ON/OFF Air [2] ( Mark x Luna )

SELENIC

 

[ ON AIR ]

Mark peeked around the corner of the building, his lips curving up to a smile at the sight of the female’s back towards him. She was dressed simply in a long gray T-shirt, covered by a black jacket, skinny blue jeans, and sneakers. Even from behind, he could see that she was animatedly talking to the camera with hand gestures, probably introducing the show or stalling for time until he came. With a mischievous twinkle in his eyes, he quietly walked towards her and his index finger went up to his lips, signaling towards the camera to not take notice of him. 

Luna was talking about what she was up to with f(x) and their upcoming concert until her vision turned dark, a surprised squeak leaving her lips. Her hand immediately went up to go over the warm hand covering her eyes.

He spoke in Mandarin, purposefully lowering his voice. “Guess who?” 

She recognized the language from the times Victoria spoke on the phone. Her lips curved up to a smile and she slightly shook her head, playfully refusing.

“Ayee~ You have to guess!” This time, he spoke in English. 

“Why!” She replied back in a heavily-accented English, earning a laugh from the male. “Mark?”

“Ding Dong Daeng!” He grinned, dropping his hands and placing himself beside her. Bowing to the camera, he greeted and introduced himself. After a few words, one of the producers handed a card to the couple. Mark started to read off of the card: “They say marriage is all about new beginnings and experiences. For today, the two of you must be good, loving parents and take care something little and precious. Please head to the listed location.”

Shocked expression painted over their faces. ‘A…baby!?’ Even though the reality of the situation was that one of the parent would most likely be on the set, the thought of taking care of a little baby was still intimidating. 

Luna looked over the location, blinking. “Oh, I think I know this place…”

“You do?” Mark inquired, looking her over. 

She nodded, looking up at him with a small smile. “Let’s go, Mark!” 

┅ ┅✮┅ ┅

Small and little. 

Chubby and cute as a button. 

They were waddling around like newborn pups. 

Well, that’s because that’s what they were.

 

“PUPPIES!” Both the idol shouted out in excitement at the sight of them. They had entered an animal shelter that rescued strays. It was a fairly big shelter. The main room served as an area to let the more friendlier cats and dogs roam around and interact with any visitors while the moodier animals were in a separate, quiet room. 

They were both animal lovers for sure with Mark taking care of Coco (with Youngjae) and Luna raising many dogs with her family.

Luna gushed out as a cream-colored puppy waddled toward her and she didn’t hesitate to scoop it in her arms, cradling it like a baby. Mark leaned against her, his hand reaching over to caress the puppy’s belly. The puppy yipped in response, tiny paws flailing about. He chuckled softly, smiling. A squeal nearly left her lips from how cute the puppy was, her eyes focused on the little thing. She glanced up to see how close he was, getting a little fluster at his side profile. 

“Ah, that one is Molang.” 

The idols looked up to see an older woman approached them, giving them a warm smile. She was one of the workers for the shelter. “He’s part of Mongshi’s litter. Mongshi and her newborn puppies was rescued from the streets but they’re fine and healthy now.”

“Can we see her and her other puppies?” Luna asked with a grin. 

“Of course. She’s right over here.” The woman gestured the two idols to follow her. She led them towards an isolated corner where Mongshi was laying down, her puppies tumbling and playing around. 

Luna squealed at the sight and kneel down near Mongshi, placing Molang on her lap. Mark took a seat next to her, watching as the pups waddle towards them. He scooped a tan-colored puppy and placed it on his lap, letting it nip at his fingers. 

“Does Mongshi and her puppies have a home yet?” 

The worker nodded and stated. “Yes. Mongshi and one of her puppies are going to one home while the rest already have other homes to go to.”

Luna felt relieved at that. As long as they were healthy and under a roof, she could rest easy knowing that. “Ahhh, so cute.” She made kiss noises toward Molang as she rubbed his belly. Mark playfully fought with the puppy with his hand, grinning as the pup yipped and growled.

┅ ┅✮┅ ┅

After playing with the puppies for a while, they were informed that their main mission was to help out the shelter for the day which they didn’t mind at all. Together, they helped out in walking the dogs, grooming the dogs, cleaning out cages and litter boxes, and other tasks that they asked them to do. Soon, the producer called for a break for the whole crew. The crew headed towards a separate room that the shelter let them have for their lunch break. 

Mark filed into the room, looking around briefly before noticing that someone was missing. ‘Luna?’ He quietly slipped out of the room and looked around the shelter until he found her in the other room with the moodier animals. She was crouched down, her arms hugging her knees, and staring at the cats and dogs in the cages. Some of the animals were recently treated from injuries and some were recently brought in so they didn’t fully trust people yet. 

“Poor babies…”

He wanted to call out to her to inform her that the recording was on a break but he stayed silent instead, watching her from the doorway. It was endearing, seeing her look at the animals with concern and love. He wasn’t sure why but he wanted to just watch her. 

Luna reached over to the cage, fingers slowly moving to the fur of a grey cat. “I’m so sorry that people hurt you. I wish I could come and take care of you here but I don’t even have time to take care of myself nowadays. We’re preparing for a concert soon. It’s our first one ever so we’re practicing late every night. It’s tiring but…I’m sure our fans are looking forward to it.” Their fans alone was enough of a motivation for her. They’ve waited so long and she wanted to pay them back somehow. She smiled as she stared at a grey cat, who was also staring back at her. “But I’m sure the people here will find you a really good home, cute baby~” 

“Lunch’s here, Luna.” 

Pulling her hands back, she snapped her attention over to him, a little startled. “O-oh…I’ll be there soon.” She nodded, though she showed no signs of moving yet. 

Mark smiled, not wanting to leave without bringing her along. He was concerned for her after listening to her talk about practicing late. He walked over and crouched down next to her. “Whoa, this one has two different eye colors…” He was referring to the grey cat she was petting earlier. He reached over to gently pet it. Without warning, the cat jerked back and scratched his hand, hissing. He cursed to himself, pulling his hand back to look at the bleeding wound. 

Next thing he knows, he felt small hands pull him up on his feet and gently tug him towards the sink. Luna was frowning as she the faucet, making sure the water was warm before letting it run over his hand. “Wait, okay?” She murmured before leaving his side. When cleaning earlier, she noticed a first aid kit on the front counter. She took the kit and returned to his side. Without a word, she turned off the faucet and gently dried his hand with a paper towel. She opened the kit and took out a ointment and a band-aid then pushed the kit to the side. Her eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she dabbed ointment on the scratch to which he found very cute.  

“Does it hurt?”

He shook his head, watching her work. “Nah. Coco likes to scratch and bite me all of the time.” 

She could only smile, emphasizing with his pain. Sometimes dogs can get too excited when they played around. “Coco sounds like a little troublemaker.”

“You’re telling me. He’s a little poop machine too.” 

A soft laugh left her lips as she opened a band-aid and placed it over his scratch, throwing away the scraps. “All done.”

“Thank you. I knew cats didn’t like me that much,” he joked dramatically, shaking his head. “Now I have to work with a injury.” 

“Ehh~”She pouted at that and directed an air kiss to his injury. “Muah. Now it should be all better!”

That threw Mark off a little, causing him to let out a short, nervous laughter. “C’mon. We should eat. We still have to film for the rest of the day.” He was right about that. 

“Buh-bye cute babies.” She looked back at the animals with sad expression and waved before leaving with Mark. 

┅ ┅✮┅ ┅

[ OFF AIR ]

WGM recording ended smoothly. The staff at the shelter were really grateful for the help. Hopefully, some of the animals will get adopted because of the show. Because of their schedules, the next recording won’t be until 2-3 weeks later though they filmed enough to cover that. f(x) will be having their first concert while GOT7 will be heading to Japan for promotions.

