ON/OFF Air [1] ( Mark x Luna )

SELENIC

 

Luna puffed up her cheeks, adjusting the large mask she had on. She didn't think she would be wearing this mask again after the King of Masked Singer show. Along with her, there were other people standing on the makeshift stage with her, also donning masks that were featured on the show though the singers themselves were not actually here. They were actually part of the "We Got Married" staff and they were going to lipsync to the song.

She never thought that she would be a part of WGM ever. Victoria was previously on it with Nickhun from 2PM while Amber was a a global host for it. If anything she thought, Krystal would be on it since she was very popular. But it seemed the company wanted to promote her more for her upcoming solo.

"Okay! They're almost here. We Got Married filming start. Cut!" One of the staff yelled out following by a clap.

┅ ┅✮┅ ┅

[ ON AIR ]

"Wow, wow! GOT7 is here!" Jackson called out energetically to the camera, even getting all up in it. The other members laughed and shook their heads at him. The boygroup was in their practice room until a whole bunch of cameras came in. Of course, their manager has prepared them for it by warning them about it beforehand so there were dressed decently and practiced lightly.

"Hello! We are GOT7!" They all spoke once they were all in a line, showing their pose, before bowing to the camera.

"Do you know what this filming is for?" asked one of the scriptwriter, offscreen.

Jackson, BamBam, and Junior could be seen wiggling around in spot, giggling with each other. Yugyeom and JB eyed Mark suspiciously, grinning widely, while Youngjae gave Mark a side hug, grinning also. Mark bit on his bottom lip, looking down at the floor. "It's for We Got Marrriiedddd!" Jackson shouted out, unable to contain his excitement. "With our Mark-hyung!" At this point, all of the guys were cheering and clapping, patting the "newly wedded's" back.

After being handed a card from the writers, Jackson immediately taking on the MC role. He started to dramatically sniff and dabbed at his (fake) tears. "Ahhh! I always knew this day would come! Our Marky-poo is getting married!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! Wahhh, I wonder who our new noona would be!" exclaimed BamBam.

"We will find out soon! But first, how do you feel about this, Mark? And who do you want it to be?" Jackson brought his hand up to his face pretending a mic was there.

Mark looked at the camera, hesitatingly answering. He was nervous, of course. Being on this show while he was part of a growing popular idol group was quite a gamble. Their fans could love to see this side of him while on the other hand, fans could instantly hate seeing him with another female celebrity. He especially didn't want the female celebrity to get hate for it because it was a semi-scripted show that they were getting paid for. "I'm nervous to meet my wife." A few members squealed at this. "But I'm confident that I can take care of her well." More squeals. "And it doesn't matter who it is because I know she'll be just right." More uproar from the members, even some cringing at how he made a cheesy reference to their song.

"Wowww! Our Mark is already acting like a husband!" At the signal from the staff, Jackson spoke, reading the card. "Now we get to meet our new sister-in-law, Mark's wife! She's is waiting for Mark in the 'xx' meeting room in our building. Let's go, guys!" Since Mark was mostly quiet, the scriptwriter thought it would be better for him to meet his wife with his band members so it wouldn't be that awkward between them.

"Wooooo!" They all cheered, dragging Mark along to go see his new 'wife.'

┅ ┅✮┅ ┅

Mark's eyes widen when he saw people in silly, large mask on the stage then realized that they were from the show, King of Masked Singer. He heard one of s saying quietly, 'A Pink! A Pink!' while the other mentioned 'AOA! AOA!' Ah...he remembered now. Their sunbae, Eunji and Choa from Apink and AOA respectively were on the show. Was one of them going to be his wife? He was nervous either way.

Another set of cards were handled to Jackson and he briefly looked over them. "So! Mark, what your mission is to guess who your wife is! This setup is already a hint to it but now your wife will sing for you. If you guess correctly, you and your wife will get a special prize!"

The members awed and comments were heard in the background. "You better get it right, Mark!" "Hi, new sister-in-law!" "I wonder who she is!"

Luna blinked in surprise upon hearing Mark's name though it wasn't visible from behind her mask. So he was going to be her husband? As requested by the producers, she didn't look at the rumors and speculations online about the new couple coming onto WGM. Besides, she didn't have much time to search online with her practices for her group's first concert.

Music started playing from the speakers and the first masked singer started to "sing." The members started laughing from the first masked singer's exaggerated movements, clearly lipsyncing. "Yah! No way, no way!" Some of next few singers were similar in their actions while a few singers "sang" seriously to throw Mark off.

