“No. The Hyunjoong you know doesn't exist anymore, Shadowcat.”

The Enemy of my Enemy

~*~

Youngsaeng groaned as his eyes fluttered open, his head feeling as if a jackhammer was going at the inside of his skull.

What had happened?

Right, he'd been in the midst of yet another battle - offensive this time, a bid to strike at an enemy base camp. But his task hadn't been in fighting. No. His skills were in shadow and thus stealth was his game. He had been supposed to sneak into the enemy hold and look for important information they could use. But something must have happened.

He remembered getting into the camp no problem. After the first few room yielding nothing, he'd stumbled across one that had looked promising, filled with folders and files. He'd opened them up, taking pictures and reading them a little when suddenly, someone had come from behind and...

He jolted up, ignoring the protest his head gave at the sudden movement, because he'd realised what that crawl up his spine was:

It was someone staring at him.

And now, he stared back, wondering if this was a dream. Because the face he was staring at was familiar. Too familiar. And yet, it'd been so long since he'd seen this face; at least, a long time since he'd seen it not twisted into an ugly smirk, eyes glowing red and surrounded with menacing shadows. And for a moment, he wondered if this was all but a dream.

"Hyun...Hyunjoong?"

Then the dream shattered, and the strained lips eased into a recently more familiar smirk, eyes flashing red. "No. The Hyunjoong you know doesn't exist anymore, Shadowcat."

Youngsaeng felt his heart sink and grip with fear at the same time. "Reaper..." He closed his eyes, "what are you going to do with me?"

But there was no answer, only the soft opening and closing of the door. And Youngsaeng collapsed back onto the bed at the sound of a lock being turned.

What was going to become of him?
 

~*~


He didn't know what he'd expected. Taunting, maybe; interrogation, perhaps; torture, definitely. But certainly, he hadn't expected to be left alone for days on end, with only food slotted in under his door three times a day as the only thing to break the monotony.

He had already checked out the room, looking for any possibility of escape. But it'd been equipped to hold both mundane and espers. Unpickable locks, flimsy paper cutlery that disintegrated after use and smooth plastic walls; and an ability jammer so strong that Youngsaeng sometimes felt it was not only suppressing his abilities, but his physical body too.

He spent three days alternating between trying his luck and wondering if they'd perhaps forgotten about him. He knew that it was probably self-destructive to even think about it, but he wished that something would actually happen. He was getting kind of bored.

It was on the fourth day, before the second tray had been slid into his cell, that he got his wish.

He heard the footsteps first, too early for it to be his lunch. And stiffening, his eyes widened a fraction as he saw who it was that stepped in.

He didn't have the red eyes, or the shadows curling around him, nor even the smirk on his face, but Youngsaeng knew better than to be fooled by that.

"Reaper." Youngsaeng was proud that his voice held steady, and after that fraction of emotion, his face was a blank and smooth as the walls of his cell. "I was wondering when you would come back to torture me. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten all about me."

But to his surprise, other than a slight narrowing of Reaper's eyes, there was no other reaction. Reaper continued to stare stonily at Youngsaeng as if Youngsaeng was a particularly tricky problem to solve.

Youngsaeng stiffened, unsure of what this meant - and that always put him on edge. He stared back, watching for any sign of movement or twitch to warn him for a sudden attack.

He nearly visibly jumped when there was the sound of something ringing in the air. And that was when Reaper moved. But to Youngsaeng's utmost surprise, it wasn't to attack him, but rather it was to turn around and walk out of the room with a most audible sigh.

Youngsaeng blinked at the now closed doors.

"...What was all that about?"
 

~*~


Things continued in a similar vein for the next week or so. Every other day, Reaper would come into the room and just stare at him, and Youngsaeng on his side, would just stare back. Then after a long while, Reaper would just turn around and exit the room. Sometimes, it was that same ringing sound that called him away, sometimes it was the sound of someone else's voice, and sometimes, Reaper would just leave for no apparent reason.

It was both anti-climatic and utterly terrifying at the same time. At least, he wasn't being subjected to torture, but what if Reaper was actually reading his thoughts without him knowing somehow and extracting vital information about the Alliance that way? Sure, it was unheard of, for even the most careful telepaths always left some sort of trace (a headache or an obvious lapse of memory), but the Fallen had done things far more impossible things than that, killing off both mundane and esper in their quest for world domination. If the Alliance hadn't been formed all those years ago, everyone who had not subscribed to their ideals would have been wiped out. And even then, with both mudane and esper merging all their resources, the Fallen had always managed to come back with attacks more devastating, weapons more powerful, and ideals more insane. It had been what made them such a terrifying threat.