Concert practice, concert practice, concert practice. That was all on Luna’s mind right now. That and cramps. She drank painkillers hours earlier but it seems it wore off. Nevertheless, she practiced with Amber and the dancers with a smile. She didn’t want to hold anyone back because of her cramps. Besides, she was used to performing when that time of month came but somedays they were a bit unbearable. Though slightly discomforted, she managed to get through practice.

“Yeeeahh~ Home sweet home!” Amber called out in relief as soon as the pair entered their dorm. With Krystal and Victoria away doing their own personal schedules, the dorm was all to the llama and puppy. Kicking off her shoes, she went towards the room she shared with Victoria. “I’m gonna shower then head to sleep. Night, Luna.” 

“Night.” Luna replied tiredly, heading to the room she shared with Krystal. She trudged to the room, dropped off her things then headed to the shower with fresh pajamas. She left the shower feeling a bit better. 

After finishing her nighttime regime for her skin, she laid down in bed and scrolled through her phone. It was a nightly routine for her. She would scroll through some of her favorite blogs relating to beauty products, nail art, and dogs then read comments from their fans, smiling at their response. In the middle of this routine, she gave out a small huff and reached over to grab a hot pack, placing it on her stomach. That felt a little better.  As she kept scrolling through, the thought of ‘We Got Married’ came up so she clicked on the articles relating to her segments on there.

The response for the first couple of episodes were overall good. Fans liked seeing both Mark and Luna away from their group member’s antics. 

 

‘Oh. He’s so quiet. Will he be okay?’

‘Hul. Luna has to be much more active for the both of them.’

 

She had to agree a little bit with that. When they first started filming, he was silent (and a bit awkward) and followed along to whatever she was doing. She didn’t mind since she thought he was being cautious because she was a sunbae to him. But eventually, he warmed up to her and the filming crew. He became more talkative and silly with her.  

 

‘Everything Mark says is so sweet! He’s always taking care of Luna well. Hwaiting~’

‘Golden Lacquer and GOT7’s flyboy are cute together. I’m jealous.’ 

‘Luna is so silly. Hahahaha. They’re so weird together.’  

 

But of course, there are fans who totally disagree.

 

‘Ugh. Why does Mark have to be on this show?’

‘She’s changed a lot from debut. She keeps fixing herself. I liked her better before. u.u’ 

‘Can we just do Markson for WGM?’  ‘No, no, no! Markjin!’ 

‘But really, out of all of the female idols, why her?’  Why her. ‘She’s not even that pretty.’  Not even that pretty.

‘Mark is too good for her.’

 

Luna didn’t even know she was holding her breath until hot tears tricking down her cheeks. She placed her phone down on the bed and used her arms to shield her face, letting out quiet sobs. Ugh, she was going to have puffy eyes again. She was glad Krystal was away or else, she would have excused herself to go to the bathroom. She hated how she let those comments get to her like this. It never fail to upset her but she kept reading them because she wanted to improve herself for the fans. Her members would always scold her for reading them and telling her to keep doing what makes her happy. Ignore the negative comments, they would say!

Her twin sister. She needed to call her twin sister, the one person that knew her like the back of her hand. When the comments got pretty bad, her sister had urged her to call her no matter what time of day. If it was 1AM or later, she wanted her to leave as many voicemails as she wished, venting out all of her problems. Her sister would then respond back with a phone call or a pages and pages of text messages. Any of those always made her feel better.

Her hand reached for her phone, thumb automatically tapping on the recent messages and selecting call, then she brought the phone up to her ear, waiting for it to go through to the voicemail at least.

“Jinyoung-ah.” She started, trying to steady her voice but it was evident that she was upset and crying. “I-I’m so sorry for bothering you. I just…” She let out a shaky sigh. “Everything hurts. I’m having the worst cramps ever and I upset myself by reading comments again. I know, I know, I know. But I wanted to know if fans liked the show I was doing with Mark. I don’t really do shows without the rest of the girls, you know that—“

 

 

“….Luna?” 

The voice on the other end was deep and groggy, laced with sleep.

She wanted to hit her head against the wall. 


 

An update? Oh dear! o: