Beautiful Stranger

Beautiful Stranger (Vanishing Hitchhiker)

(Seokjin's P.O.V.)

 

   "Jinnie-hyung, don't forget to come okay?"

 

"Yes Jimin-ah, I'm on my way."

 

     Damn. This traffic jam would take me forever to go to reach Jimin and Yoongi's party. I've been here for the past hour-it's getting dark and I'm not even halfway there yet. My eyes search for a possible detour road. Aha! There's one oh my god! Good thing it's near and I can easily make a turn there. Well, I hope there won't be any traffic jam here.

 

     Well, I'm glad that the road is clear-literally clear. No cars or anything, only mine-but it's quite eerie to be honest. One long, lonely road with just trees lining both sides of the road isn't my favorite place to be but I have no choice. Aigoo, I am now rethinking my life choices. This is like the typical horror flick scene-okay enough Seokjin, you've been watching too many horror flicks. Well, it was nightfall already and it got creepier and eerier.

 

     The sign says I'm only few kilometers away! That's great! I can't really wait to get off this creepy road. Nothing but the trees, my car, myself and that walking boy- wait what?

 

      I slowed down a bit and rolled down the car window to get a clearer view. Indeed it was a boy. What's he doing walking alone in this creepy road? It's pretty chilly outside too, he's just in shirt and jean clad-how can he walk outside in this kind of weather? Should I just leave him? Ugh. My Goody-Two Shoes side showed again.

 

     Before I have an internal battle with myself, my body moved for me. I stopped and pressed the car horn. Oh my god Kim Seokjin, what have you done? What if this is all just a trick or-or an illusion? This kind of scene is familiar. What if that boy will lure you to his trap and is really a demonic being that will gobble you up in nowhere just like-okay that's enough Kim Seokjin! You should stop watching horror movies-OMO he's turning around-

 

     Wow.

 

     Wow is all that I could think of at the moment he turned around. He's the exact opposite of the demonic being I described earlier but he gives a vibe that I couldn't explain.

 

     He looks...beautiful...so aesthetic... I couldn't find other words to describe this boy. His complexion is really pale-like the moon. His dark fringes makes his complexion even paler. He has huge, innocent dark brown orbs that has a soft gaze but somehow they look sad? He also has plump-not as plump as mine though but anyway-plump, light pink lips  and his visage-gosh his visage is the first thing that caught my attention. He was like a human porcelain doll.

 

     His gaze met mine and I was entranced. He looked away and I felt my cheeks warm. I must've stared too long-god Seokjin! You're such a creeper. I cleared my throat garnering back his attention.

 

"E-excuse me? I can't help wondering why are you walking alone in here? Are you going home or something? It's pretty chilly out there too"

 

"N-not yet." he answered. Even his voice is hauntingly beautiful. "I-I don't  know where I want to go." Well, I don't want to leave him alone here and I'll be late to the Min's.

 

"Well, you can join me to my friends' party. " I offered startling the both of us. What have you gotten yourself into Kin Seokjin? This is another trap! He could in glamour and you'll end up-no enough of those okay?! Well he look pretty harmless? I guess?

 

"No-no it's okay. I don't want to intrude."

 

"It's fine. My friends won't mind." He was about to protest but I insisted. Hesitantly, he opened the car door and hopped inside then I continued driving. "I'm Seokjin by the way. Kim Seokjin."

 

"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook." the boy answered shyly. I engaged him into small talks and got know some things about each other along the way.  I finally reached the Min residence, I got a bit scolding and a whack on the head from Yoongi for being late.

 

"Oww what was that for?" I massaged the part he hit me. For a small person, Yoongi's strong. He gave me a pointed glare.

 

"You know Jiminnie won't calm down because you weren't here yet. He thought you forgot-you almost made him cry." Yoongi said then his gaze shifted to Jungkook, who hid behind my back. He then, smirked at me. "Wow finally, Jin-hyung. You're turning into a man." Yoongi smirked making me glare at him.

