Beautiful Eternity Pt.1

Beautiful Stranger (Vanishing Hitchhiker)

FINAL:

 

 

     It's that time of the year again. The last of the autumn leaves already fell as snow covered the land like a thick, fluffy white blanket.

 

     Tiny puffs of air escaped my lips as I quickly trudged towards the cottage while hugging a small bouquet of white lilies and the box of baked goods I made inside my coat to keep to keep them warm. With my free hand, I reached to press the doorbell then brushed my snow covered shoes on the doormat and didn't noticed the door opened.

 

"Oh Seokjin! Do come in!"

 

"Hello Mrs. Jeon-"

 

"Aigoo, it's been a long time now and you still call me Mrs Jeon." the middle-aged lady woman said with a playful glare followed by a chortle. "Auntie's fine, Seokjin-ah~" I ended up chuckling as well, then entered the abode.

 

"Sorry M-auntie." I grinned sheepishly then hand her the box. "I made these for you."

 

"Oh you lovely child~" she laughed. "Thank you dear." she spotted the bouquet I was holding and gave me a cheeky grin." Are those for Jungkookie?"

 

"Y-yes." heat somehow managed to creep from my neck up to my face and Mrs Jeon laughed again.

 

"You can go visit him while I finish making the pie." I nodded and went through the other door.

 

     After I went here to return something her son owned and discovered his story, it became a habit of mine to visit here every once in a while. I know it must've been hard for her to lose someone dear-especially a son. She also must've felt lonely being alone so I drop by whenever I can to catch-up and keep her company for a while. Mrs Jeon has basically become my other mom. She'll always tell stories about Jungkook and I got to know him better and deeper.

 

     I reached the town cemetery and swung the iron gate pen then walk to his resting place. A smile immediately formed on my lips as soon as I spot him. I used my hand to brush off some snow covering the headstone of the tomb then placed the bouquet on it.

 

"Hey Jungkook-ah."

 

     It's been a year and a few months since my encounter with (her late son) Jungkook, the night I was heading to my brother's place and I still clearly recall the events that happened that night.

 

     How could I forget it? It's a really huge shocker and a bit much to take in all at once-it's not something that just normally occurs everyday.

 

     But I'm still glad and really grateful that I met him even if it's not the most normal way and even if I only got to be with him for a short while. I may not have fully met him nor get to be with him longer but Jungkook sure made a huge and different impact in my life.

 

     Like he stated in the letter he left in my coat's pocket, he said he would visit in my dreams-he does. Jungkook appears in my dreams sometimes but just brief moments. He would often tell he's okay and sometimes he would share some short stories. Then he'll tell to take care always then he'll bid me goodbye with the same adorable bunny smile that I grew to love and miss at the same time.

 

"Pie's ready, dear." I jumped a bit when I heard someone spoke and tapped my shoulder. I turned to see Mrs. Jeon smiling warmly.

 

"O-oh I'll be there auntie."

 

"Alright, I'll go first ne?" she then went to her son's tomb and caressed his headstone before making her way back to the house.

 

"I'll be back, Jungkook-ah. I'll visit again soon. Take care~" I spoke to his tomb before I made my way back as well. There was a soft breeze that came by, I glanced back at his resting place again and grinned as if he's there then continued my way back. When midday came, I decided to go.

 

"Thank you or having me auntie."

 

"D'aww it's nothing Seokjin-ah. You're like a son to me now, you know." we shared a hearty laugh before she walked me to the porch. "Come again soon, okay?" I took her hand and give it a gentle squeeze.

 

"I will." then I turned to leave but before I can take a step, Mrs Jeon grabbed my wrist making making me turn to her in mild surprise.

 

"Be safe, Seokjin-ah." she said a bit apprehensively, gripping my wrist a bit tighter. Traces of ear and worry, etched on her face.

 

"N-ne, I will." I said still a bit confused. She then, pulled me in a hug making me more bewildered but nonetheless, I hugged her back.

 

"Alright go now, Seokjin-ah." she gave me soft grin.

 

"Okay, bye auntie." I walked towards my car. With one last wave, I clambered inside then drove towards the Min residence.

 

 

 

 

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

 

 

"Jin-hyung!" Yoongi greeted me as soon as I pulled up the front.

 

"Hey Yoongs." the now silver-haired man scowled at the given nickname. I noticed that he's wearing a reindeer antler headband and a red reindeer nose and a matching sweater. "What's with the get-up?" I tried hard not to laugh but yeah, I failed.

 

"Jimin made me wear it!" he whined, pink hue dusting his pale cheeks.

 

"Wow the Min Yoongi whining." I teased in mock awe. "Never thought I'd see that day." he scowled at me again and was about to fire a retort when Jimin's voice rang through the household.

 

"Oh shut it hyung, don't deny that you like it." he said appearing in the door way holding a pair of mittens. He then spotted me-Oh boy, brace yourself Jinnie. In three...two...one- "JINNIE HYUNG!"

 

     Jimin squealed and launched himself at me then squeezed me in a bear hug as if we didn't see each other in many light years.  I just laughed ad hugged him equally back. My brother is a grown man and is still clingy and adorable like a baby.

 

"Take these and put it on Jihoonie." he hand the mittens to Yoongi. "I'll go make some hot chocolate. They're at the backyard hyung."

 

"I want to help~" I head locked him and ruffled his hair.

 

"Okay hyung!" We head to the kitchen and start making some hot chocolate.

 

"So how has my dearest baby brother been this past weeks?" I leaned on the counter while he search the cabinets.

 

"We're good. Jihoonie's getting quite a handful but everything's fine!" he said as he tried to reach the cocoa pack in the top cabinet making me chuckle.

 

"Aigoo let hyung get it for you Jiminnie~" I grabbed it and hand it for him. He huffed and stuck a tongue me then whacked me on my shoulder.

 

"Meanie~" he giggled as he start making the hot choco. "Yah I thought you're going to help me~"

 

"I'm on it~"

 

"How about you hyungie?"

 

"Me? Well same old, same old."

 

"Whatever Jin-hyung." Jimin rolled his eyes at me. "Oh how's Jungkook doing?"

 

     I froze at the question for a moment. Well, I hadn't exactly told anyone about Jungkook's real story and I plan to keep it that way. I just made up some story that he migrated to America to attend and finish his college education there but I do feel really guilty about lying about it all the time, I just don't have any idea how to say it to them or anyone so I just keep it to myself and Mrs Jeon, of course.

 

"Oh he's fine, he's doing well there. He misses Korea." I told him, my stomach doing a flip.

 

"Well that's good. Is it just Korea he misses or it's you?" he teased with a knowing grin.

 

"YAH." I laughed, flicking him on the forehead then a flicking war ensued. It went on for few minutes until I called truce because it's hard to win against Jimin. "Okay, okay I'll let you win this time Jiminnie~"

 

"Pft. Whatever hyung." he snickered as he patch up the area. "I'll go finish these hyung, just go to the yard."

 

     I head to the yard and grinned at the sight before me. Yoongi and Jihoon were playing tag and both were laughing out loud and have huge smiles on their faces, eyes turning into slits. Jihoon spotted me and let out a loud squeal.

 

"Uncle Jin!" he ran towards me and wrapped his tiny arms around my legs, nearly causing is to topple. Yup, just like Jimin.

 

"Hey Hoonie! Having fun?" I crouched down to his level and kissed both of his chubby cheeks earning me some sweet giggles.

 

"Yes uncle Jin! Daddy's the reindeer but he's not as fast as Rudolf." he giggled again, covering his mouth with his tiny fists.

 

"Hey I can hear you, you meanie." Yoongi called from the yard causing both of us to laugh."

 

"Hot chocolate's done~" Jimin said coming from the kitchen.

 

"Appa! Let's build a snowman!" Jihoon grabbed Jimin's hand and pulled him back to the yard. A chuckle escaped my lips as I went back inside to grab a mug.

