Chapter 55

As Time Goes By
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stop, please. I’m tired.” Jessica told him, closing her eyes a bit.

“I’m tired of seeing you too,” Donghae said.

“Not that,” Jessica groaned. “What’s the point of explaining?” she said as she pushed him softly out of her way and continued walking slowly before stopping a few feet away, waiting patiently and tiredly.

“Someone just keeps getting more rude every time I see her,” Donghae muttered before walking towards the hotel door again. Before he could walk inside, a scream was heard and muttering was heard as well. Turning around quickly, Donghae saw a familiar girl and boy run towards the crowd, pushing them aside.

“Jessica Unnie!!” Seohyun cried, shaking the unconscious body on the ground. Donghae’s eyes quickly widened as he ran towards the crowd, looking at Jessica’s tired face. “Unnie, wake up!!”

“What happened?” Donghae muttered.

"I'll call for help," Jinwoon said, pulling out his phone.

"No. Let me-," Donghae started, reaching for Jessica's body as Seohyun watched him. But before his hands could touch her, another figure ran in next to Seohyun's side.

"Jiyong, please help Unnie." Seohyun begged.

"I'll take her to the car," Jiyong told her before picking up Jessica and looking at Donghae. Ignoring him, the three ran off towards Jiyong's car leaving Donghae standing there alone as the crowd dispersed.

"I..." He started watching the three. "What's the point of helping? She hates me anyways. It's not like she will ever forgive me." He said, looking down at his hands before walking away.

 

"Lee Donghae?" Taeyeon asked as Seohyun nodded.

"They are bothering us." Tiffany muttered while the girls sat on the couch.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Sooyoung spoke up.

"How would you know?" Hyoyeon asked.

"People have their reasons." Sooyoung said.

"So do we." Yuri replied.

"Let's not argue," Sunny spoke up. "That's the last thing we need right now."

“Why now? Right when we were starting to settle down.” Taeyeon said.

“What do we do about them?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I don’t know anymore,” Taeyeon sighed.

 

Donghae waited patiently outside the hotel the next morning, pacing back and forth while biting on his bottom lip. “She hates me, I know it. She’s going to make me go away. It always happens. Why do I always have to be such a jerk?” he muttered.

"I’m fine, I’m not that tired,” said a voice as Donghae looked over and saw Jessica walking with the guy from the night before.

"I should get going then," Jiyong smiled. "I have some music to produce and record."

"I'm excited for it. I can't wait to hear it. When will you release it?" Jessica asked.

"We’re actually having a small concert some time next week. I was going to invite you to come.” Jiyong said shyly while scratching the back of his neck.

“I’d love to come!” Jessica smiled.

“That’s great,” Jiyong smiled. “I should get going, you should too.” he said before waving and walking off.

“Be careful,” Jessica told him as she waved back before turning around and heading towards the hotel. Before she could walk any further, her eyes met Donghae’s as her’s widened and she quickened her pace.

“J-Jessica, wait,” Donghae called after her. “Let me explain. Please.” he begged.

“Explain what? Haven’t you already said and done enough? What more do you want, Donghae?” Jessica asked.

“I want to apologize. For everything I’ve done,” Donghae replied.

“Everything? Do you really think I would forgive you after what you did to me in the past?” Jessica questioned.

“Are you saying everything in the past is my fault?” Donghae asked.

“Yes. Isn’t it obvious?” Jessica replied.

“You made a mistake too! Why are you blaming it on me?” Donghae questioned.

“Me? You didn’t even let me explain,” Jessica told him. “I’ve had enough of you already. I’ve seen enough of you for the past few days. Just leave me alone and pretend I don’t exist like what you’ve been doing.” She said, before leaving into the hotel.

 

“So is Jessica fine now?” Jinwoon asked .

“She woke up and went to work right away. She’s fine.” Seohyun smiled.

“All nine of you shouldn’t work so hard, it’s making you girls sick,” Jinwoon said.

“We need it though,” Seohyun replied as the two arrived at the school.

“But still, you can’t-,” Jinwoon started as Seohyun put a finger on his lips.

“Shhhh, I understand,” Seohyun laughed softly as Kyuhyun walked out the school with Seungyeon and saw them.

“I’m just worried about you girls, especially you,” Jinwoon said as Seohyun hugged him, resting her head on his chest.

“I know you are, and I’m thankful for that. You’ve done a lot for us, a lot more than anyone else in this world,” Seohyun smiled as Jinwoon hugged her back.

“As long as you know I’m here for you,” Jinwoon chuckled, pulling back as Kyuhyun pulled Seungyeon and walked in between them, pushing Seohyun slightly.

“My mistake,” Kyuhyun smirked.

“I’m so sorry,” Seungyeon bowed.

“What are you sorry for? They were in our way,” Kyuhyun replied. “You go to the car first.”

“Kyu-,” Seungyeon started but received a glare from him as she left to the car.

“I don’t want to deal with you right now,” Seohyun whispered as Jinwoon led her towards the inside of the school.

“I’ll pick you up later, call me if anything happens,” Jinwoon smiled, ruffling her hair as he walked out, ignoring Kyuhyun. Smiling softly, Seohyun started walking to class, but before she could, Kyuhyun grabbed her wrist.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Seohyun asked, pulling her wrist away.