 

"Whatever Yoongi-" before I could continue, someone tackled me in a really tight hug almost causing me to lose balance.

 

"Jinnie-hyung!" Jimin almost squeaked as he squeeze the life out of me then proceed to pincj my cheeks. Great. I'm always a human punching with these two. "Why are you late? I almost thought you forgot you r own brother's birthday!"

 

"What-NO! I got caught in a heavy traffic in the main so I searched for a de-tour route. Sorry for being late Jiminnie." he pouted at me for a while then broke out to a wide grin, hiding his eyes. Yep, that's my brother.

 

"Alright you're forgiven-Oh who's that?" he pointed at Jungkook, who look away and bit his lower lip.

 

 "Uhh...this is my friend Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook, this is my git of a bestfriend, Min Yoongi-" the mint green haired man waved. "And my brother and also his other half, Park Jimin."

 

"H-hello, nice to meet you." Jungkook bowed. "Happy Birthday Jimin-ssi."

 

"Aww...thank you. He's adorable hyung." Jimin winked at me and cooed, hugging Yoongi from behind making him grin like an idiot. These two-ugh lovesick fools. "Come on let's go in!"

 

 Everyone-the rest go to know Jungkook. Well, he's a bit shy but he's alright and seemed to have fun. When it was getting late, Jungkook said he had to go home. We bid the Mins goodbye and leave. I offered him my coat because it was really chilly outside.

 

"Come back again soon hyungie!" Jimin called after us. "You too Jungkook!"

 

"Yeah and be safe! Nice to meet you again, kid!" Yoongi added. With one last wave, I drove back down that road while Jungkook told me directions to the town and told me to stop in front of a cobbled pathwalk. I offered to walk him he said he'll be fine.

 

"Thank you so much Jin-hyung, for everything." he grinned at me-god his bunny smile is even more adorable. He looked so precious. I felt myself grin back at him. "I really had a great time. I'll see you again someday."

 

"You're welcome! I did too!" I said with a small chuckle. "I hope I can see you again some time." he stared at me for a moment-his doe eyes bore the same expression when I saw him earlier. He looked as if he wanted to tell me something. After a moment, he gave me a small smile and nodded.

 

"Goodbye Jin-hyung. Take care~" he said before walking away. I watched him walk away a bit then made my way back to the car. I turned around to see if he's still there but he already vanished. That was fast. I hopped inside and drove back to my home.

 

     On my way back. I noticed something red on the car floor-it was a red hanky. Jungkook must've left it. I can't turn back now since I'm near my own place already. Well, it's my day off tomorrow in a few days and I don't have something to do plus I left my coat with him-I have a reason to see him again.

 

Xoxo

 

     So, I'm in my car again on my way back to that road going to Jungkook's house. I pulled up where I dropped him off few nights ago and walk up to the path. There was a small cottage nearby so I decided to ask there first. A pretty, middle-aged woman opened the door.

 

"Goodmorning, my name is Kim Seokjin." I grinned and she grinned back. "Uhmm is this the Jeon residence?"

 

"Yes it is." she said. Oh she must be Jungkook's mom? Well they do have the same eyes aand he does resemble her.

 

"Oh, may I ask if Jungkook is around?" All of a sudden, her smiling face was replaced with a shocked one.

 

"P-pardon?"

 

"Uhmm...is Jungkook around? He left this with me last night." I fished thae handkerchief in my pocket and showed it to her. She took it and her eyes become wide as dimes. She studied it with both a shocked and sad expression. "And I kind of left my coat with him too." she stared at the hanky again before looking at me.

 

"Please come in, Seokjin. I've got to tell you something." she lead me inside the cozy house and made me sit on the couch.  "I'm Jungkook's mother. You said he left this with you last night? How?"