Whatever it was, he needed to figure out some way to get out soon. If not for the Alliance and the greater good of the world, then at least for his sanity. Being alone this much made him have too much time for his thoughts. And seeing that Hyun-no, that Reaper was the only one he saw other than his muted reflection off the plastic walls, Youngsaeng found his thoughts straying to Reaper far too often: or rather what he used to be.

It hadn't helped that every time he'd been here, his appearance was lacking the crazy eyes and dark aura. He looked exactly like how he'd been before. Like how he'd been before the Fallen had gotten to him, filled him with their brainwashing and turned him evil.

Feeling the tell-tale tightening of his throat, Youngsaeng curled up onto the bed, trying to fall asleep and to forget, at least for a little while.
 

~*~


Youngsaeng had been waiting for this chance. Reaper had not visited in two days, and so it was most likely that he would today.

Sure enough, sometime after lunch, the footsteps sounded. And Youngsaeng lightly made his way to the side of the door, waiting for Reaper to step in.

Reaper didn't even know what hit him. Youngsaeng had not trained all those years for naught. Even with his abilities suppressed, Youngsaeng had no problem slipping quietly behind Reaper before none too gently pushing him into the cell, slapping the door lock closed behind him.

He didn't turn to see how Reaper reacted, only hearing the yelp of surprise and outrage as he ran down the hall. He needed to gain as far a distance as possible and find a place to safely hide while he tried to think up the next part of his plan. Reaper wouldn't be helpless in that cell. Oh no, already, he could feel the deep chill of shadows moving unnaturally, seeping from underneath the cell door, and then the hiss of the cell door opening, alarm blaring. There might have been a jammer inside that cell, but the agents of the Fallen had long ago proven that they weren't very affected by those at all.

But now that he was out of the range of the jammer, Youngsaeng could use his abilities again. Focusing, Youngsaeng felt the molecules in his body shift, turning him invisible to the eye. And just in time as he dodged past more black-clad agents, ducking into a smaller hallway to try to get his bearings.

Taking a breath, Youngsaeng closed his eyes, trying to force himself to think beyond the loud ringing of the alarms. Then, he stiffened as he felt the presence of 5 men draw close, one of them all too familiar.

"I didn't see which way he went." Reaper was saying, an exasperated tone to his voice.

"He couldn't have gotten far." another voice was saying, "there's too many patrols around, and this place is like a maze."

Reaper snorted, "well, you don't know Youngsaeng. That guy is as slippery as an eel. With his ability he can sneak out of anywhere he likes."

There was an odd note in that sentence that made Youngsaeng pause. That had sounded almost like... pride? But before Youngsaeng could think more of it, the other person spoke up again.

“Well, then let’s even the field a bit.” And Youngsaeng winced as he felt the pressure of a jammer force him back into his natural state. Crap. They’d spot him this way almost immediately. He had to act fast.

Grabbing what seemed like a bucket and a mop that was near to hand (this probably was some kind of… janitor’s corner?), Youngsaeng threw them out for distraction before running past. He heard some yelps but they all kind of stared after him for a while, brains not processing what had just happened.

Reaper was the first one to react, no big surprise. He hadn’t gotten his status as the number one Big Bad by standing there and looking pretty with his smirk. His shadows shot out almost immediately and Youngsaeng immediately started evasive measures.

He was sure that Reaper would catch him though, and he was already planning a counter move. But just as the shadows were about to latch onto him they suddenly stopped, stuttering almost, receding as he continued to run.

Youngsaeng would blame it on the confusion later that he didn’t react fast enough when a psychic net was suddenly thrown at him from the front. Yelping, he winced when he met the ground none-so-gently, and even more when the net tightened itself, binding his limbs together.

He felt someone look down from him from above but couldn’t even swivel his eyes up to see who it was. All he heard was a sigh and a soft ‘oh... you’. And then someone sprayed something in his face and everything went black.
 

~*~


When Youngsaeng came to, he was back in a cell. Not the same one - a different one. Youngsaeng had used his nails to make as scratch on the plastic walls in his old one and it wasn't there. No doubt this one was deeper into whatever facility they were in so that it was even harder for him to escape.

He let out a breath of exasperation - with both himself and the situation. Well, it was going to be even harder to escape now.

But he’d figure it out. What else could he do?
 

~*~


However, it wasn’t to be so easy. Days passed and no one came to see him. He’d expected Reaper to come and gloat, especially since it’d been because of a rookie mistake that Youngsaeng had gotten himself caught again, but that hadn’t happened.

And so more often than not Youngsaeng was left to his own thoughts, and he had more than enough time to puzzle through all the strange things that had happened.

Putting all the things together, they painted more than a confusing picture. For one, Reaper had certainly never given stock to Youngsaeng's ability, never having spoken about Youngsaeng without insult. And yet there clearly had been pride in his voice that day. Secondly, Reaper wouldn't have just hesitated in capturing Youngsaeng, as he'd had. It certainly didn't help that Reaper rarely had his red eyes and dark shadows present whenever he came to visit Youngsaeng in his cell. Sure, there was logical reason since although Fallen agents could use their abilities even with a jammer activated, Youngsaeng had observed that it took more effort and energy than normal. Effort and energy that would better be saved for subduing Youngsaeng should he try to escape rather than cosmetic displays. But then, Reaper was the sort who loved such dramatic displays, indulging in them even in the utmost impracticality. Reaper had never been level-headed and practical. That had been... Hyunjoong.

And it all boiled down to that one thing really: the fact that Reaper wasn't behaving like the bastard Youngsaeng had come to hate for the past few years, but more like the man Youngsaeng had once loved.

At this point, Youngsaeng would curl up on the bed and try to stop thinking. But of course, it would never work. Memories would assault him. Memories of times before things had turned bad. Memories of when they'd first met, to memories when they'd gotten together: their first awkward and accidental kiss, and not five seconds later a full out kiss that had made one of their subordinates shriek when he'd accidentally walked in on them. More memories, of them snatching whatever time they had between missions, whispering sweet nothings, tumbling into bed, or just hanging out, the rarity making those moments all the more sweeter. Youngsaeng remembered fervently wishing at that time that things would never change.

But of course, things had. He didn't even know when it started: Hyunjoong growing steadily distant, Hyunjoong slowly finding excuses not to meet him, pushing him away. At first Youngsaeng had thought it was just coincidence. After all, it had been at that time that Reaper had begun to show himself. The Alliance had been barely coping, trying to keep up with this new agent of the Fallen, who had committed numerous heinous crimes and had already taken down some of their few best men within the first week he'd started to pop up. But then the weeks grew to months and even in the periods of rest, Hyunjoong refused to meet, saying he had elsewhere to be. And Youngsaeng had begun to grow suspicious.

He'd investigated of course, but his first thought had been that Hyunjoong was cheating on him. It certainly seemed that way at first, Youngsaeng's leads turning up a mysterious red-headed man. But still, Youngsaeng hadn't confronted Hyunjoong straightaway. He told himself then that he wanted to be sure before accusing Hyunjoong. Maybe he hadn't wanted to face what had been the likely truth. Whatever it was, he dug deeper and deeper and deeper. Deep enough that it seemed less and less like cheating the more information he'd found. Deep enough that he'd finally stumbled upon the real truth that faithful day.

And the truth had been so much worse than just a simple matter of a cheating boyfriend.
 

~*~


"Get up, you filth."

Youngsaeng yelped when the man kicked him in his stomach, trying to get him off the ground where they'd thrown him down in the first place. He resisted the urge to reach out and break the man's leg as he could have easily done, instead choosing to endure the abuse, quickly climbing to his feet once he caught his breath. There were more things at stake than a couple of bruised ribs and his smarting pride.

They were taking him in deep. Much deeper than he'd gotten in on his own: but that had been the whole point of this. He'd hit a brick wall in his investigation, and so the only way to get in deeper was to get inside. And the way to get inside? Get captured.

It was all going according to plan. He’d specifically chosen this time to sneak into the compound where, as he’d managed to find out, there was going to be a rather important meeting with a certain person supposedly alleged to be attending. And he’d purposely worn his signature outfit - his all blank ensemble of tank top, fitting pants and black scarf that he tended to leave off wearing now that he’d created a name for himself. Like this, they’d recognize who he was straightaway.

And if catching ‘Shadowcat’ wasn’t enough a reason to bring this up to the higher ups, then Youngsaeng didn’t know what else was.

Sure enough, Youngsaeng was led deeper and deeper into a compound - he’d been blindfolded of course, but that didn’t stop him from tracing his steps and getting a sense of the place, even if the jammer was messing with him a little. And finally they slowed, someone keying in some security codes, leading him into a room where they finally came to a stop, tearing his blindfold off.

He only allowed himself a small wince before he opened his eyes immediately, pupils adjusting to the light just as fast from years of training and his own innate ability. He gazed upon all of the people sitting in the room, memorising their faces. None of them had their faces covered - that was how confident they were that Youngsaeng wouldn’t be making it out alive.

And there was that red-head that Youngsaeng had thought Hyunjoong had been cheating with. And right beside him, Hyunjoong.

Hyunjoong.

Suddenly, years of experience disappeared just like that. The earlier eerie calm of professionalism dissipated like dew in the sun, and he suddenly felt like he had seven years ago on his very first mission, sweat on his palms, heart yammering in his chest.

People were talking, he suddenly realized, and his quick tuning into reality revealed that they were talking about him, and not in a very flattering manner. No surprise there.

“So… This is Shadowcat.” The red head had come up to inspect him, circling him like he was some kind of piece of meat on sale. “Hmm… he is quite pretty.” The red head yanked his scarf down, revealing his features, “...huh. Really is quite pretty. I see why you’ve been tapping this… Kud-ah.”

Youngsaeng had to restrain himself from punching this guy, he instead chose to focus on Hyunjoong and his response. At the moment he was giving the red head a look of annoyance. “Don’t call me that.” He said comfortably, before looking at Youngsaeng, a look of amusement crossing his face. “Well, he is one hot piece of after all.”

“Eh? ? I think you’ve gotten the reference wrong again, Kud!” the red head laughed raucously, but Youngsaeng knew better. It was no mistake, the phrasing of those words - because ‘’ was a codeword that only the two of them knew.

And that was why, not more than five seconds later, Youngsaeng lost the pretence that he was still being bound by his handcuffs and kicked the red head into the nearest wall.

But before anyone else could react, Hyunjooong had slipped a smoke bomb into the room, the room quickly filling up with smoke even as the both of them pulled the scarves around their necks up over their mouths. Youngsaeng was careful not to inhale the smoke, hearing the dull thud of people falling onto the floor, unconscious. The first time he’d made that mistake, Hyunjoong had never let him forget.

They both got out safely enough, Hyunjoong immediately motioning for Youngsaeng to follow him, leading Youngsaeng to what seemed like an empty but secure room.

Youngsaeng eased the scarf down from his mouth. “So, what sort of top secret mission is this that even I, the information of the Alliance, don’t know about it?”

"Something really top secret?" Hyunjoong joked back. "Come on, let's get you out of here in time for me to go back, pretend to be unconscious and not lose my cover."

"Right..." unfortunately, as much as Youngsaeng wanted to trust Hyunjoong, he couldn't. And it had more to do with than just simple trust issues. "Let's go then."

"So why were you sneaking around this place anyway?" Hyunjoong asked as they swiftly, yet cautiously made their way through the hallways, presumably to the way out.

Youngsaeng could have easily been evasive. It wouldn't be the first time he'd refused to tell Hyunjoong the details of a mission. But he wasn't evasive now. Pulling out a thumbdrive, Youngsaeng dropped Hyunjoong a bone. "For this. It's some information I downloaded off the servers. Didn't have time to read it before I was caught though, so no idea what it contains."

"Huh." Hyunjoong hummed nonchalantly, "orders came from top-down?"

"Yep." Youngsaeng lied, slipping the thumbdrive back to its hiding place - no one except for Hyungjoon had any inkling where he was right now. "Seems like intel that isn't from me is actually worth checking out, huh?"

"Seems like," Hyunjoong agreed, before ushering Youngsaeng into a room.

He went in without question, blinking when it seemed to be just an empty room. "Hyunjoong, why-ow!"

Youngsaeng had yelped because he was suddenly bound and yanked upwards by cold, shadowy tendrils. The wisps of shadow tightening around him even as others searched his body. He tried to resist, but it was no use, and the thumbdrive that had been hidden in one of his secret pockets was pulled out and passed to Hyunjoong's waiting hand.

"Hyunjoong! What are you doing?" Youngsaeng yelled, trying to get out of the hold, eyes widening when he was suddenly flipped around so he could look at Hyunjoong.

Except, he wasn't sure if the person in front of him was Hyunjoong at all: that sneer, that stance, that look in his eyes - they were unfamiliar to him.

It was as if a stranger stood in front of him.

"Hmmm? What am I doing?" even his voice had an unfamiliar drawl, sending shivers up Youngsaeng's spine. "Well, if I was really an agent of the Fallen, I couldn't let you get away with sensitive information about our dastardly plans could I?" He waggled the thumbdrive as if to emphasize his point.

"Hyunjoong, you-" if Youngsaeng sounded corny, it was only to cover the sinking feeling in his heart. "Why?"

"Ah... The usual reason." Hyunjoong rolled his eyes, shrugging. "I got tired of the snobbery of those mundanes. After so long, nothing has changed. They still use us like tools, blah, blah, blah. You know the rest."

Youngsaeng didn't say anything, even though he knew that was a load of crap. Although that was still the stance of a portion of the more influential higher ups, it wasn't like that on the ground. And he knew Hyunjoong hadn’t been bothered by that at all. Those who were really important weren't like that, and that had been all Hyunjoong cared about.

"Anyway, it doesn't matter." Hyunjoong chuckled, and he threw the thumbdrive on the ground, stepping onto it, the machinery cracking under his feet. "You'll be forgetting everything that happens anyway."

But that had been what Youngsaeng had been waiting for. Hyunjoong let out a yelp when he felt his hold on the shadows wane, the dark tendrils dissipating. Youngsaeng dropped calmly to the ground when the hold on him loosened, pulling out the gun he'd had hidden on him.

Hyunjoong froze, raising his hands in surrender. "A hidden jammer." he glanced at the thumbdrive on the floor. "Activated when I destroyed the case. Well played."

Youngsaeng didn't say anything, only released the catch on the safety.

"So what are you going to do? Kill me?" Hyunjoong cocked an eyebrow. "You wouldn't be able to."

"You're right." Youngsaeng agreed quietly. "But I am so very angry with you right now, I think I could get very close. And then, I’d drag your half-dead body to the higher circle for judgment."

There wasn't anything Hyunjoong could say to that: Youngsaeng would do it. There was no doubt.

“But before that. Tell me… why?”

Hyunjoong blinked, tilting his head. “Why, what?”

“Why did you do it? Why did you… betray us?”  
'Betray me?'

Hyunjoong raised an eyebrow, “I thought I already said-”

“DON’T BULL WITH ME.” Youngsaeng yelled, a shot rocketing past Hyunjoong’s ear. It took several moments and several deep breaths, but Youngsaeng managed to get himself under control. “We both know what you said earlier was a bunch of lies. What’s the real reason?”

“...” Hyunjoong stared evenly at Youngsaeng, as if trying to see if he could get away with lying again, before he shrugged. “Power.”

The answer was so unexpected that the gun in Youngsaeng’s hand shook.
 “What?”

“You heard me. It was power.” Hyunjoong lifted his hand, slowly watching his fingers curl into a fist, an odd satisfaction in his eyes. “I wanted power.”

“Hyunjoong, you 
do have power-”

“NO!” Youngsaeng couldn’t help but jerk at the venom in Hyunjoong’s voice, and for a moment it had seemed… “No. You wouldn’t understand. The Alliance doesn’t hold you back because your ability.”

“I… what?” They hadn’t held Hyunjoong back either, not that Youngsaeng knew of.

But Hyunjoong was smirking, as if challenging thoughts he’d mentally read. “You don’t have an ability that people can immediately see its connection to darkness. An ability that would be more suited for an agent of the Fallen. You never had to be subject to that kind of judgment; to be subject to that kind of fear. To be treated as if the moment someone’s back is turned you’d fall away at that very moment - and so there’s someone watching, always watching.”

Youngsaeng’s hand had begun to reach out, instinct calling him to caress Hyunjoong’s cheek. It happened to him too, since his skills were too tied to shadows and darkness, but he'd never faced it as much, the connection not as obvious. And this wouldn’t be the first time he calmed and soothed such tumulus thoughts. But this time, instead of the warmth of a cheek, he was greeted with the cold of air, Hyunjoong’s eyes flaring, and Youngsaeng drew his hand back as if burned.

“I never knew how much it was holding me back.” Hyunjoong closed his eyes, lips curling into a smile, but it was a smile that Youngsaeng had never seen before, full of vindictive satisfaction. “The Fallen showed me what I could be if I reached my full potential; of what I was really capable of. And it was… 
liberating-”

"No." Hyunjoong raised an eyebrow at Youngsaeng's sudden adamant denial. "No. It can't be power. The Hyunjoong I know couldn't be seduced by power."

The look on Hyunjoong's face could almost be akin to pity. "But alas, Youngsaeng I was. But if it makes it easier for you, then you can stop calling me Hyunjoong. Or Kud. Those names don't belong to me anymore."

"Then what should I call you then?" in his simmering disbelief, Youngsaeng didn't realise the consequences of the words he was saying; and it was testament to his instincts that he grabbed a small glass sphere off his belt when he saw Hyunjoong's eyes turn red. His mind certainly couldn't have processed the implications of that in time.

And just in time he'd thrown the glass ball down, tech molecule shield ballooning over him, for not a second later, shadows erupted from Hyunjoong, slamming into the shield so strongly that even inside of it, Youngsaeng lifted to his arms to block the force of recoil. Hyunjoong smirked, shadows writhing around him like the agony of dying souls. "You may call me 'Reaper'."

Youngsaeng's eyes flitted over to the jammer in shock, wondering if Hyunjoong had broken it. But seeing that slight movement, Hyunjoong laughed, shaking his head. "No. Your precious jammer is still working. But it doesn't work on me. Not anymore."

"Hyunjoong! Stop this!" The shield wouldn't last long. He needed to get out of this fast.

"I already told you not to call me that! Reaper! The name's Reaper now!"

Youngsaeng's mind whirled. Reaper. That was the guy who was giving them a load of trouble recently. It had been the reason why Hyunjoong had come under investigation, but the inquisitors had ultimately no choice but to drop it, even though Hyunjoong had a similar power and he'd never been spotted in the same place at the same time with Reaper. And the simple reason had been his aura - Hyunjoong's aura had been simply too different from Reaper's. Hyunjoong's aura was of darkness, but it was the darkness of the night sky - calming, and peppered with far off stars: a darkness full of shining. That aura had been what attracted Youngsaeng to Hyunjoong in the first place: the younger approaching the senior almost out of a whim, having heard of Hyunjoong through the grapevine. He’d been more sarcastic and less tolerant back then, and had ridiculed Hyunjoong, asking him why he stuck maintaining such a gentle, harmless facade when people still feared him regardless.

But looking at Hyunjoong now, and that aura that spewed from him like the scent of sewage, shadows cold and unfeeling like the personifications of the very fear that had borne them; it was hard to believe that this was the same person that had looked him in the eye back then, a carefully blank look that belied the kind amusement beneath. Hard to believe that this was the same person who had replied then that darkness wasn’t going to care whether people feared it or not; that darkness was the way it was because of the way it was. It was an empty canvas, save for what people put into it - not good, not evil, just that way. And if Hyunjoong chose to marry it with light, then who was anyone to stop him?

But of course, it was hard to believe because it wasn’t true – at least, not anymore. The man with the crazy red eyes, who was using his shadows to bear down on the shield that Youngsaeng was in? That wasn’t Hyunjoong. It couldn’t be.

It just couldn't be.

"You're running out of time~" Hyunjoong- no. Reaper said, his eyes glinting maniacally at the sight of the first cracks appearing in the shield.

Yes, he was. And with a heavy heart, Youngsaeng lifted his gun, letting out a shot.

"Hah! Missed me!" Reaper taunted, but the shot wasn't meant for him. It hit its mark, the jammer lying on the floor shattering entirely, and with that, Youngsaeng disappeared.

"Hey!" Reaper growled, shadows intensifying, and they swept over the room in vain search: Youngsaeng was especially good at hiding from agents of the Fallen after all.

"What happened, Kud?" The loud redhead from earlier slipped into the room, wrapping his arms around Reaper. "Aw. Did the kitty cat evade you?"

"Tch. He's smart for a cat. Always been," Reaper glanced at the smoking jammer, destroyed by the bullet put through it. The shadows receded, but the red eyes still remained. "And don't call me that, Wraith. That is not my name anymore,"

"Yes. Yes," the red head laughed, before holding up a standard jammer, "want me to help you flush out the cat?"

"Hmph. You know what? Just leave it." Reaper chuckled. "And he can go and tell his precious Alliance what one of their most trusted agents has done to them. They'll be devastated." Reaper smirked. "Oh... Their hate will be most palatable."

"You're a sick, sick man, Reaper." Wraith laughed, drawing close to the other, mouth brushing against Reaper's ear. "So, so sick. But I love it."

And Youngsaeng decided he couldn't listen anymore, taking off from where he was hidden, feeling that he'd been betrayed in more ways than one.

 

~*~