Until You Say Yes

Until You Say Yes

Kibum is lying on the sofa, texting on his phone, when Minho comes to the living room and joins him on what little space is left on the couch.

“Whatever it is, no.”

Without looking away from his phone, Kibum manages to speak before Minho can open his mouth, his fingers still busy typing replies to his messages.

Minho doesn’t even have to say a single word for Kibum to know that his boyfriend has a favour to ask of him. In fact, Minho isn’t one bit surprised that Kibum has seen right through him. After being together for 5 years and counting, you can say they’re telepathic in a sense.

“But I haven’t even told you what it is…” Minho is torn between laughing and crying.

Kibum finally turns his attention away from his phone as he sits up, crossing his legs together, and looks at his boyfriend.

“I’m a busy person.” Kibum states, “Time is money.”

Minho scoots closer and mirrors Kibum’s position, both of them now sitting face to face on the sofa.

“I know, Kibummie,” Minho smiles as he places his hand on Kibum’s bent knee, thumb him lovingly, “But I also know that you’re free tomorrow so…”

“I’m free tomorrow because we’re supposed to go on a date, Choi Minho.” Kibum narrows his eyes dangerously at his boyfriend, “Are you telling me that there’s going to be a change of plans?”

“Maybe?” Minho bites his bottom lip, “I just got a call from hyung and he asked if I could babysit Yoogeun for the day…”

“You said yes?”

“Yeah…”

“Then that’s not a maybe anymore, Minho.” Kibum sighs, “How are we supposed to go on a date when you have to take care of Yoogeun?”

“We could babysit together?” Minho voices out the idea that has been on his mind since he ended the call with his brother, “That way, we’ll still be spending time with each other.”

“Yeah right, more like making me do all the work…” Kibum scoffs.

Holding back a laugh, Minho shrugs, “Can’t help that you’re just too good with him… he loves you a lot.”

“And I love him too but no.”

“No?”

“I’m not going to babysit with you.”

“Why not?”

“Because you’re the one who said yes,” Kibum pokes Minho on his cheek, “Not me.”

“Kibum…” Minho sticks out his bottom lip and puts on his best pitiful look, “Baby, please?”

“No.”

“I’ll make it up to you?” Minho takes Kibum’s hand in his and begins pressing kisses on each of his fingers.

“How so?”

“I’ll do the dishes for the entire week.”

“Keep talking.”

“Pick a date, I’ll go shopping with you and pay for everything.”

“Would you really?” Kibum is doubtful of that.

“It’s the least I can do after spoiling our plans.” Minho says apologetically as he squeezes Kibum’s hand, “I am sorry, Kibum. I know we haven’t had a proper date in ages but I couldn’t say no to babysitting Yoogeunnie.”

Kibum lets out a breath and punches Minho lightly on his cheek with his other hand, “Stop it. You’re making me feel bad now.”

Minho gives a slight smile before he asks again, “Babysit with me?”

“Why ask when you already know my answer?”

Minho’s smile grows wider as he leans forward and kisses Kibum on his lips.

“Thanks bummie.”

Kibum rolls his eyes, “Just so we’re clear, I’m only doing this because I love Yoogeun.”

“I know.”

“I don’t like you very much right now since you’ve ruined our original plan.”

“It’s okay.”

“But you don’t actually have to make it up to me.” Kibum says, “I’m not that unreasonable.”

“Alright.”

“What’s with the smile on your face?”

“Nothing, nothing.” Minho stops smiling and tries to put on a straight face but fails horribly.

“Choi Minho.” There’s a note of warning in Kibum’s voice.

“Yes baby?”

“Stop it.”

“Stop what?”

“You know what.”

“I can’t help it, Bum, I’m happy!”

“What’s there to be happy about?”

“I’m going to be spending time with two of my favourite people tomorrow,” Minho grins, “Isn’t that a good enough reason?”

“Unfortunately for me, I’ll only be spending time with one.”

Minho gasps exaggeratedly, “I thought you love Yoogeun!”

It takes a moment for Kibum to understand what Minho is saying but when he does, Kibum wastes no time in hitting him on his arm.

“You’re an idiot.”

It’s then Minho can’t resist tackling Kibum in a hug.

“Get off me!”

“Never.”

Minho thinks his boyfriend deserves a big hug for being so understanding (adorably so) even though he doesn’t act like it. It doesn’t take long for Kibum to give up resisting him so Minho decides to throw in a few kisses too…

And while they’re at it, they might as well just do all that they can’t do in front of Yoogeun’s eyes the next day.