Chapter 3: Lay It Down

Multi-Shot: The Journey

 

Chapter 3: Lay It Down
 
Seunghyun wasn't a patient guy.
 
He never was. He never will be.
 
Seconds trickled into minutes, and the two people kneeling on the floor, hugging, still showed no signs of breaking up. He still felt quite the voyeur, but hell would freeze over first before he'd leave this two alone. 
 
He took a deep breath and willed himself to stay calm and be patient, dammit.
 
But damn patience anyway. It was over-rated.
 
Seunghyun may not be patient, but one thing he definitely was though is possessive.
 
So no, it didn't settle well with him that his girl was in the arms of another man.
 
Given that the said man IS his group mate and leader did not ease things off better with him. Given that he needed her, and that she needed to do this for him, didn't help settle things either.
 
So while he was definitely moved by the scene in front of him, Jiyong's arms around Dara and nuzzling her neck, plus her dropping small, butterfly kisses on his temple, definitely did not please him.
 
"Ji?" he tentatively called out, when he noticed that his sobs had lessened to mere hiccups.
 
Jiyong didn't even look up at him, but instead tightened his arms around Dara.
 
Seunghyun scowled, but took a deep breath and counted to ten.
 
"Are you feeling better?" he tried again, squatting down so he was at eye-level with the two skinny people clinging to each other.
 
Jiyong just shook his head and moved his right hand so it settled at the back of Dara's nape, burying his nose deeper into her neck.
 
Oh hell no, he didn't just do that.
 
"Okay, that's it," Seunghyun muttered before kneeling behind Dara, wedging his arms between the two hugging bodies, then pulling hard, "Let go Dee, before I do something I might regret later on," he muttered into her ear.
 
"I can hear you too, you know," Jiyong said sullenly, giving Dara one last squeeze which made her yelp, before letting go.
 
He slumped, then moved so he was leaning back against the wall next to his door.
 
Seunghyun settled himself on the wall opposite, dragging Dara along, with his arms still around her waist. He situated her between his knees, with her arms on his forearms and her head on his shoulder.
 
"Drop the possessive act, Mr. Choi. You know this is strictly for comfort," she hissed into his ear, turning so that her face was closer to his.
 
"It's not an act, Miss Park," he answered back, leaning so he was whispering directly into her ear, "Please do not expect me to just twiddle my thumbs while I witness my girlfriend hugging someone else," he said before nipping her ear lightly.
 
She gasped before slapping his right knee, "That someone else is our friend, Seunghyun. Seriously."
 
"I know he is Dee. That's the reason why both his arms are still in their sockets," he said, a serious expression on his face.
 
Dara only sighed before leaning forward a little and leaving a peck on his lips, "I love you, you big oaf. Even though sometimes I would so love to throttle you."
 
"Yah! I'm still here, you know," Jiyong finally said, sulking.
 
"Awww, don't be sad, Jiyongie, we're here too," she said, eyes softening, as with a last slap on Seunghyun's knee, she crawled her way towards the expanse of floor and wall beside Jiyong.
 
Seunghyun smirked, liking the view of Dara's , not minding her leaving his arms. For a while anyway.
 
He did some crawling of his own, so he could settle at his own space of floor and wall. He and Jiyong were now flanking Dara.
 
After a few moments of comfortable silence, Seunghyun finally said, "We got your back Kwon leadah, you know that right? We're just here for you, even if you push us away and say that you want to be alone. We won't leave you alone, I hope that your stubborn mind knows that."
 
Jiyong chuckled lightly before nodding.
 
"We've been through before, so we'll just lie low and let the sharks have their field day. Then we'll come back, stronger, and hopefully wiser. I really hope though that you know that you won't ever be left alone now while in a bar, or any place for that matter," Seunghyun continued, leaning his head back so he could stare at the ceiling.
 
Dara leaned her head on his broad shoulder, sighing.
 