 

"Well, I saw him walking alone down that road last night and I asked him if he's going home and he said not yet." I explained. "So I offered to take him to my friends' get together and I drove him here last night." Mrs.Jeon looked really shocked as she sat down beside me, which confused me a lot. She went silent for a while before turning to me with the same sad expression Jungkook had that night.

 

"How-how can I say this?" she said sounding forlorn. "Seokjin, there's something you need to know...about my son." she exhaled and took a deep breath. She seemed to struggle to let it out and I can't help but feel anxious too. I reached out or her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. Mrs Jeon gave me a small grin before speaking.

 

"My Jungkookie is a really active and smart child. He loves staying outdoor and exploring the wherever he could. He would always disappear and will come with a huge smile then he will go on sharing about his discoveries and adventure for the day-you'll never get bored listening to whatever he says." shesaid with a reminiscent smile then she let out another sigh.

 

"Until 5 years ago," she paused and gulped. "Jungkook was walking home-he was walking down that road when  a car accident happened. The drunk driver lost his control on the wheels and he hit him. Seokjin-" she stopped and turned to me with a worried expression. "my son-my son is already...dead."

 

     My mind went blank for a moment. All I can hear was -BEEP- I honestly don't know what to say. How can he be dead if I spent the night with him. My brother met him and so does my friends, we talked to him, he drank a bit last night, he even had a mini dance off with Hoseok- how could he be...dead?

 

"W-what?" words are caught up like thorns in my throat."B-but we talked, my friends met him and talked to him as well." I said feeling the air being squeezed out of me and I felt a twinge in my chest. This is really hard to take in and to believe. Mrs. Jeon gave me a sad smile.

 

"I'll take you to him. Follow me." she lead the way to town and we entered the cemetery and showed me a tombstone bearing his name. Indeed it was  exactly five years ago from this year. What's more surprising is that my coat was neatly folded over the tombstone. "This is your coat I suppose?"

 

"Yes it is." she hand it over to me. My head still feels fuzzy and it's still processing everything."I-I really don't know how to explain it, Mrs. Jeon. I'm so sorry about this, I didn't know."

 

"It's alright Seokjin." she grinned at me. "Kookie still wanders the earth. He visited me in my dream last night, telling me that he's finally going on. Please don't be afraid if he comes again, Seokjin."

 

"Of course Mrs. Jeon." I grinned back at her. We walked back to their house. She handed me Jungkook's hanky making me gape at her.

 

"Keep it." she said with a wink.

 

"Oh-oh thank you Mrs. Jeon but-"

 

"No buts dear. It's alright, keep it with you so Kookie will always be with you."  I felt my cheeks burn with that and slipped it inside my pocket. I thanked her for having me then went back to my car. My discovery about today is still sinking through me slowly. Jungkook was the only one occupying my mind for the past few days and I felt really sad knowing this. There was something white peeping through the pocket of my coat. Curious, I pulled it out and read it.

 

 

     Seokjin-hyung,

 

          Hi hyung. Probably by the time you read this you'll know about me. Well, I just wanted to say that I'm really glad I met you even if it was just a short time. The reason why I was walking alone last night is because it's my last day of being a 'wanderer' I'm finally going 'on'.  But then I met you hyung, I found another reason why I don't want to leave yet but I have to.

 

        We'll meet again hyung. I'll be your guardian angel for now and I'll visit you in your dreams. Goodbye~

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Jungkook

 

     I felt a smile made its way to my lips. There's a selfish part of me that wishes he could stay longer but it's alright. I couldn't be more grateful enough that I still got the chance to know him for a short while-I'm fine with that. Not all goodbyes are sad. We'll meet again someday, sooner or later-you'll never know. He's somewhere happy now and he found his peace. Though, I'll admit this whole thing is creepy-it's not something that happens everyday but I don't regret any of it. As Dr. Seuss said: 'Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.' 

 

xoxoxoxoxo

 

~Hope you like it!!

Enjoy reading! hehe

P.S: You can request fics from me ^__^ just pm me about it, okay?

keke byeeeeee~

*bows*

~Paige