Convincing Them

Negative x Negative

 

Minho's POV

I found Jonghyun leaning against the wall opposite the classroom after the class ended. I went over to him with a small wave and we both silently acknowledge a change of location. After we left the building I spoke up first.
"The cafe in the student commons?"
"Sure." We walked in silence until we arrived in the cafe. We both purchased a drink, and Jonghyun bought a cookie as well, before sitting in an insanely tall set of chairs at an even taller table. I held in a chuckle when Jonghyun struggled for a moment to get on the tall chair.
Once settled, he took a sip of his drink before speaking, "So, are you going to explain?"
I took a sip before speaking to mimic him, "Nope. Not entirely." I smiled as his mouth hung a little in surprise, this time I let my chuckle pass through my lips. When I finally quieted my laughter, I spoke again. "Jjong, you're not seeing anyone at the moment, are you?"
He staunched, "No. Way to bring up a pitiful topic for me." He gave me a glare- but the dumbest person on the planet would be able to tell it was fake.
"Whatever." I took a longer sip of my drink before speaking again, "Do you want to go on a double date this Saturday?"
"What? I thought you had a boyfriend, Minho!" He faked a gasp and I rolled my eyes, "Omo! Don't tell me my amazingly gorgeous appearance came between another couple!"
I smacked his arm, "You fool! Your looks have never divided a couple in the past, and it hasn't come between my boyfriend and me either!" He stuck his tongue out at me. "Anyway! My boyfriend's friend wants to do a double date with us, but his date can't come anymore." I lied a little... okay a lot. But what was I supposed to say? Tae and I are trying to hook our good friend up with a decent guy. And after months of trying every attempt has failed and we're using you as a test to see what went wrong with the past dates? Yeah, that would go over well! (Note the sarcasm!)
"So, he's date-less?"
"No, we really just needed to bring two guys for him to decide which one he'd rather spend the day with-" this idiot's face shows he believes this lie I spewing, "No! You idiot! He really does not have a date! Why do you think I am asking you?"
He thought for a moment. "Is he cute? Hot? y?"
I roll my eyes, of course that's what Jonghyun would worry about.
"By your definition?" He nodded and I thought about it, "All of the above."
"That's interesting... I have never met someone who has passed the criteria for all three categories." His smile transformed into a smirk- he is so in! And within moments he confirms my suspicions, "What time and where?"
I smiled, "I will give you all of the details tomorrow." We finished our drinks and I left first- it was almost time to pick Taemin up from his classes.
~*~*~


Taemin's POV

I saw Minho leaning against his car as I exited the building. It felt great to be back in school. After a few lawyer-present conversations with my father it was determined that he would pay our usual bills so that I could go back to school. It's only evening classes, so I still work in the morning so that we have money for the other things in life- such as field trips and birthday presents. 
I ran over to Minho and wrapped my arms around him as I snapped out of my thoughts. It's only been a day but I miss him so much! After a few minutes we got into the car and headed to my house.As soon as we arrived, Key came over. The three of us hung out in the living room and watched some television while my siblings finished their homework at the dining room table. As they finished we let them watch some television before dinner. I had early classes tonight so by the time we finished dinner, played some games, and sent the kids to bed it was only about 9:30. We knew that by 10:00 Key was going back to his house to go to bed. So we had to straighten out the details for the double date this weekend.
"Key-umma!" I jumped into his lap and ignored the stare Minho sent our way. He hates when I do this, but we can't have Key leaving too soon, can we?

"Yes, Minnie?" 

"Are you busy on Saturday?"

"No, why?"

"Do you want to hang out with Minho-hyung and I? A friend of Minho's wants to come- he said he wanted to meet me. So," I flashed my best puppy-dog eyes, "Will you come? Please?" I pouted and watched as Key looked to Minho, who was set to confirm my plea.

"It's true. My friend Jonghyun from college wants to meet my boyfriend. We felt it would be a little awkward if it was just the three of us and Tae came up with the idea of inviting you. So, will you come?"

There was a moment of utter silence. I held my breath hoping that Key wouldn't catch on that it was just another date set-up, we didn't want him to be completely aware that we were setting him up this time. 

"Alright, I'll come. This Jonghyun guy better not try anything on my Minnie- got it Minho?"

Minho just nodded and said something about Jonghyun knowing that I was his- causing me to blush. After talking for a little while, we saw Key home and went back inside. "So," Minho spoke first, "Where's this surprise you have for me?" He smiled.

"Well... it's in the fridge." I was beginning to rethink this, he might not like it... I shook my head and went to the kitchen. "I know how much you like chocolate chip cookies, and I wanted to try my hand at baking, so I made some for you." I shyly stated while drawing out a plate of cookies I had hidden earlier and brought them to the living room.

"You made them yourself?" I nodded, this made me really nervous, would he really like my efforts? I mean... look at how sloppy they are! I hope he doesn't try that one! It looks burnt! I snap out of my thoughts as I see his hand grab one and bring it to his mouth, taking a bite. I should have made Key try one earlier... "These are really good!" He brought me out of my thoughts to focus on him once again.

"You don't have to lie Minho-hyung."

"I'm not! They really are good. If you practice a little more you and Key could have a competition!" He smiled and my heart skipped a beat, he's so silly sometimes- but that's why I love him.

I giggled, "I don't know how Key-umma would feel about that..."

"That's fine. We don't need his opinion as long as you promise to only make cookies for me." Minho wrapped his arms around my waist and looked straight into my eyes as he spoke.

 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I love you all!  Can I say that? You are all really patient and understanding and... I love you~ ^-^ I promise, I'm trying I'm not letting this fall to the way-side completely! It's just a tad difficult to update at the moment~ So all of you are awesome, I love you, I thank you, I send you big hugs from where I am seated on my my side of the computer and the complex system of the internet that escapes my mind as to how it can actually work! <3 <3 <3 <3  ^-^
Thanks again for everything! Reading, commenting, subscribing, STAYING subscribed, being patient, being you, being awesome, just... THANK YOU~ ^-^
~BaiLingLing <3