 

     When I came back, they were starting to build the snowman. Jihoon was excitedly making the body with Jimin and Yoongi. There was a mischievous glint in Yoongi's eyes as he cup a handful of snow.

 

"Jiminnie~"

 

"Ye-" Yoongi threw the snow right on Jimin's face. "MIN YOONGI!" Soon, a mini snowball fight happened. Jihoon joined and teamed up with Jimin against Yoongi.

 

     I just stood there at the back porch watching them. It was a really heart-warming sight. Yoongi then raised his hand in surrender and called for ceasefire and the duo high-fived in victory. Yoongi went inside to grab a mug before joining me in my spot.

 

     Jihoon and Jimin resumed building their snowman and Yoongi watched them with a goofy grin and love struck eyes. I can't but laugh out loud at my bestfriend. This was not the tough, badass, swaggy Min Yoongi I meat in middle school.

 

"What?" he asked and I shook my head while clutching my stomach.

 

"Wow who are you and what have you done to Min Yoongi?" I laughed. "You're all gooey and heart shaped-eyes- where's the swag Yoongi?"

 

"YAH HYUNG!" he whacked me on the arm. That's it, I therefore conclude that I, Kim Seokjin, will forever be the Min's punching bag. "I still have my swag."

 

"Whatever Yoongs." I managed to choke out between my laughter. Yoongi scowled again. "But really, thank you Yoongi."

 

"Eh, what for hyung?" he asked, giving me an astonished look. I was surprised myself too but all of a sudden, words just flow out.

 

"Well thank you for taking good care of my brother. He's been through a lot and all I want is to see him happy and in good hands-he's really lucky he has you. I see how you make Jimin so happy and I'm really thankful for that. And honestly, I didn't expect it from you at first but you make a really good dad." Yoongi stared at me with his mouth agape, really taken aback with my sudden words. I am too, honestly-I just feel like I had to say it and I don't now why but I don't mind though-it somehow made me feel elated and light.

 

"Wow hyung, that's really...nice."

 

"Wow way to go ruin the mood Min Yoongi." we shared a laugh. "But really, take good care of them okay? And I don't want to see my brother cry, ever. Understood?"

 

"You can count on me with that." the younger grinned his signature gummy smile. "This is so cheesy and sudden! Geez hyung are dying? Why do you sound like you're saying goodbye?"

 

     We just laughed again and finished our hot choco while watching Jihoon and Jimin finish their snowman then spent the rest of the day with them.

 

"Bye uncle Jin." the little kid yawned in his father's arms.

 

"Sleep well Hoonie~"  I kissed the top of his head before he buried his face on Yoongi's neck.

 

"Take care hyung, thanks for dropping by." Yoongi said rocking an almost asleep Jihoon side to side. I chuckled and nodded. I turned to Jimin and he was staring at me with the same, familiar  look Mrs Jeon has earlier. I frowned a bit and was about to ask him if everything's alright when he suddenly engulfed me in an embrace-not the bear hug one he always does to me but a tender one. I wrapped my arms around him with and he doesn't let go for a while. We stayed like that for a while until he lift his head up.

 

"Is there something wrong Jimin-ah?" he shook his head. I could also see traces of fear and worry on his face which made a bit confused.

 

"Will I see you again hyungie?" he asked, pouting a bit. Chuckles freely escaped my mouth at the sight of him. I can't believe this person is in his 20s. I pecked my brother's forehead.

 

"What's that question Jiminnie~ Why would you not see me? I am not going anywhere." he gave me a real pout this time. "Of course you'll still see your favorite hyung~"

 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

*gasps*

waaaaaaaaahhhhh omg so the awaited sequel is up! hahahahaha

omg so this part acts like a filler chapter lol

and the end part is sorta a discreet cliffhanger? lmao hahahaha

question is: What's happening? HAHA

I'll leave that to the next chappie hahaha

THE NEXT CHAPPIE HAS IT ALL I TELL YOU.

I suggest you prepare tissues if needed haha

*winkeu winkeu*

 

HAHA TIL THE NEXT CHAPPIE! <3

 

~PAIGE