Unspoken ( Kris x Luna)

SELENIC

college!AU || Basketball player Kris x Softball player Luna 
Written quite a while ago and has been gathering dust in my drafts. So why not just post it? 


 

Sweat trickled down the side of Kris’ head as his eyes quickly darted around the court, looking for the basketball. “Over here!” He yelled out to his teammate, managing to evade the opponent trying to block him. His teammate threw the ball in his direction and he easily got it in his possession. Shoes squeaked as his long legs took him down the court to the opponent’s side. He realized that if he didn’t take the shot now, the other team would catch up and do everything to block him. Taking the risk, he aimed for the basket and shoot.

“AND HE MAKES IT! THE KNIGHTS WILL GO THE SEMI-FINALS!” The speakers blared throughout the auditorium.

The crowd roared in happiness and excitement as the score finalized on the board. Away: 27 Home: 29

Luna jumped from her seat, screaming in joy at their victory over their rival school. Finally! They won over them and it was all thanks to Kris. Every since he managed to pull into the varsity team from the junior varsity team, they have been winning most of their games.

“Kris, Kris, Kris, Kris!” The crowd started to chant, causing the said male to grin. His teammates ran over and began to jump on him, excited from their win. They playfully cheered and punched him lightly on the arm. He felt like he was on cloud nine, his heart still beating from the adrenaline. His eyes made contact with a familiar pair from afar, causing him to smile fondly. Luna smiled back, giving him the 'V' sign along with a wink. 'Good job.’  Then she watched as he got swept away by all of the excitement and celebration.

┅ ┅┅ ┅

Swinging his duffel bag over his shoulder, Kris was finally able to leave school after a post-game talk with his coach and teammates and a good shower. The night air entered his lungs, relaxing him a little though he swore he could still heard screams and cheers in his right ear. It was a good feeling to be able to win over their rival school.

"Hey, superstar!” chirped a sweet voice.

His thick eyebrow raised at the familiar nickname, turning around to see a petite girl a few feet away. “Hey! Don’t call me that.” He quickly responded.

“Catch.” Luna tossed a bottle of water in his direction, mimicking the pose of a basketball player doing a three-pointer. 

He easily caught it with one hand and rolled his eyes. “Thanks, Lunabug.” Opening the bottle, he took a quick sip of it before pulling it in his bag.

“Don’t call me that!” She quickly went to his side to whine at him, poking his side for extra measure. She disliked that nickname but it was tolerable since only he called her by that.

“Then don’t call me superstar!” He whined back, mocking her tone. He poked her forehead, putting enough pressure so her head will tilt back a bit. 

“Yah!” He laughed at her, shaking his head. The same silly Luna that so easy to tease. A sudden thought struck him. “Hey, why are you still around? Thought you’ll be home by now.” The game ended forty-five minutes ago and most of the student body was gone by now. No one was around pretty much except for a few shady characters. He frowned at the shorter female, eyebrows furrowing. He didn’t want her to be by herself at night.

“I was waiting for you.”  Luna replied as if it was obvious.  She figured that since they usually walked home together on a regular day, it would be the same deal when she finally managed to attend one of his games.

“You should have texted me. I would have tried to get out earlier.” 

“I did.”

Kris dug through his duffel bag for his phone, pulling it out seconds later. The phone lit up as he pressed the home button and sighed. She was right. He put his phone away in his pocket. “Sorry. I should have checked.”

“Hey, don’t worry about it. I’m fine, see?”  She smiled widely at him and poked her cheeks. ‘Cute’ was the only thing that came to his mind. Maybe too cute when he noticed what she had on. She was more dressed up than usual, trading in her graphic T-shirt and skinny knee-cut jeans for a tank top and a pleated floral skirt today. 

That brought a slight frown to his face. He simply said. “Should have brought your bat.”

“What do I look like carrying my bat to a basketball game!?” Luna gave him a funny look. She may be a softball player for their school but that doesn’t mean they’ll let her carry her bat whenever she wanted.

“You know, it can be like pepper spray but much more effective.” 

The girl rolled her eyes before tugging his hand towards the way to their home.  “C’mon, let’s go home. These heels are killing me.” 

“Why are you even wearing heels to a basketball game?” He let her tug him, his rough hand gently encasing hers. He followed along beside her, making sure to stay close to her as the pair passed by a few drunk people.  

“‘Cause…just ‘cause,” Luna answered hesitantly, pulling her hand away when she noticed he was walking with her. She quickly added in. “I wanted to look fabulous when we crushed those Warriors!” Her voice became energized at the mention of their rival school.

Kris too felt his chest burn at the mention of them. “Pshh. They aren’t worth it for you to dress up. I already knew I was going to wipe them out tonight.” He beamed with pride. 

“All ‘cause of the superstar himself!”

“Damn right!”

She burst out in laughter. “I knew you liked that title.” 

“Shush little lunabug.”

“Yah, stop!” She whined, skipping ahead of him. Ugh, why couldn’t he have a better nickname for her. It was a constant embarrassing reminder that she accidentally ate a ladybug in the third grade. At least his nickname, “superstar," was pretty good compared to “lunabug.”

With a few quick strides, he caught up to her and gently took her hand to keep her from going any further. “Okay, okay. I’ll stop.” He couldn’t help but grin stupidly as she huffed a little. Unlike her, the taller didn’t let go of her hand.

“Thanks for coming to my game, Luna.” He said gratefully. "It felt nice having you there to cheer me on and stuff.” Though…even if she wasn’t there, he would still have other girls cheering him on. 

The pair stayed silent, simply enjoying the moment they had right now. Kris’ thumb would brush over her knuckles while Luna would gently squeeze his hand. They had busy schedules filled with practices and classes but even in their free time, they were with their teammates. So it was nice being together like this, hands linked together. 

┅ ┅┅ ┅

Eventually, a pair of familiar building complexes came into view, signaling the end of their moment. Like earlier, she was the first to pull her hand away. She turned to him and reached to pat his cheek a few times since she couldn’t reach the top of his head. “Good job today, superstar.” He rolled his eyes, letting her get away with it. “Now don’t go slacking off. You still have the semi-finals.” 

“Psh. As if.” He boosted haughtily with a smirk

Luna grinned and waved as she slowly walked over to the door. “Night. Sweet dreams.” With that, she entered into her building complex, pressing a hand over her giddy heart. 

“Night…” He said, staring at her retreating figure. Funny how he couldn’t even muster enough courage to do more than just say ‘night.’ His hand came up to mess through his blond locks in slight frustration before entering his building.