"Thanks, hyung," Jiyong finally said. He grasped Dara's left hand and brought it to his lips.
 
"I'm still so confused though, jagiya. I don't know why this kind of happens to me all the time," he said in a broken whisper, tears threatening to fall again.
 
"Oh, Ji," she sighed, straightening up, "It's because you're you. You're G-Dragon. You're one of the biggest celebrity in the country, that's why everything's blown out of proportion, why everything is being sensationalized."
 
"Oh gee, now that makes sense," he muttered darkly.
 
"No, listen to me," she said, before turning her body so that she could cup his jaw with her right hand, gently pulling his troubled gaze into hers, "Ji, you did wrong. I don't deny that, and I certainly won't condone it. It was a bit stupid of you actually to take that cigar from someone you barely knew. Stupider of you to actually puff it. But then again, I always knew that you were a bit of an idiot," she said, earning a light chuckle from the younger man, and a small smile from the older one. 
 
She settled back again, looking at the bare expanse of the opposite wall, while Jiyong still grasped her left hand in his.
 
"We shouldn't be judged for that one moment of weakness, or bad judgment, or stupidity, whatever. That one moment doesn't define us. That one moment doesn't make us who we are," she continued.
 
"Everyone is entitled to moments of stupidity and bad judgment, Ji. I know, because I've been there. But that one moment doesn't make you a drug addict. The same way that my past decision doesn't make me a ," she smiled ruefully, thinking of her previous bad decisions that almost cost her career in Korea, "Let's call it our epic moment of bad judgment, and leave it there."
 
Seunghyun quickly grasped her right hand in his, and squeezed it tightly. Dara turned her head towards him, smiling. 
 
"Oh, Jagiya, you did that for your family. You did that for your mother and your siblings, you did nothing wrong," Jiyong answered, quickly defending her from disparaging herself.
 
"Thank you," she replied, smiling softly at him, "See? Why is it so easy for you to justify my actions but crucify yourself for the same?" she asked, genuinely curious.
 
Jiyong muttered something inaudible, and just brought her hand to his lips again.
 
More silence. 
 
"Jiyong," Seunghyun said after a short while, "I will look the other way right now, but for future reference, please do not put any part of my girlfriend's person in contact with your lips, or else I might be tempted to screw it up for you. Thanks dude," he said, leaning over so that he could meet the younger man's eyes... and avoid Dara's glare.
 
"Noted hyung, but you did say for future reference right?" Jiyong teased, before giving Dara a quick peck on the cheek closest to him. "So that didn't count, right?"
 
Dara gasped and turned her glare at him before hitting his arm quite hard, "Yah! Who gave you the right to go all y on me, Dragon Boy?!"
 
"Why, your boyfriend did, little Ssantokki. He just about gave me permission to kiss you, just for tonight. Maybe do some things more than kissing," he said, winking at her.
 
"Okay Kwon leadah, you have five seconds to run for your life before I pound you to pieces," Seunghyun said in a voice that screamed that he was dead serious.
 
When Dara and Jiyong just looked at him incredulously, Seunghyun gave them his signature eyebrow lift, "I you not, dude. Five... Four..."
 
"Ji, I think you should run," Dara whispered to him, standing up, and pulling him to do the same.
 
"Yes, I think I should," he whispered back and started backing away. "Thanks for this, jagiya. I love you, you know that right?" he said loudly before pecking her on the lips.
 
"KWON JIYONG!" Dara screamed at Jiyong's quickly retreating back before it turned the corner.
 
"You are so dead, Kwon!!!" Seunghyun shouted as he pelted after him, a mere blur of black winter jacket and brown hair.
 
And for some reason, it made Dara feel that things would be alright. 
 
Things would be better.
 
 
 
--------
 
 
OMG! I am so so sorry this took forever! :( 
 
Work is crazy right now, so I only now had the time to write. PLUS my stupid draft got erased somehow so I had to write this chapter all over again.
 
Thoughts? :)