Soon, it was Luna's turn to sing. She'll be singing live for them. She was quite nervous since before today, she hasn't really interacted with GOT7 that much. The brunette did know that Amber was good friends with Jackson, hearing some stories about their escapades from her. She took a breath and started singing one of the songs she sang on the show, "Don't Think You're Alone."

Hearing her voice, Mark tensed up a little. Being a rapper mainly, he had a lot of respect for vocalists since he knew he wasn't all that great at it. He liked hearing s sing randomly in their dorm whenever they did chores or in the shower. But hearing this voice now, he felt chills in his spine. He was going to be honest and admit that he wasn't quite sure who it was but he liked her voice. Was this person going to be his new 'wife?' "Whoaaa," awed Yongjae who was leaning on Mark. Without even knowing it, a smile appeared on his lips. As soon as Luna was done, the rest of the singers went and finished up.

"OKAY!" Jackson announced out. "Mark! Do you have an idea who your lovely wife will be?"

"I think I do." He nodded, already staring at his target.

"Alright! Here you go!" Jackson handed over a rose to Mark. "Offer the rose to the singer that you think your wife is"

"Get on one knee too!" "Yeah! Like you're proposing to her!" Mark playfully glared at BamBam and Yugyeom who suggested it. The scriptwriters nodded in approval, urging him to do that from offscreen.

With a deep breath, Mark approached the singers, going around and pretending to hand over the rose then pulling away. "Yahh! Hurry up!" The members were impatient to know who his wife will be. Soon, he stood in front of Luna and stared up at her, causing her to lightly blush. Going against what s wanted him to do, he offered his hand instead of the rose, smiling. "You're my wife, right?"

Luna stared at his hand, prolonging the suspense until her hand reached over to take his. "Yes." The newly wed couple jumped in shock when air hissed and the sound of bells blared from the speakers, followed by cheers and yells from the rest of the GOT7 members. Mark carefully helped her down from the stage then handed her the rose before leading her back to the excited guys.

Once everyone was settled down, they were all lined up and facing the camera with Mark and the still-disguised Luna in the middle.

"Wahhhh! Who is it? Who is it? Who is it?" "Mark's wife is.....!" Jackson and BamBam started to do a drumrolll sound effect.

Luna laughed at their antics and turned her back to the camera, pulling off her mask before turning around. She waved with a bright smile. "Hi! I'm f(x)'s Luna~"

"f(x)'s Luna-sunbaenim!" All of the members bowed respectfully towards her first before Yugyeom and Junior broke out to sing and dance to '4walls.' "Love is 4 walls~~ Neoro chaeun Mirror mirror." BamBam sang along and pushed Mark towards Luna.

"Yah, yah, yah!" Jackson shouted out as he got in the middle of Mark and Luna. He tsked disapprovingly and shook his head, causing the other members to protest. "Do you know who this is!? This is Amber's dongsaeng! In the place of Amber, I have to protect her from guys like Mark!"

Mark playfully scoffed and lightly hit Jackson on his arm. "From guys like me!? I should be protecting her from guys like you!"

'Ouus' and 'Ahhs' came from the rest of the members, along with teasing comments. "Is Jackson jealous?" "Does this mean Markson is breaking up now?" "Mark is already taking his husband role seriously~"

"Yeah!" Jackson narrowed his eyes, a mischievous twinkle in them. "Unless! You make a public promise to the viewers to treat Luna-sunbaenim with the utmost care and to protect her from harm!"

Luna was so embarrassed but also amused at Jackson. She could see why Amber and him got along well now. She looked over at Mark to see he had an exasperated expression, laughing to herself. It seemed that he deals with this a lot.

With a sigh, Mark raised his arm and glanced at Luna. "I, Mark Tuan, promise to treat Luna-sunbaenim with the utmost care and to protect her from harm." Explosives reactions came from the guys, cringing at how cheesy their hyung was.

"Okay!" Jackson simply said with a smug smile. "He's all yours now, sunbaenim!" He winked at her before moving out of the way.

┅ ┅✮┅ ┅

After a few more antics from the GOT7 members, the new couple were taken to another part of the building where a romantic dinner was set up for them.

Luna gave out a soft 'wow,' admiring the decorations as they walked in. Mark followed in after her, silently looking around at the decorations. As the pair approached the table, Mark quickly went ahead and pulled out the chair for her. "Here you go," he said softly before handing her the blanket so she could place it over her lap. Luna smiled as she took a seat and got comfortable, placing the rose he gave her earlier into the centerpiece vase. After he made sure she was comfortable, he went over to the seat across from her.

Awkward silent ensued. Mark wasn't really a conversationist, preferring to observe when meeting someone new while Luna was thinking about how to start a conversation with him. Thankfully, the scriptwriter gave them each a card to read off of.

"Ko-ko-ne..." Luna tried to read the English words on the top of the cards. Mark smiled and read it for her. "Connect with me." She smiled and repeated his words, though with an accent. Cute, he thought. "In order to grow closer as a couple, you will need to answer each other the questions on the card. The more you answer, you will get to unlock your dinner. Whyyy~" She whined softly after reading the card. They had been filming for quite a while so of course, she worked up an appetite.

Mark sighed, quite hungry himself. "Whyyy~" He repeated after her, causing her to laugh. He looked at the first question on his card. "Now that you're married, what kind of nicknames do you want to call to each other?" Luna covered her face with the card. Could she handle sweet nicknames from him?

"Luna-sunbaenim," he started carefully," what year were you born in?"

"I'm a 1993-liner."

His eyes widen in surprise, thinking there would be a big age difference between them. "Me too!"

"Oh really? What month were you born in?"

"September. You?"

"August."

"Ayyyy, I'm a month younger than you." He looked a little disappointed since she wouldn't have to call him 'oppa.'

She grinned, chuckling. "We could drop all formalities then, okay? Mark~"

He felt a little shy from the way she called him, nodding. "Luna~"

They both laughed, knowing how awkward this was but they kept going with the questions. They had discovered that they both loved dogs with Mark raising Coco and Luna raising who knows how many dogs. They talked a little about what was on their bucket list with Mark wanting to skydive at one point while Luna wanted to perform more solo concerts with her members. They kept talking and learning about each other.

As promised, the more questions they answered, food came out for them. They started to eat as they continued to talk.

A bit more comfortable with her, Mark stood up and brought a piece of beef up to her lips with the chopsticks, grinning. "For you, jagiya."

Stunned, she laughed at him, a light blush creeping on her cheeks. "Neh~" She leaned over and ate the beef then exclaimed. "You too, jagiya." Her tone was full of cringeworthy aegyo, causing the male to blush like she did. She offered a piece of beef up to him to which he ate happily.

┅ ┅✮┅ ┅

[ OFF AIR ]

After a long night of filming, Luna quietly entered her dorm in the late night. It seemed her members were already asleep. She made her way to her shared room with Krystal, making sure to be quiet as a mouse. The petite idol took off her make up and clothes then hopped into the shower, sighing contently. Once done, she started her skin care routine. She was finally in bed after more than half an hour passed by. She took her phone and started to reach the comments on her Instagram, pouting at certain comments. A message popped up and she opened it, her eyes widening in surprise.

   [ SMS ⇒ Luna ] Hey, it's Mark. I hope you don't mind that I asked Jackson to ask Amber for your number. I figured that since we're going to film together for a while, we should keep in contact.

Luna hummed in thought before she texted him back. Truthfully, she didn't mind that he had her number but he could have just asked her for it after filming.

 

At the GOT7 dorm, Mark was still awake in bed, running his fingers through his messy blonde hair. Why did he text her? Ugh. As soon as he came back home, he found a small folded note on his pillow. He opened it to find a number, specifically Luna's number. 'Yo! Here's Luna number that I got from Amber. Just in case, you want to contact her. -- Jackson' His eyebrow furrowed in confusion. Why would he feel the need to contact her this soon? They formally met for the first time today, for goodness sake. With a sigh, he left the note on his bedside table, went to shower and got ready for bed.

Lights off and in bed, he stared at the written number on the paper. Should he? He debated over it for a while, typing and erasing his message, then decided to just do it. Message sent. A few moments later, 1 new message. Oh?

   [ SMS ⇒ Mark ] Hey, Mark. ^^ It's Luna. I don't mind at all. Why are you still awake? You should go to sleep.

   [ SMS ⇒ Luna ] I know. You should too, sunbaenim. Good night.

   [ SMS ⇒ Mark ] Just call me Luna. We agreed to drop formalities, remember? Good night, Mark. Sweet dreams.

   [ SMS  Luna ] Good night, Luna. Sweet dreams.

He placed his phone on the bedside table before getting comfortable in bed, a small smile on his lips as he easily drifted off to sleep. 


 

Hey! Long time no see! I hope you enjoyed this pairing? I find it very cute! I might a write a few episodes of it once I can find and research more date ideas for them. Until next time, have a wonderful day!