Epilogue

The Enemy of my Enemy

"Seriously, did Xander always have such a low sense of self-preservation? That boy's gonna get himself killed one day."

Hyunjoong had to chuckled, waving away the thick smoke in his face that had been the result of a kamikaze attack of the aforementioned Alliance member. "Concentrate, Youngsaeng. We nearly got roasted there."

"Vaporized is more like. Imploding black holes don't simply roast." Youngsaeng corrected, before smirking, "and besides, it wasn't my fault I couldn't concentrate. Someone was busy using our cover as an excuse to feel up my ."

Hyunjoong shrugged. He wasn't going to deny that he constantly exploited Youngsaeng's cover as a living doll controlled by Reaper to feel his lover up in the most inappropriate times. It had been part of the reason why the cover had been chosen, since living dolls were traditionally used by evil necromancers as objects as well. And since Hyunjoong and Youngsaeng could barely keep their hands off each other after reuniting, Kyujong had thought it easier than trying to stop the couple from feeling each other up.

"You were just as busy necking me," Hyunjoong rolled his eyes, “but I still managed to get our asses out of the way. Keep up, Shadowcat."

"Nuh-uh. Not Shadowcat anymore." Youngsaeng smirked a little, "they came up with new nicknames for me, you know? Reaper's puppet, Reaper's doll, Reaper's shadow... i particularly like Reaper's boy toy."

Hyunjoong shook his head at Youngsaeng's cavalier attitude. The reception of Youngsaeng's transformation had been exactly what Kyujong had predicted. After the initial shock of seeing Youngsaeng turn up again, the outrage felt at Hyunjoong's desecration of Youngsaeng's grave had quickly turned to hate at Youngsaeng himself when it became obvious that Youngsaeng hadn't been turned into a wraithling but a doll. And unlike wraithlings, dolls couldn't be created unless they had very strong lingering attachment to their master. And a good majority, who'd only known Youngsaeng by reputation, had felt betrayed, because Youngsaeng had been the most outspokenly hostile to Reaper, and yet, it was now made obvious that Youngsaeng had still loved Hyunjoong, despite what he'd become. Didn't help that Reaper had become more powerful and slippery with the addition of Youngsaeng's power. And all the Fallen also used his infamy as an informant as an easy excuse to fall back on whenever they accidentally let loose more information than they were supposed to. Jungmin in particular loved to use it whenever Hyungjoon (whose cover was a wraithling controlled by Wraith alongside Jongwoon), bless his soul, messed up.

Of course, they didn't know the real truth. And for Hyunjoong, that somehow made it worse. But Youngsaeng honestly didn't care what they thought. He was amused by it actually, and even more inappropriately tickled when his ex-subordinates announced to them a couple of missions ago to Hyunjoong that they would destroy the both of them to erase the blight on Youngsaeng's honour.

Youngsaeng didn't know what honour they were trying to salvage, but hey, if it got Soohyun and Kiseop to work with each other, then whatever.

"Seriously though, when are they going to notice we're like. Right behind them?" Youngsaeng sighed, making a face at Kibum's back.

"Maybe when you stop using your ability? And maybe after we turn off the sound shield." Hyunjoong chuckled. "They've got their jammer on. And we've been giving them the impression that you can't use your ability with the jammers after all."

"Yeah, yeah. Still." Youngsaeng made a face at his ex-subordinates. "It’s amazing no one has realized that get around the jammers with mundane tech rather than ‘superior and magical training to increase esper abilities’. Lousy."

Hyunjoong shook his head. “You are enjoying being a bad guy way more than I did.”

"I did tell you that you didn't need to worry. Stuff like this doesn't bother me at all." Youngsaeng grinned, tweaking Hyunjoong's nose. "Imagine if our roles had been reversed. I would have had so much fun playing and teasing you with my evil smirk and evil ways, probably would have gone with ually harassing you until you got all confused and bothered..."

"As if you don't already anyway." Hyunjoong grinned, lips ghosting over Youngsaeng's neck, enjoying the shivers of pleasure Youngsaeng gave.

"Mmm... Hyun..." Youngsaeng felt Hyunjoong's hand sneak into his pants going lower... lower...

"WILL THE TWO OF YOU STOP GETTING IT ON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MISSION AND CONCENTRATE?!"

Youngsaeng jumped at the shout in his ear, pulling his ear piece out. "Ow. . Didn't need to blow our eardrums out, Wraith."

"Would anything less get your attention?" Kyujong's voice came over the crackling of the intercom. "Anyway, Jungmin is right. You delay any longer, they're just gonna leave. And you know I hate it when the future I'm watching changes too much. Gives me hella huge migraine."

"Yes, mom." Youngsaeng rolled his eyes.

"Good. Now be a good child and do as you're told." Kyujong snipped back before the intercom went dead.

"No rest for the weary." Hyunjoong sighed, stretching as he tried to find a good opening to make a dramatic entrance.

"The only reason you're weary is because I wear you out." Youngsaeng grinned, trailing his fingers along Hyunjoong's jaw.

"Mm. That's true." Hyunjoong agreed, bending down to give Youngsaeng a kiss.

"..."

"YAH. WILL TWO OF YOU STOP IT ALREADY?
 

END