wooyeol - “Can I kiss you?” [hotel motel holiday inn!verse]

wooyeol fic prompts from tumblr, jan 2015

"can i kiss you? i want to. can i?" 

sungyeol giggles a bit, the alcohol heating his skin making him light-headed. they’re dancing close, too close, and every time the crowd around them turns them round sungyeol can see the outline of myungsoo at the bar nursing a drink, eyes on them.

"you sure?" sungyeol asks breathlessly, liquor making him reckless. "i’m not sure you’ll leave this club completely intact if you do."

"you’re right, i’d be leaving my heart with you," woohyun whispers dramatically in sungyeol’s ear, lips conveniently brushing sungyeol’s cheek. sungyeol sighs deeply on an exhale as he grins to himself, letting himself fall closer into woohyun’s arms. 

"you know what i mean," sungyeol laughs, pushing woohyun away a moment later as woohyun tries to nuzzle his neck. "you really don’t care, do you?"

"you’re still here with me, aren’t you?" woohyun counters grinning, taking both sungyeol’s hands and entwining their fingers together. it’s oddly sweet, this gesture, and sungyeol honestly can’t understand where min found this guy. he’s everything sungyeol would ever want in someone - until about a few months ago, that is. right now apparently all sungyeol ever wanted in a person is wearing all black and a murderous expression and downing one whiskey after another at the bar.

"just one. give me something to think about on lonely winter nights," woohyun mock-pouts, eyes dancing.

"somehow i don’t think you have many lonely nights." sungyeol tries to be serious but loses it at the self-satisfied look on woohyun’s face, throwing his head back to let out a shout of laughter. "you’re too much."

woohyun steadies sungyeol, protective hand on his back. “marry me.”

"i’m a terrible cook," sungyeol retorts, trying his hardest not to break a smile.

"that doesn’t matter, i’ll do the cooking. you just lie around the house looking beautiful."

sungyeol starts to realise at the back of his mind, even through the vodka haze, that they stopped dancing a long time ago and are just standing in the middle of the heaving crowd with their arms around each other, shouting to be heard over the music. it must show on his face, because woohyun stills and after a second, leans in.

the kiss is quick yet anything but chaste - it steals sungyeol’s breath, the way woohyun presses into him and how intense it is, like he wants to memorise sungyeol’s skin and lips and tongue - and it leaves sungyeol blinking stupidly when woohyun pulls away. 

woohyun winks and takes his hand to pull him towards min who’s making her way slowly towards them through the mass of people. the kiss must have only lasted, what? - five seconds? six? and yet - woohyun tugs on sungyeol’s hand and he follows obediently, something warm blooming in his chest. 

 

Hotel Motel Holiday Inn