Chapter 2

La Douleur Exquise

Hyunwoo was pacing around in his room. He only had about 30 minutes until he needed to go with his older brother Jaehyun to school and was wondering if he should go or stay and say that he's sick.

 

"I'm going to need to go or else Minho and Kwanghee will get worried. Agi, can you please not make me puke? I really don't want that to happen right now..." He told himself, rubbing his stomach.

 

"Hyunwoo. You ready?" Jaehyun said through the door.

 

"Yeah, but we have like 30 minutes!" He yelled.

 

"Well my friends need to meet me and I said I'll be there in a little. So come on and let's go!" He yelled back at him. Hyunwoo could hear his foot steps going quiet as he left.

 

Hyunwoo huffed and went to go and get his backpack which was in the closet. Maybe I should just say that I'm sick... He shook his head at that thought. No, I need to tell someone about this. And perferably someone who won't kill Woobin. 

 

"You ready or not!? We really need to get going!" Jaehyeon yelled at him from the bottom of the stairs. That was when Hyunwwo definitely made up his mind to tell his two friends.

 

So Hyunwoo opened the door and quickly went down the stairs to his impatient older brother.

 

"Ugh, you took forever! Come on let's go." He told Hyunwoo.

 

"Okay hyung."

 

 

~

 

 

"So what is this urgent thing that you needed both me and Minho?" Kwanghee asked Hyunwoo while they watched Minho finish his last game of soccer.

 

Hyunwoo bit his lip, still not sure how he was going to word the big news to them. "Just something very important." Was all he said, looking down at the ground.

 

"How important is it? Is it the I-can't-trust-my-brother-right-now-or-he'll -tell-his-friends or the If-I tell-my-dad-he-would-kill-me." Kwanghee asked. That was when Minho went over to them and heard what Kwanghee said.

 

"You serious? There is no way that it would be the last one. Hyunwoo is the epitome of responsibility. He couldn't do a bad thing if he tried." Minho said.

 

"Well we won't know if he doesn't answer." Kwanghee said, snootily. "So, Hyunwoo, who's right? Me or Minho?"

 

Once Kwanghee said that Hyunwoo froze. So all he did was turn his eyes onto the ground and that was enough for Minho and Kwanghee to know which one it was.

 

"HA! I was right!" Kwanghee said. Minho slapped him on the head and gave him a scowl.

 

"This isn't something to be happy about you idiot." He said. He turned his attention onto Hyunwoo. "Hey, it may be bad but at least you aren't pregnant, right?"

 

And that was when Hyunwoo swiftly crouched down into a ball and started to softly cry. His friends weren't idiots so that definitely means a yes.

 

"NO! No, there is no way that you could possibly be, you know what. Maybe those were just faulty Hyunwoo. Let's go to the hospital and find out." Minho said. He jumped over the fence that was in between them and picked up Hyunwoo in a bridal fashion.

 

"Wait, Minho. None of us have a car. How would we get there? It's at least an hour walk from school." Kwanghee asked. And, as if god himself were listening to them, Jaehyeon and his friends apeared.

 

"Minho? Why are you carrying my little brother like that?" Jaehyeon asked once he saw them. As if on queue Kwanghee threw his arms on Jaehyeon's waist.

 

"Hyung, Hyunwoo is so sorry but Hyunwoo just needs us right now. So if you don't mind we'll be going." Kwanghee said, letting go of Jaehyeon and walking away with Minho in pursuit.

 

"What was that for?" Minho asked Kwanghee. 

 

All Kwanghee did was show that he had his keys in his hand.

 

"Of course you took his car keys." Minho said smirking.

 

Ever since all of them had gotten their drivers licence they had 'borrowed' Jaehyeon's car at night and went for a drive. And since Kwanghee had light footsteps he was the one that took the keys, and they were always in his right pocket along with his wallet and a pack of mint gum.

 

"Well let's go before he finds out. I don't want him to kill me."

 

 

~

 

 

"Kim Hyunwoo? We're ready for you now." called out the nurse. Minho and Kwanghee got up from their seats except Hyunwoo. Just sat there, looking at the floor and fidiling with his hands.

 

Minho sighed but didn't say anything. All he did was go over to Hyunwoo and carry him, which made some of the women there gasp, smile, or possibly slap there husband or boyfriends if they were there with them.

 

He walked over to the door that Kwanghee and the nurse were standing by. All the nurse did was smile and walk in front of them.

 

"I sorry to say this but you two must stand outside while I ask Mr.Kim some  personal question." The nurse said once Hyunwoo sat down. Kwanghee wanted to protest but Minho put a hand on his mouth and dragged him out of the room and closed the door.

 

"You must be really lucky to have him." The nurse said with a smile.

 

Hyunwoo raised up one of his eyebrow's. "Who are you talking about?"

 

"Well, the young gentleman that carried you. He must be the father of your child, if you are pregnant that is." She said. Hyunwoo didn't say anything but just kept his mouth open.

 

"I'm right, aren't I? Well. let's get started on the questions then." She said, looking at her clipboard.

 

"Mr.Hyunwoo, so you remember when your symptoms started? Mood swings, stomach pains, throwing up in the morning or random times at night."

 

That was an easy question to answer. "Last week. I got mad at my dad when he said I couldn't go out with my friends and yelled at him. And about five days ago I started waking up and running to the bathroom to puke."

 

"Do you know when you last had ?" She asked.

 

Hyunwoo's face turned as red as a tomato. "I can't remeber, but I think it was back in December..."

 

She wrote that part down in her clipboard and said "Can you roll up your sleeve so I can take your blood? I'll also need a urine sample, so you can take this and use the bathroom close to the end of this hall."

 

Hyunwoo did as he was told and rolled up his sleeve for her. After she was down he took the cup and went out of the room to try and do his business.

 

"Where are you going? And why do you have a cup?" Kwanghee asked once Hyunwoo stepped out of the room.

 

"Haven't you ever taken a urine sample before?" Minho asked.

 

"No. I rarely get sick and I go to the doctor like once every other month because my mom makes me." Kwanghee told him. "You should know this since we've been friends since...forever."

 

While Minho and Kwanghee continued to bicker at each other Hyunwoo decided that then would be a good time to go to the bathroom.

 

 

~

 

 

"Let go of me Minho! Your going to ruin my sweater!" Kwanghee yelled at Minho who was pulling him by his sweater sleeve.

 

"If your so worried about it then take it off." He told him.

 

"! NO! THIS IS MY OUTFIT! Now let go!" 

 

And just when Kwanghee was going to try and slap Minho, the nurse came into the room with the results.

 

"So, is it positive?" they all asked in chorus.

 

"Well Mr.Hyunwoo, I would like to say... Yes! You are indeed pregnant. You are 2 weeks along and I will set up your next appointment in about 2 weeks from now."

 

Minho and Kwanghee's faces were expersionless while Hyunwoo was pale and started to tremble. No one noticed this until he fainted and fell on the floor.