The Way to Dreamland

Story of a Little Mermaid and the Prince Who Didn't Believe in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I beg you this time, I beg you" Ryeowook walked into the living room, whispering at a very low volume after closing the door of his bedroom "Please, keep quiet! I managed to put Jeong Wook to sleep again just now, I won't have him wake up and begin to cry and scream because of you two playing that loud!"

His eyes glanced towards the direction where two figures abruptly stopped playing and fighting on the couch, still hyper and giggling. They froze and responded to the man's stare with a curious one.

"You should go and get a nap as well, Jiyoon" Ryeowook tried to get closer to the five-year-old girl, aiming at hugging her to accompany the kid into her bedroom, but she was faster and escaped his arms, finding shelter in her other father's embrace.

"I don't want to!" she pouted, snuggling her face against the man's chest. He shrugged and looked down at the little princess, who gripped his clothes ever so strongly, before he could look at Ryeowook and smirk: "She learnt it from you!"

"I don't care whom she learnt that from, you better not fall for it, because I know what's best for my sons and I highly hope you do it too!" Ryeowook walked further away and reached the dining table, where he found the checkered dishcloth he was forced to leave, before running to coax his weeping baby boy in the crib. The man then resumed drying some pots and pans that Kyuhyun had left for him, after washing the dishes from lunch.

"I know, I know" Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the little scolding, and was busted by her daughter, who couldn't help but let out another chuckle at her father for making fun of the other man "It's not fair though. If she can't pout and act lovely in front of me, then you cannot do it either. I promise I won't fall for it when even if you are the one doing it" at those words, Ryeowook turned around and flashed Kyuhyun with his indignant stare, blushing as his husband unveiled his weaknesses in front of their little daughter.

"I'm right though, you know it" Ryeowook continued, pointing at him with his accusatory finger "Jiyoon needs her nap or she will be so tired later, that we won't know how to stop her from crying and whining. We both don't like it when our daughter cries that easily"

"I won't cry, I won't cry, I swear!" she pleaded in Kyuhyun's lap, pulling his clothes in her small fists as she looked up to her father's eyes and pleaded with hers, two round hazelnut orbs already filled with stubborn tears at the idea of putting a stop to the cuddles with her father "I want to play, I want to play with you daddy! I'm not tired!"

Kyuhyun easily entoured his arms around the small figure of his little girl and pulled her into a reassuring hug, before he could start caressing her silky dark hair which fell slightly below her shoulders: "Sweetie, daddy Ryeowook is right, though. You're not an easy child and need to rest as much as possible. We can resume playing when you wake up"

"Daddy Ryeowook is not nice!" she shook her head, narrowing her eyes and plunging under the crook of the man's neck, hoping that the glue-like grip would never get her off her father.

Ryeowook unexpectedly let go of a pot, which fell in the metallic sink with a loud thud. He gripped the counter and ducked his chin, hiding from the two who almost at the same time turned heads in his direction, as if woken up from their little dream-like world by the loud noise just heard.

"See?" Kyuhyun muttered in Jiyoon's ear, scolding her for the unaware words of a child, which could result sharper than a blade sometimes. Kyuhyun knew that Ryeowook must have been hurt by her reaction, though he also knew that his little husband could undersand Jiyonn was just a child, hostage to a mere fit of wimps moreover. He reached for her small hand around his own neck and grabbed it, tenderly the back of it as he whispered: "Go to dad and hug him, he is sad when you say such mean things, and you know princesses aren't mean to their daddies"

A little sigh, a bunch of swinging steps and then: "Dad?" she looked over at where Ryeowook stood, moving silently, as he dried the remaining dishes and sighed heavily, until he felt two little hands tugging his jeans to ask for his attention: "Daddy?" Jiyoon spoke, glancing up at him, curious to know whether her father was angry at her for the words she had just uncautiously snapped out. 

"Daddy? Are you angry? Are you angry at me?" she kept on asking, hopping on her feet while she stretched out both her tiny arms in Ryeowook's direction, this time hoping that he could lift and take her into a forgiving hug, which didn't come.

"Don't be angry! You're nice too!" she said, still tugging his jeans.

Ryeowook left his pots and stopped a moment to look at the child with tender eyes: "I'm not angry Jiyoon, but I didn't like what you said"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" she rushed to say, still looking for a way to get in his arms.

"I'll forgive you, but only if you go to sleep. It won't take you too much, a couple of hours and we can play all together again, just like daddy Kyuhyun said" he explained, drying his hands and bending to grab his daugther, so he could lift her feather-like weight and hold her tight. Ryeowook leaned in and rubbed his nose with the smaller one of the girl, who giggled and hugged his neck.

"Can we play with Jeong Wook too?" she asked, her eyes twinkling, just like her father's, at the mention of the baby brother she had just acquired through the struggles of Ryeowook and Kyuhyun's wishes.

"Yes sure! He loves it when you play with him, you know?" Ryeowook nodded, walking back into the living room, where Kyuhyun still sat at his place, not parting his eyes from the loving scene of his husband and daughter bonding a little bit more each passing day.

"And..." the petite man sat on the couch next to Kyuhyun, who set aside his phone and immediately lifted his right arm to welcome Ryeowook against his own body "...if you sleep and don't disturb me, I can have more time to bake a delicious strawberry roll, since it's your favorite"

"Oh, I love strawberries!" Kyuhyun interrupted them while Jiyoon sat on Ryeowook's lap and lightly pinched his cheeks. He interrupted the girl and almost immediately soothed Ryeowook's left cheek with a small peck "If I were you, I'd accept the deal and rush to bed. I would never want to lose the opportunity to eat your father's delicious sweets!"

She looked slightly more convinced and finally nodded, setting one last condition to seal the deal: "I'll go, but you have to read me a bedt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter