One

The Legend of Lady Yu

Growing up, Rainie Yang was never particularly lucky but she still manager to get by for 17 years with a few bumps and bruises here and there. But today Rainie Yang has officially became the luckiest person in the world (yes, this is sarcasms). Today is the day of her college entrance exam and she has been preparing for this day by attending 5 prep schools for the past year. Although she already set 5 alarms she still manages to over sleep. By the time her best friend Ariel finally woke her up, she only had 30 minutes to make it to the exam (it take 20 minutes to get there without traffic). The weather was not helping as it continues to pour. Rainie recalled her horoscope forecasted a miserable day and prayed that it’s not accurate for once.

She gave up all hope when a thunder struck the tree next to her bus stop and she had to jump out of the way to avoid getting hit. Unfortunately for her, she jumped away from the burning tree and right into the bus she was waiting her.

 

“Rainie, wake up. You still have an unfinished mission. You must finish your task before you can return to my side. You must find the Real Prince.”

“Who’s talking to me?” Rainie tried to open her eyes but the light was so bright that it was blinding her. She could only hear the voice but it was the most smoothing and beautiful voice she’s ever heard.

 

“Xiao You, stop pretending and get up. Your trick is not going to work on me.”

“Ouch, stop shaking me.” Rainie opened her eyes slowly and saw a young man looking down at her. “Wow, he’s good looking” she thought to herself. But why is he wearing such a weird outfit like those you would see in ancient Chinese movies. She also realized she was lying on a field of green with a pretty white horse standing next to her.

“Xiao You, are you hurt?” the young man looked concerned as he helps her sit up.  I’m sorry I shouldn’t have agreed to race you. Fine, I will bring you with me tomorrow as long as you promise not to cause any trouble and you must stay by my side the whole time.”

What in the world is going on? Is she dreaming or is she on the set of a movie? And why is she calling her Xiao You.

Her senses are returning and she’s aching all over. She recalled jumping in front of a bus. Is she dead? Could this be heaven?

When Rainie didn’t respond, the young man reached out and touched her head. He looked even more concern when he watched her pinch her self on the cheek: “are you ok? Jade (the horse) did drop you pretty hard. Let’s get you to a doctor.”

Looks like this is not a dream or heaven; Rainie finally admitted that on her lucky day she actually performed the impossible. Like the lead in many of the novels she read; she, Rainie Yang, just time traveled.

Since she doesn’t know who she is supposed to be or what era of history she just dropped in on she decided to play it safe. “Who are you? And where am I?” that’s right, she decided to fate amnesia.

“Sis, still playing! This is not funny anymore.”

 “ah ha, so you are suppose to me my brother” Rainie thought to herself. From their early conversation she’s pretty much sure that he was the one that cause the accident to this “Xiao You”. Sadly for him, he is the only person she knows in this world so she must make sure that he will take care of her for as long as she is in this world.

 

When the young man realized his so-called sister was not faking he quickly put her on his horse and the two rushed back to their home. Rainie’s not an expert on ancient building but she could tell by the grand scale of “her home” that they must be rich or some kind of royalty. The young man called for the doctor and asked the servants to fetch their parents. Very soon the doctors arrive and after a not so thorough exanimation from behind a curtain (he read her vital signs by touching her wrist) he concluded that nothing was wrong with her physically. She might have suffered some brain damage when she felt.

After the doctor left, an older couple was led in by the servants. She knew by the look of it that they must be her “parents”. She observed them carefully as the young man explained to them what happened. Her “father” looked to be in his 60s while her “mother” looked around 50. She was already holding her hand, her head and crying her eyes out.

She must have fallen asleep and when she woke up she noticed her so called brother fast asleep on her bed side.

From this distance she realized he was even better looking than she thought. She was about to reach out and touch his perfectly shaped nose when the door opened and a young girl came in.

“Miss You, you are awake? Let me go get General and our lady” the girl looked to be 14 or 15.

“It’s ok. Can you get me some water?”

The girl quickly poured her a cup of water and helped her up so she could drink it.

“What’s you name? Are you my servant?” from all the dramas she watched, Rainie knew this “Miss You” must have a servant somewhere.

“Miss you, I’m Gui Gui” the girl started to sob.

“Oh Gui Gui, don’t cry. I’m sorry I don’t remember you. But it would be a big help if you can answer some questions for me.”

With the help of Gui Gui, in a few hours Rainie found out pretty much everything she needed to know about herself and everything around her.

She is actually the youngest daughter of General Wang of the Zhou Dynasty. Her so called father single handedly controls all the military power while her brother Jiro is the chief of security of the whole imperial palace. She also has an older sister Patty whom is married to the crown prince of the Zhou Dynasty. Talk about power!

Patty is 10 years older than her while Jiro is 7 years older than her. She was pretty much spoiled by the whole family. She is even the god-daughter of the current queen. This last bit of information was enough to blow away even a girl from the 21st century.