“You and him are really close,” Kyuhyun started.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t care how you feel? I don’t care what you think! Just leave me alone.” Seohyun demanded.

“That’s impossible for me to do. Why should I leave you alone?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Because we don’t have any type of relationship with each other,” Seohyun replied.

“Actually we were once in a relationship,” Kyuhyun told her.

“Your girlfriend is waiting for you, shouldn’t you be with her. I have to go,” Seohyun said coldly as Kyuhyun grabbed her wrist again.

“Hey,” Kyuhyun called.

“I have a name, but wait, you probably don’t even want to say it,” Seohyun replied, walking away from him.

“Why am I acting this way?” Kyuhyun muttered, before turning around and leaving.

 

“There’s no one today,” Yoona muttered, sitting inside the makeup store and putting the products on the shelf.

“Yoona, I’ll be back. I need to get more in the back,” her co-worker smiled as Yoona nodded and the lady left.

“I’ll be here,” Yoona replied with a sigh, trying to put the right products on the right shelf. Walking around slowly, her hands felt around to find the box, trying to get the products inside.

Outside, Kibum was walking around, looking for something to buy for the girl his dad set him up with. He was basically forced to buy it, he didn't have a choice. Walking into the makeup store, the bell on the door rang.

"Welcome!" Quickly turning around, Yoona hit the products as it fell off the shelf. Seeing her, Kibum froze. "Is someone there?" She asked, getting her knees as she felt around, trying to find the product.

"I'll help you," Kibum spoke up, walking to her as he helped her, his eyes not leaving her once.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for causing trouble," Yoona apologized as Kibum shook his head, forgetting she couldn't see him. Hearing the door open again, Yoona stood up. "Welcome." She bowed.

"It's us." The regular costumer said with a friend by her side. "I brought my friend to this place since it's so great. Just continue helping the young man."

"Thank you." Yoona bowed, placing the products carefully with Kibum helping her and watching her, slightly amazed. "What can I help you with, Sir?" She asked.

"I'm here to buy makeup for a girl," Kibum replied.

"I see. This is popular right now," Yoona said, feeling the shelf and the products as she got to the one she wanted, standing there not knowing if Kibum was still there.

"What's wrong with her?" The new costumer asked.

"She's blind. She's been blind since the day she worked here," the other replied as Yoona sighed softly.

"It looks great," Kibum said, looking at the makeup, speaking up so Yoona couldn't hear the others. While he looked at the product, Yoona's blank eyes were in his direction, making him nervous.

"Your voice sounds very familiar," Yoona spoke up.

"D-Does it?" Kibum asked. "Do you remember me?"

"It's you." Yoona said as Kibum took a step forward his shaking hands reaching for hers. "The guy at the hospital that day." She finished and Kibum's hands fell to his side once again.

"Oh yeah." Kibum said, slightly disappointed. "That's me. I knew you looked familiar."

“Did you find what you want?” Yoona asked, swallowing nervously.

“Yeah I did. Thanks.” Kibum replied.

“Yoona, it’s you lunch break, the doctor came to pick you up,” her coworker said, coming out from the back.

“Taecyeon?” Yoona asked with a small smile. “She will help you now. I hope your girlfriend likes it.” She bowed, making her way slowly outside after getting her things.

“She’s not my...” Kibum sighed, staring at how sage Yoona was with Taecyeon. “She doesn’t remember me. It’s better than way.”

 

“I can’t. Working for Yesung is going to be the worst decision I ever made in my life,” Yuri muttered. “But we need the money.” She whispered, taking a deep breath before walking into his new office.

“Yuri, you’re here,” Yesung said, glancing at her.

“Make it quick, what do I have to do?” Yuri asked rudely.

“Someone’s a little rude,” Yesung rolled his eyes.

“It’s not my fault you made me treat you this way,” Yuri replied.

“Not your fault? Sure,” Yesung said.

“Are you going to give me a job or not? If you won’t I’m going to go find another one. I rather work for hours than with someone like you,” Yuri told him.

“Are you sure about that? You didn’t even finish college, would someone really accept someone like you?” Yesung scoffed.

“I don’t even know why I’m here. I don’t even know why I’m talking to you.” Yuri said.

“You’re the one that was being a liar back then,” Yesung muttered.

“Me? A liar? You took your dad’s side!” Yuri screamed.

“He’s my dad! What else am I supposed to do?” Yesung asked.

“Look for proof,” Yuri replied.

“The proof was right in front of my eyes!” Yesung replied.

“You didn’t ask for my side of the story!” Yuri yelled. “I can’t work with you. I don’t need your stupid job. I’m leaving.” She said, walking out the office and slamming his door.

“I didn’t want you to work here anyways!” Yesung shouted, pushing his things to the side. “Nothing ever goes right when she’s around.”

 

“Really?” Taeyeon laughed while Kangin and her were sitting at the tables, outside the restaurant.

“I was just standing there and the kid pushed me saying I was a bear. It was embarrassing!” Kangin chuckled.

“What happened to your phone then?” Taeyeon asked.

“When I fell into the pool it broke and then dad didn’t give me a phone till I was in college,” Kangin explained.

“That’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter