Time and Fallen Leaves

Time and Fallen Leaves (Sequel to Melted)

It has been 5 years since the death of Jungkook's one special person. After living happily for so long...He stood still in time when she passed. Today was her 5th death anniversary...

After she passed it was not an easy road for Jungkook. He stayed inside the apartment they shared a month. He barely left other than to buy groceries. He sat each day on the couch. He watched TV, but not for entertainment. He watched to pass the time. Every so often he would laugh at a joke, but then turn to see that she wasn't there next to him. When he remembered he broke down into tears again. His trainee friends and the cafe owner who employed him would check in on him as often as they could. The cafe owner would bring him food and cook for him once in a while. His friends  brought over dvds to watch with him. He never laughed , he never smiled.

All Jungkook could feel was guilt. It was his fault she ended up like this. "If only I had given that man out groceries...If only I was stronger...If only I had never stayed with her...Maybe she would have lived..." He had those thoughts daily. Everyday he woke up and started to think these thoughts. He ate, but barely. He was holed up and everyday was like the other. He didn't even go to work or the company. The cafe owner took it up upon herself to pay his bills. He refused, but she paid anyways. He felt even more guilty as the few people he had around him had to support him. One day he had broken down after the cafe owner and his friends came over to visit.

"Leave..." He said.

"What did you say?" His friend Namjoon asked.

"I said leave. All of you." 

"What if I don't want to leave?"

"JUST LEAVE! I don't deserve any of this. I shouldn't be alive. It should be her not me. IF ONLY I HAD PROTECTED HER! IF ONLY-IF ONLY!" His face was red and tears flowed. The cafe owner was shocked and his friends were as well, except for Namjoon. He had stepped forward and slapped his younger across his face.

"How about you stop Jeon Jungkook?! Everyday you sit and you weep. Do you think she would want this? Don't you think that she would want you to be living happily?" 

"I don't deserve it! If only I had been stronger! She deserves all this not me!" The boy fell to his knees. Namjoon slapped him again.

"Snap back into your senses Jeon Jungook! Stop with the what ifs! You are alive and that's how fate played out! Don't say you wished you had never met her! You gave her happy memories. Both of you were happy! She was happy when she died! You need to know that! Remember how you made her the happiest girl in the world. She may have never experienced those happy memories without you! You were happy too, weren't you?" 

"I-I-"Jungkook had no words to say to his elder.

"Jungkook, you can't change the past, but you can live knowing she was happy in her last moments. Live knowing that you changed her life. Live knowing she would be happy if you were happy. The past is the past and we are only human Jungkook..."  Jungkook was shocked. The teary-eyed boy sat motionless on the ground. Namjoon gave him a pat on the back.

"We're leaving. We'll come back when you decide that you are done with the what-ifs." Namjoon and the rest left. The cafe owner hesitated, but she left as well. Jungkook still remained on the floor in silence. He kept thinking back to what Namjoon had said to him. The words echoed continuously through his head.

It seemed as if hours had passed before the boy snapped out of his daze. He glanced outside and it was already dark. He finally stood up and just brushed his teeth. He gave himself a good look in the mirror. His hair was tangled and his dark circles seemed to stretch pass his knees. The boy went to bed with a single thought in his head. Live knowing she would be happy if you were happy.

That morning the boy dressed and took his first step out of the apartment in 2 weeks. Jungkook headed to the hair salon. He cut his long overgrown hair and afterwards went to the grocery store. He came home and set the food on the table that shared the two's many memories. Jungkook started cleaning the apartment from top to bottom. He looked at the table and smiled before wiping it clean. Then he entered her room... It still looked as if it was eagerly waiting for her to return, but he knew that day would never come. 

Jungkook went to the kitchen and started cooking. He knew he couldn't do much, but he cooked pancakes and bibimbap. He brought a tray of food with him into her room to eat. He ate and reminisced his memories with her. Eating the pancakes he onced made her, the bibimbap from before...tears formed as he ate...He cried as he took his last bite. Thank-you for the meal...

Jungkook cleaned up the dishes. He looked at the room one last time. This is the last good-bye... The boy smiled with tears in his eyes. He took a bin out and started packing her belongings. 

The next day Jungkook called Namjoon and the cafe owner over. Everyone had soon gathered around the apartment.

"So, I take it you have done some thinking." Namjoon walked through the door.

"Yes, I have. Thank-you Namjoon hyung." Jungkook smiled brightly. 

Jungkook had taken the first steps towards happiness again. He resumed work and training again, and within a year he had debuted and was a full time idol. 

The came when Jungkook stood at the front door and looked at the once filled apartment. He gave one last glance to where the table full of memories once stood, and then he shut the door. Jungkook gave the door one last look.

"Jungkookie! You ready to go? Everything's in the moving truck already! We gotta get settled into the new dorm!" s yelled.

"Yes, I'm coming." He smiled as he walked away from the door. 

On her 3rd death anniversary all he could do was smile at the ring he held up on a chain. 

On her 5th death anniversary, he walked passed the apartment they once shared and let the memories flow back. Some how Jungkook had ended up in front of the apartment door. Hesitantly he rang the door bell. When the door opened, he looked down to see a little girl. Her mother came to the door and asked what he came for.

"It's nothing...wrong house." He smiled and walked away. Jungkook walked to the park where they had onced walked through so many times...He looked at the spot where he had proposed. That single spot had a beam of sunlight on this cloudly day. He continued his journey to the mall and visited the jewelry store owner. As he continued down the street he walked into the  cafe. The owner greeted him with complementary coffee and sweets. He laughed and chuckled as he spoke to her. Then he took his leave. Just as he arrived at his last destination, it had started to rain. 

The place where this had all started. His tears fell in unison with the sky. He looked over to the exact curb he sat at once before, but instead of an empty spot, he saw a girl. She sat and weeped. Jungkook walked towards her and placed his umbrella over her head. She looked up into his eyes. It was as if the world had stopped. The rain had ceased and the sun had peaked out from behind the clouds.

It had been 5 years since Jungkook saw this familiar face.

Hello world, long time no see. It has been a very long time since I promised a sequel and now it's here! To be honest this sequel was going to end up much differently since I announced the sequel before Time and Fallen Leaves came out, but I was busy and finally had time to write. There will be one more story for this one shot, so look forward to that. Thanks to those who commented and subscribed! :D And check out my fanfiction Find the Real Me which I just updated as well. ^^