thing with apprehension.

"what? wait-" the boy brings the bunny over to hoya, who holds out his hands reflexively despite himself and the boy’s smile at him when the rabbit is safely nestled in both his hands blinds him a little bit. hoya looks down at the rabbit, distracted, and it’s so soft. SO. SOFT. he looks up again to see the boy still smiling sunshine at him, and it absentmindedly occurs to him that the boy’s hair looks as soft as the baby rabbit’s fur. softer, even. definitely more shiny. he tries to pretend he isn’t melting as the bunny begins his palm with its little tongue (so tiny!!!!!) but the grin on the boy’s face tells him he isn’t as good an actor as he thinks he is.

hoya isn’t sure how he ends up buying the rabbit and a rabbit house and three kinds of rabbit hay and pellets but the boy winks at him as he hands over the receipt and hoya’s change, and hoya thinks he may have to come back tomorrow to buy a few rabbit toys. just in case.