Chapter 6

Supernatural High

Your/Kiyeon’s POV

“I really like you. Do you want to go out with me?”

I almost spit out my drink as Kai confessed.

It’d been about a month since I moved to Seoul. I adapted quickly thanks to EXO. I spent most of my time with them. Lunches were spent in their corner of the courtyard. After school we would play in the park or go to my house. Sometimes we would study in a café or at the library. Weekends we would go shopping and eat street food. We even went to a noraebang which was endlessly amusing with them. Being with them was like being with family. They were fun and made me feel comfortable and at home. Especially Kai.

Kai was the biggest constant in my new life. He was always around even when the other guys weren’t. We were continuously in contact whether it be in person or through texts and phone calls. He was a comforting fixture in my life. Just his presence made me feel safe somehow.

I couldn’t deny that I was attracted to him either. He was one of the most handsome guys I’d ever met. His dark brown hair parted perfectly to show his deep eyes. His skin was more bronzed than anyone else’s I’d met. This was something EXO for often but I found quite attractive. His smile was dazzling. One of my favorite things about him was how quickly he could become cute. One moment he was like on legs and the next he was an adorable puppy. He could be very mature when necessary but also goofed around like the teenage boy he was.

“Kiyeon?” Kai’s deep voice brought me back to reality. “Will you accept my confession?”

“Huh? Oh! Of course! I really like you too!” I blushed as he kissed my cheek lightly.

“You’re so cute when you blush.” He smiled. “Let’s go on a date today. We can ditch the other guys.”

“Ok Kai” I agreed.

“Hmm you should call me ‘Oppa’ now.”

“But you’re only a month older than me!” I rolled my eyes at him.

“But it would be so cute! Plus Sehun is only two months younger than you and he calls you ‘noona’!” Kai pouted.

“Arrasso Oppa” He grinned at me widely as I played along and kissed my forehead.

“Did she say yes?” Sehun called as the rest of EXO approached us.

“Yup” Kai wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer.

“Good! Now we don’t have to listen to you pining after her anymore!”

“Yah! Oh Sehun!” Kai blushed and hit him as I giggled at the maknae.


“We’ll see you guys later!” Kai called to our friends at the end of the day.

He steered me towards a nearby café.

“Hello what can I get for you?” A preppy teen girl at the cash register greeted us.

“I’ll have an americano and whatever she wants”

I rolled my eyes at the way the girl was looking at Kai. She had the ridiculous cheesy smile and rapidly batting eyelashes I’m sure Kai, and the other boys, were no strangers to.

“Give me a vanilla frappuccino “

“And two chocolate chip muffins please!” Kai smiled and paid.

“So is there a plan for today or are we just winging it?” I asked as I sipped my drink.

“There is a vague plan.” He informed as he picked his coffee up.

Between his fingers I could see something more than his name written on the cup. I took his wrist and brought it closer.

“Aw, do you want to hold my hand?” He teased.

I laughed and turned the cup so he could see.

“She gave you her number.”

“Oh,” We looked over at the counter and saw her smiling brightly at him, completely ignoring my existence.

He smiled back, nodded, then pulled me closer with an arm around my shoulders.

“Too bad I’m taken.” He made a show of whispering in my ear and kissing my cheek.

The smile fell off the girl’s face and she went back to her work with a scowl.

I laughed but pushed Kai away lightly.

“We’re in public!”

He pouted but complied. We talked for a little while longer in the café. I picked at my muffin before conceding it to Kai who had practically swallowed his in one bite. Kai sniffed and looked around the room.

“You need a tissue?” I asked sarcastically.

“Let’s go!”

“What?”

Kai took my hand and pulled me from the café. We ran down the street.

“Kai! What are we doing?” I breathed heavily.

“I’ll tell you when we get there!” He laughed.

“Well how much farther is it going to be? Because I can’t ke—KAI!”

He stopped running only for a moment to throw me over his shoulder.

“What are you doing?!”

He continued running down the street, making several turns, until we reached Hongdae.

At the front gates of Hongdae he set me down.

“What the hell?”

I pushed my tousled hair out of my face and looked up at him. He was smiling and laughing at my disheveled appearance.

“You aren’t even sweating!” There wasn’t a single trace of his exertions. No sweat, no heavy breathing, he didn’t even look winded!

“Ok I think we’re safe! Let’s go shopping.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Well—oh crap!” His eyes widened as he looked over my shoulder. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the crowd. I turned back to follow his gaze. On the corner there was a taxi. Watching the passengers climb out, I managed to see gray school uniforms and a familiar silver head.

“Are…is EXO following us?”

“I’m sorry!” He groaned, “They’re so nosy!”

“Who cares? Pretend they aren’t there.” I shrugged.

“You’re ok with them watching us?” He was surprised.

“I want to have a good time with you.” I stated simply, “I’m not going to let them ruin it for us.”

Kai perked up and we wandered around Hongdae, ignoring the feeling of being watched and occasional glimpses of the boys. Our afternoon was worthy of a musical montage. We ate street food until we were ready to burst. We shopped but tried on only the most ridiculous outfits. We even took sticker photos.

We were getting ready to leave Hongdae for whatever Kai had planned next when he stopped at one of the last stands on the street.

It was a jewelry stand.

“What are we doing?” I asked. The only things we’d bought all day were food and a koala hat meant for children that Kai had said Luhan was sure to love.

He took my wrist and held my hand up to his face, inspecting my fingers.

“These please.” He pointed to a box of couple’s rings.

He slipped the smaller onto my right (non-marriage) ring finger. It fit perfectly.

“My god you’re so cheesy.” I wiggled my fingers. The rings were simple silver bands with thin black angled lines.

“Just wait until you see our last stop.” He hailed a cab and gave the driver directions quietly so I wouldn’t hear.

When we arrived I looked around and read the signs.

“Namsan Tower?”

“You’re new to Seoul, we have to go!” He led me to the cable cars, “Plus, Luhan Is terrified of heights so he and Sehun won’t want to take the cable car and Sehun won’t want to walk to the top.”

“Are they the only ones following?” I asked as we stepped onto the cable car.

“No, Baekhyun and Chen were with them.”

The car shuttered and shook as it left the station. I gasped and grabbed Kai’s arm. He didn’t make fun of me, just pulled me into a back hug and looked out the windows. You could see all of Seoul already and we weren’t even halfway there.

“It’s beautiful!”

At the top we bought a lock and wrote our names with a little heart on it. Apparently it was a must for couples that visited the tower together. After finding a place to lock it we bought hot chocolate and settled down on a bench and tried to stargaze. It was a little hard sitting upright so Kai had me settle my head in his lap to look properly. He instructed me on where to find different constellations as he his fingers though my hair.

“It’s hard to see all of them because of the light pollution from the city.” He sounded regretful.

“You’re right. This is much cheesier than the rings.”

Soon it was time to start leaving. Before I got up I spotted something at a bench across the way from us and pointed it out to Kai. He laughed and rolled his eyes at the sight.

Baekhyun and Chen.

They mirrored our position. Baekhyun lay down with his head in Chen’s lap and was pointing animatedly at the sky. Chen was half half yanking Baek’s short blonde hair.

They didn’t notice us as we approached.

“Having fun guys?”

“We had a great time!” Baekhyun sat up, “You guys are really cheesy. Kai I thought we raised you to be less greasy have you been spending time with Woohyun?”

“Did you guys have a good night?” Chen ignored Baekhyun’s ramblings.

I looked over at Kai and smiled.

“Yes, yes we did.”


So...sorry, I feel like my writing has become mostly dialogue. I’ll try to work on it. I also realized I laid the groundwork for Suho wanting a mate without a plan for who his mate could be…let me know if you have any suggestions! I don't usually like posting pictures in the middle of stories but I did such a terrible job of describing the rings.